PDA

View Full Version : Posh Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

rocksgirl
04-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Welcome to Posh Chat!
This thread is designed for all members to chat with each other about anything and everything!

Rules:
1. If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it!!! Flaming of a member will not be tolerated!
2. You can chat about personal or stamping stuff here!
3. Keep in mind what you chat about, can be seen by everyone!
4. There are to be no profanities used in your chat!! We are a friendly,family Club!!

*Please note, that if a post is considered offensive, it will be removed at the moderators discretion!*

Well Poshies, let's start chatting!

JeanneLee
04-28-2010, 08:32 AM
This is awesome, Sue...thanks so much!

I was just upstairs vacuuming when I must have picked up something I shouldn't have and thought I broke the vacuum! Thank goodness for boys who love to *fix* things. Our youngest, who turned 13 a couple of weeks ago, took it out on the deck and discovered the bag is overflowing and we changed that... cleaned out the hoses(never found what I picked up)...and its working! So I am here checking in and see this post! :eek: :D

glittery night owl
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
WTG Moderaters :D Thank you

This is a perfect place to update each other on how we are doing or if we need something to brighten our day :D
Trudy

JulieB.T.
04-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Great idea:)Thanks for thinking of this!

JeanneLee
04-28-2010, 11:18 AM
So, when do you all create?? I can't usually get to my craft room till evening time after dinner...

stampire
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Good idea! We can get to know each other even better this way. JIL

DebRN
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
This is going to be wonderful. :) Those of you who know me, know that I love to talk. Just ask my husband! :p DebRN

cardmaker
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Great idea -- but I'll have to force myself to stay away from the computer once in a while so I can get some work done -- like laundry and cooking!! LOL :D

Janet

glittery night owl
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Janet, my favorite time to create is in the evening when DH and the girls are asleep, I find that time so peaceful and I have trouble sleeping anyway.
Usually one of the girls are in the doggie beds under the craft tabel but now that I have 2 craft tabel another one goes there and the 3rd one sleeps in the doorway.

Can not wait to heal i MISS stamping and making cards. If only my body :eek: would catch up to my mind :D
I am going to find some pictures of my babies and show them to you.
Trudy

DebRN
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
OMG, how adorable! My Tippy, part Border collie/terrior, has a similar face. Love my furries! DebRN

JulieB.T.
04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Trudy!!:) What a great picture of you two:) Well, I always do my cardmaking at the last minute:} I guess the key is organization which I am working on!

Inkycat
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
This is a great change to the Club! I checked in last week (after a way-too-long absence :o) by posting on a "Checking In" thread that Trudy had thankfully started. :) Life just got so busy for me that I just never made any time to stamp or visit the Club Posh anymore but it certainly wasn't because I didn't enjoy myself here daily for several years straight! :p I've got a lot to catch up on here at the Club and am so glad to "see" and "hear" from everybody again! Here's a pic of my 10 month old granddaughter, Natasha, who has been living with us since she was born and is my chief distraction from stamping ;)

glittery night owl
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Leslie, she is adorable :D now teach her to stamp like grandma,
Trudy

Diana Jones
04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Trudy, lovely picture of you and Kandie; especially love your smile!

Leslie, Natasha is beautiful and I know that every minute with her is precious and worth missing stamping.

I have a 13 month old Great Grandson named Darien who lives with me and he doesn't like to be held; it's go, go, go, unless you have something he wants. Then he will let you pick him up so he is closer to it. Once he gets what he wants, he's ready to run. I can watch him for hours, what a gift from God he is.

I wonder if Darien will like stamping. His mom does but doesn't do it right now. Maybe I can interest them both in some stamping fun before long.

stampingground
04-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Both my grand daughters love to stamp and play in the stamping room. They can really create a mess! Love it though.

JeanneLee
04-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Morning everyone...I get on the PC during morning time while there is a break during school. Our second child just finished high school and we have now graduated two! Our oldest DS hopes to graduate from college next spring.
The one graduating this year is our only daughter. I still have two more to go...they are currently in 7th and 10th.

Trudy...its wonderful to see you and Kandie and Leslie...your GD, Natasha is precious!

Never thought of adding some photos here! Its wonderful to see fellow Poshies!

stampwilly
04-29-2010, 06:07 AM
This is a great idea! I stamp during the day because I am home and hubby is at work. Nights are out for me. What cute pictures of Kandie and Natasha! I do not have pets or grandkids. Oldest son has been traveling India, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia since he graduated from college in Dec. Will get home June 7th! I have had fun following him by internet, seeing the places he has been. 2nd son lives with us (20) and is working. What style of stamping do you like? I have been stamping a looooong time and like all styles. Depends on the mood I'm in.

Stampwilly

rocksgirl
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Trudy I love the picture of you and Kandie... What a cutie...

Leslie congratulations again, and your granddaughter is precious! I believe she is well worth you being away from the club and stamping! Glad to have you back though!! Who knows she may enjoy stamping with you when she gets a little older!

I love that you all are sharing a bit about yourselves, and even posting pictures!

Jeannelee, congrats on your two graduating! Must be very interesting homeschooling them..

April, I bet it is very interesting in a sense traveling with your son on his adventure! I hope he is keeping a journal! My niece did that when she was in Spain for a month while studying abroad...

I Enjoy reading what everyone is chatting about!

glittery night owl
04-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Sue, who is the cutie?? Me or Kandie ROFL
lacieluv

linda beyer
04-29-2010, 01:51 PM
i have enjoyed reading about everyone and there pets, grandchildren and stamping. i have five grandchildren, three boys and two girls. they are great children. the nicest thing is we all live in the same town.

i don't think i have a style for stamping. i just do what comes to mind. this computer drives me crazy. won't let me do what i had done on the old one.

i do have a cat . my daughter needed to move home a few years ago and bought him with her. when she moved on it was to a place where she could not have pet. he has been with us over ten years now. we have gotten attached to him. i wanted a dog but am glad i don't have one because i retired last year. now my dh and i can go when we want. my daughter takes care of the cat.

guess i have gone on enough. talk to you later.

stampire
04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Trudy- That's a great picture! Nice to see your smiling face. Thanks for posting it.
My son will turn 17 tomorrow! I can hardly believe it.
I had a doctors appointment today & he gave me a clean bill of health. I have one more year before thay determine that this form of cancer can't come back. I feel sooooo lucky.
JIL

DebRN
04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Congratulations, Jil. I will keep you in my thoughts for a full recovery.
Congratulations on your son's 17th birthday. What a celebration for your family! Hugs, Debbie

JulieB.T.
04-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeahhhhh for you Jil!!! Keep doing what you're doing,going to the appts.Having the checkups and everything else that is needed.You will be there for your sons 27th birthday and you will see your grandchildren!!

rocksgirl
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Trudy, you know you are a cutie, but..... LOL

Linda you will figure out your computer!!! You hang in there and sooner or later you will be running it just like your old one!!

Jil that is fantastic news!! As a cancer survivor of 7 years this June, I understand!

Just thought I would share, I am still living out of boxes, keep fingers crossed that we find a place soon!! Waiting for a call on one place, she said if her son doesn't move in, it's ours...

DebRN
04-30-2010, 08:39 AM
My fingers are crossed for you, Sue.
thanks to everyone who is making the most of this new Chat Forum. DebRN

Inkycat
04-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Oh no, I don't know if I can follow this type of chat thread very well because I am terrible at puzzles (or maybe it is just scrolling :p ) but I did want to join in and add that I had the pleasure of meeting Trudy (live and in person!) at the Grapevine Rubber Stamping Show several years ago (she brought her handsome Harold but not cute Kandie! :D ) Trudy, as you might of guessed, is one FUN lady whose enthusiasm for stamping just makes you wanna say, "Yahoooooooo!!!!" right along with her. :p

Thanks for all the congrats about Natasha...being "Grandma" is fun for me!

JeanneLee probably remembers that I was also a homeschooling mom of my three for a few years but put 'em back in public school by the time they needed algebra(!) Congrats on all your progress/success and perseverance! My oldest son is graduating from college (and going on to graduate school) and my youngest son is graduating from high school in May, too.

Diana: it sounds like we both have a "full house" and congrats on YOUR 13 month old grandson! You'll have to PM me so we can compare notes on the "full house" issues.

Jil: Loved your utube easel card video and BIG congrats on your health!!!

Sue: Best wishes on your upcoming move...that is always so stressful but a relief when you get settled again...

So good to read news from DebRN, LindaBeyer, Laela/stampingground, Stampwilly/April and JulieBT (who also has a son about to graduate high school!) This is a pretty celebratory time of year due to so many graduations, weddings, and the like.

I've got to carve out some time to send some PMs to some of my old buddies who must have thought I had fallen off the face of the earth. :eek: It is funny how, even after I had not been to the site in such a l-o-n-g time, I remember everybody like it was just yesterday...glad to see everybody seems to be doing pretty well...

DebRN
04-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi, Inkycat, it is so much fun hearing from you again as well. Congrats on everything going on in your life. DebRN

loosluck
04-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi all, Trudy, I'm so glad that you are getting better and you have a cutie pie there.
Jil, I had cervical cancer 35 years ago and I have been clean all these years, Congrats on getting a good report. I have 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter by marriage. I have a wonderful 6yr old great grandson. Unfortunately they all live in different directions along the eastern seaboard. I very rarely see them. Mary

JeanneLee
04-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Whew!! I just got home from a local park...DD got her HS diploma today! So we went out to take photos for her grad announcement...after 3 outfit changes we ended up with 150 photos! Hoping one or two turns out. It was a beautiful afternoon to take photos.

JulieB.T.
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Congratulations to your daughter and to you and your family on her graduation! I have another month till my DS graduates, IF he gets everything done on time;)

stampingground
04-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Congratulations, everyone, on the graduates! That is such a big milestone for parents as well as the kids!

What a wonderful thing to be able to say " I beat cancer!" God bless you all! I am so happy for you. What a blessing!

I am going to have surgery on May 20th. I am having a stomach bypass. I have lost 92 pounds in the last 6 months, and I hope to lose much more after the surgery! I would appreciate your prayers and encouragement, because I am just a wee bit nervous about the whole thing!!

My 6yo grand daughter said, "you've just about made it, Nana!" I really want this to succeed so I can do things I've never done before! Especially with my grandkids!

rocksgirl
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
I have to say it is so nice to read all your posts! Congrats on those of you that have graduates this year!!! I have a nephew who will be graduating in June, and I am so excited for him! He really struggled with school because of his ADD but he did it and I am so proud of him!!

Laela, I am so proud of you!!! Congrats on your weight loss! You know you have my prayers and I will always be there for support!! Aren't kids just precious with their comments...

we found a house today, but I am scared!!! It's a great find, but we have to do everything, the landlord will only pay garbage..... It sits on 5 acres and the view is breathtaking, but there are no neighbors!! lol Oh he said that there are 5 deer that visit quite regularly.... It reminds me of little house on the praire where she is running through the fields... Can this city girl, handle the country life????

Leslie I know the chat thread is really busy, but what fun!!

Just know Poshies I am reading all of the posts and enjoy getting to know you all better.. :)

DebRN
05-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Julie, my son will graduate in a month also. Gees, it seems that the kids keep getting older and the moms keep getting younger. :eek: I love how that works! :p Congrats to you both.

Laela, you will do wonderfully. I have know many people who have had this type of surgery. You have done so much of the hard work already with your weight loss. Think positive and know that we are all thinking and praying for you. :D

Sue, Congratulations on the house. Yes, City girls can handle the country. Just think of all the beauty you will see. I love the herd of about 10 deer who visit my front yard nightly, especially when they bring their babies! :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, so far. hugs, DebRN

linda beyer
05-01-2010, 05:24 AM
laela, your surgery will go all right. just do what your dr tells you and i will be praying for you.

i think i would like living in the country and see the deer. near us we have some scottish highlander cows. they have very long horns and you can tell how old they are by the horn length. they are fun to watch and this week we saw two babies. they are raised for beef only. didn't mean to go on so.

gradulations to all the graduates and to mom and dad.

i too read all the messages. by the way we are not farmers, i just love those cows.

sewphisticats
05-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Laela, I am so proud of you! The next time you come to a convention in Grapevine, I won't recognize you! I will be thinking of you on May 20, and hope the surgery will be the first step to a new you!

glittery night owl
05-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Laela, I am so excited for you and know in the big picture you are going to look back and say WOW, this was so worth it.

To all the cancer survivors please know you are loved and please if you need me please let me know. This is something you need to share with me so i can be there in the good times and the rough times, that is what friends do for each other.

Could you please share with us your feelings as you went throgh all of it so we can learn how to help others??? That is how we learn how to help someone else.
Thank you God for freeing them of cancer.

Congrats to all who are graduating and what proud parents you are
Trudy

glittery night owl
05-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Sue, PLEASE keep us updated on your house situation. I would love to live in the country, my neighbors are in spitting distance :eek: :D and some times I am tempted to spit :eek: but don't ROFL
Trudy

DebRN
05-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Trudy, you are funny!

JulieB.T.
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm cleaning out the garage and it feels soooo good!! I realized that 1/4 of the stuff are empty or half filled boxes:o

rocksgirl
05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
well not looking so good on the house.. by the time i add everything up, it is going to cost us a whole lot of money for the view!! Which is great, but won't be when winter comes and my car doesn't make it up the hill! so we still have a lot of thinking to do.. wish something better would come available, so I can take this one off the decision board... lol Trudy you crack me up!!!!

I know that had to be great that 1/4 of the stuff is not as bad as you thought, makes the job so much easier... :)

stampingground
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Ya'll are so sweet. Thanks for all the encouragement. This has been a really rough 6 months. I've never done anything more miserable. I pray that I learn something from this as well as benefit physically. It's good to know I have you guys to hold me up!!

Sue, don't give up. Things will change and the right thing will come along. It is so hard to wait. Hang in there!

glittery night owl
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Sometimes waiting is the PITTS, but what is that saying :confused:

OHHHH Good things come to those who wait.

Sue I have this wonderful feeling somthing is coming your way next month and you are going to be happy to waited.

Laela i am going to call you " Skinny Minney, yahoooooooo"

I saw the most beautiful red bird in my back yard this morning, reminds me that God's beauty is so awsome and his beauty is free for everyone.
Trudy

Inkycat
05-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Laela, congratulations on all your hard work towards a very healthy future ahead!
Sue, the house prospect sure sounds pretty...I've never been to Rhode Island, so would love to see pics of your new "nest" once you decide!

stampire
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. This was such a huge milestone for me.
Congratulations Laela! That is awesome news that you have lost so much weight. I had a friend in scouts who lost 300 lbs with bypass surgery. I saw his before & after pics & it was unbelievable how different he looked. Everything wnt well with his surgery, so i'm sure you'll also have a successful surgery.
Sue, I wouldn't take the place if you think it'll be a burden. I know it's hard to keep waiting, but it may be worth it. I love the idea of living in the country because I love horses, but I love going out too much.
Sorry is I miss anything. This thread is fun, but will be hard to keep up with! JIL

winsrella
05-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Great thread! I have enjoyed reading the postings and getting to know everyone better. It is hard to remember all I read and to comment on it. Putting pictures on the site is great. I would have never thought of that . . . mostly because I don't know how to do it. If I did, I would have up loaded . . . I think that is the right term, I would have put up a picture of Tigerella, my kitty, discovering my rubber stamps. She was in my stamp closet and jumped into a tray of my stamps and decided to investigate them. It is a really cute picture. I will use it in my Tigerella scrapbook that I am creating. She's 15! How did that happen?? Well, I have been chatting enough. I shall return. I read this quote recently, but don't recall where.The tv painter Bob Ross said it. "We don't make mistakes. . .we just have happy accidents."

Ann and >^..^< ( I lifted that from Catmommy a few years ago)

JulieB.T.
05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi Ann:) wasn't Bob Ross great?? I MISS watching him! Such a kind soul was he:)

kaybee
05-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Thank you so much for this. I used to get into trouble everyone in a while when I would get off the stamping subject. As I like to talk about babies and dogs and cats, this is a welcome change. Stamping is a big part of my life but so are other things. Kay

stampingground
05-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree Kay. Stamping is wonderful, but so are other things. Sometimes things happen that interfere with stamping and THAT'S what I need to talk about. Yes. This is a breath of fresh air for the club, I'm thinking. I like it.

loosluck
05-02-2010, 04:38 PM
me too. Mary

Broken Heart Binder
05-03-2010, 04:48 AM
More than 2 years ago, when my son was deploying to Iraq for his third tour, SandDollar sent me a small journal/scrapbook with designed pages and lots of room to write.

My son was killed in Iraq before I got the scrapbook made, but I kept the journal/scrapbook Sandy sent me.

Now, 2 years later I am using this scrapbook to make a small scrapbook to give to David's daughter Lizzy, who is now just over 2 years old.

I am obviously also making bigger scrapbooks about David and his life of humor/life of honor. But this little scrapbook will be a real treasure for Lizzy throughout her life.

Thanks Sandy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Love,

Bonnie
Proud Gold Star Mother of SSgt David Julian

Inkycat
05-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Bonnie, that was just so touching to read and to realize that Lizzy is already two years old now...would love to see a pic of her...as if a granddaughter isn't precious enough, Lizzie must be exceptionally precious to you. Sandy will be so honored to realize that her gift is going to be put to such good use!

JeanneLee
05-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Thank-you girls, we are very proud of DD! Our oldest hopefully will graduate with his BS in computers next spring! Then we will have two more to go!

Yep, Leslie, I remember and how you shred some books with me , too! ;)
Congrats to your two boys and their accomplishments.

Jil, congrats on your clean bill of health! How good you must be feeling knowing that!

Sue, so glad to hear you found a place! Can't be easy living out-of-boxes. Five acres...wow...we dream of a place...living between Baltimore and Wash.,D.C. the traffic is terrible here. We are blessed to have 1/2 acre! That is considered a lot of land here in the suburb we live in! I am sure it will be scary at first...I think the first year is hard anywhere you move to, till you get adjusted.

Laela, congrats on your weight loss so far...pray your surgery goes well.

Julie...its a great feeling when you get things *cleaned out* doesn't it!
We cleaned our garage out a few weeks ago...we have been able to park both our vans in it, but was getting cluttered looking. Feels good to step out of the van without getting squished! :p

Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about your dear son who was killed. Its wonderful you are making Lizzy this little scrapbook that she will be able to remember her father by. My heart goes out to you...

Its wonderful to *see* other names here I remember back to check in!
Rainy here today and I hope to get off to make some much needed birthday and graduation cards!

Have a blessed day everyone.

glittery night owl
05-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Bonnie why don't you print out the thread that a Tribute was done to your son and put it in a scrapbook to.

Times seems to fly by so fast that sometimes we turn around and suddenly say " Remember when"
Trudy

Inkycat
05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
>>Jeanne Lee wrote:
Yep, Leslie, I remember and how you shred some books with me , too!
Congrats to your two boys and their accomplishments.<<

ROFL The missing "a" for shared which made it into "shred" makes it sound like we had some sort of book-shredding party! :p ;) :D

Inkycat
05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
JulieB.T.:
You put a funny post up on another thread about the time you bid on a German postcard. You should post it over here so everyone can compare stories! :p

Broken Heart Binder
05-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Lacielove said: "Bonnie why don't you print out the thread that a Tribute was done to your son and put it in a scrapbook to."

--------------------
That is such a good idea that I already did that (great minds think alike). I have a separate scrapbook that includes the Posh Club thread that was a tribute, and all the cards I got from Posh friends (and other close friends) in that separate scrapbook.

Then I also have another separate scrapbook that includes all the letters and emails that were sent after we lost David -- which included military and governmental letters.

Seems like David ended up with more scrapbooks than all the other kids put together. I'm trying to remedy that by now updating more scrapbooks for the other kids and their families.

Thanks,
Bonnie

JulieB.T.
05-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Ok, Miss Leslie, this is the story...I put it in another thread but now can't find it! When I first started using the computer about 2001-2003, I bid on a postcard from Germany and WON! It was on a German ebay site and I thought I could figure the site out, but then I realized that I had won with a $5,ooo.oo bid instead of a $5.oo one I totally freaked out! I woke up around 3:30 a.m. and since I was up, I came downstairs to see if I had won.Oh, yeah, I won alright, but it was going to cost me! My b.p. went zooming up and then I had to wait for my husband to go to work till I could email the very nice man in Germany to say that I had made a terrible mistake.He emailed me back, and said he was not going to hold me to the $5,000.00! I was soooo stressed out over that, that I stayed off ebay for months.Computers and I dont' mix well:)

rocksgirl
05-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Bonnie what a treasured gift you will be giving to Lizzy! While putting together the scrapbook for her, I hope it also helps you in the healing process. I made a scrapbook for my nephew when he graduated from high school, and the pages that his mom (my sister) and him were together, I paid special attention to how she was feeling, or what she would want him to know and journaled her thoughts to him. She passed away from breast cancer when he was 7 years old. He thanked and hugged me when I gave it to him.. But, it was a few days later, when he called and said thank you for making this album for me, and for sharing what my Mom was feeling then. I will treasure this. On the last page of his album was the last picture of the two of them together and there was a letter written to him by me and in that letter was the wishes and dreams that my sister had for him. I think Sanddollar gave you an awesome gift, and when you pass that gift on to Lizzy it will be so treasured!

Well, we did not take the house.. I am a chicken!! I do think that it was a wise decision though... So, living out of boxes for a little while longer..

Inkycat
05-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Sue:
That's good that you're trusting your instincts and the right house at the right time is bound to come along... :)

JulieBT:
That is a funny story and made me wonder what the nature of the postcard was to make it worth five thousand dollars? When you thought it was five dollars, were you planning to use it for cardmaking? :p

rocksgirl
05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
oh wow Julie..... You are so lucky to have dealt with an understanding person... It is sure funny now, but I am sure when that happened, not so funny!!! I would have been so sick... Ty for sharing your story!!

Leslie, thanks... Oh by the way.. We moved from Rhode Island, we are now in Pennsylvania!! Closer to my family and with the economy it was the best move for us! I miss Rhode Island, but love being near my family!!

Ok, here we go again, someone just called and said they have a place... But our phone call was disconnected, so just waiting for them to call back and finish giving me the details, but if I heard correctly it is so in our price range and a great area too!!! Love cellular phones, but at this moment I don't, because the anticipation is killing me!!

glittery night owl
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Prayers going up, OK everyone lets start praying for sue and her new home to come through for her :D

Bonnie, I now remember Lois telling me she printed out the thread for a Tribute to Sprois when her precious son passed away.
Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Hang in there Sue and good things will come to you!

JeanneLee
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh sheesh, Leslie! :( I had corrected it when I went to preview it, but had a separate window opened and hit the wrong button I guess! :rolleyes:
LOL, no shredding books for me, just sharing! (there is a cool website called PaperBackSwap where you can swap books.)

>>Jeanne Lee wrote:
Yep, Leslie, I remember and how you shred some books with me , too!
Congrats to your two boys and their accomplishments.<<

ROFL The missing "a" for shared which made it into "shred" makes it sound like we had some sort of book-shredding party! :p ;) :D

Inkycat
05-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh sheesh, Leslie! :( I had corrected it when I went to preview it, but had a separate window opened and hit the wrong button I guess! :rolleyes:
LOL, no shredding books for me, just sharing! (there is a cool website called PaperBackSwap where you can swap books.)

Ha, ha! :p No, we never shred books although I have "altered" a couple of 'em. We are fine, upstanding book traders/recyclers if anything! :p
I am proud to say that I get most of my books from the library so they don't "stack up" on me. Don't know if I could get used to a Kindle because I do like holding an actual book.

blossom
05-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Leslie, look who found her way back. Nice to see you my friend. CACANOT always made my day and I was always guaranteed a smile....the flower child

I have not posted anything on this thread yet, but I have read every post. Some very interesting things going on here. My best wishes to you all.........the flower child

JeanneLee
05-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Ha, ha! :p No, we never shred books although I have "altered" a couple of 'em. We are fine, upstanding book traders/recyclers if anything! :p
I am proud to say that I get most of my books from the library so they don't "stack up" on me. Don't know if I could get used to a Kindle because I do like holding an actual book.

Leslie, I am the same way...I go to the library, but if I find a book from the library I have to have then I will purchase it for my library. It will be awful if one day they stop making books and everything would be electronic.

linda beyer
05-04-2010, 05:59 AM
i agree with you. i have a terrible time with computer. don't know how i would handle everything being electronic

rocksgirl
05-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey Warren come and chat with us?? Where did you go overseas and what did you see that you could share with us please????

I have been stationed in Germany with Harold and have visited Austria, Italy and Belguim.

I was in Germany when the Berlin Wall came down and have live footage of it. I even chipped some of the wall off, on the other side of the wall you could see the buttleholes in the walls of the buildings.
Harold and I went deep inside so we could really see how the people lived, and the grocery stores hardly had any food at all.

I went into Ann Franks house where she hid and it is amazing history and visited the burial place of the Jews. I must confess I was sobbing walking through there and what they had to endure.

I visited the tulip fields and I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life. Acres of flowers and on the lake the swans were swimming and they had orchid houses.

I went to Mauderdam, which is a city built of Legos full scale. They had working lights, windows, trains, you name it they had it.

I taught in the school in Germany grades K-8th was on the base and was there when Desert Storm brokeout.
In order to get on the base they put mirrows under your card to make sure no bombs had been planted there.
The base commander sent a special bus to go pick up our high school kids which had to be bordered out because the school was 5 hours away. My son was there also and brought them back to our base.
I was instrumantal in bringing a drug counsler to our school for our 7th and 8th graders who were doing drugs. They confined in me so i knew what was going one. The counsler had to travel 5 hours to get to us and the kids trusted me so much they wanted me in there while they talked. They knew I would hold what they said safe with me. It was an privale to be in there with them while I learned how and why they did the things they did.

In Austria I saw the Swarski crystal factory and everything sparkled. it was beautiful.

OK I have talked your heads off
Trudy

rocksgirl
05-04-2010, 08:53 AM
The above post is from Trudy.. I messed up, so I had to copy and paste it... one of those days... :)

AmyS
05-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Hello dear Poshies!

I have been AWOL and haven't even read all the way through this new thread (love it, btw!) but I wanted to say hi. Our translation business has really taken off this year, and except for about a two week period last month we've been working on one or more projects every day. We may soon be able to add a new client to our list, too. We're very excited about it and if it comes through I will share. ;)

The downside of course is my preferred stamping time (morning) is now taken up with work, and by the time we call it a day I can't wait to get away from the computer for awhile! But I have missed everyone and had to pop by and let you know I think of you all, even if I don't show up around here much.

Posh hugs to all!

JulieB.T.
05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
There's no way I would read a book online:{ I don't even like reading the local paper online but I do look at it every once in awhile if something big is happening.I do read the same paper daily and my small town paper once weekly.I found papers under my g.mother's rug when we moved into the house in 1965. They were dated back to 1928-31.They were my first antiques and I still have them! It will be a sad day when only written material will be on the computer.

rocksgirl
05-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I agree!! I love to hold a good book in my hands!! I don't like reading books online, I find that I don't get as involved with the story if I am reading it online!!!

JulieB.T.
05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Great stories Trudy and it's good to hear from you again Miss Amy:) You are so talented Amy and I so enjoy your knitting projects:)

glittery night owl
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I just ordered the new stamp postioner from SAM, I have been looking for it after reading alot about it, I think it is under misc for SAM
I am hoping they also get the sub pieces. It is called Sunas something or other :eek: :D

Goodgracious it is in the 90's here today, yikesss
lacieluv

JulieB.T.
05-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Dang, Trudy, that's too hot for me at this time , but we had a near 90 the other day.High 70s and low 80s for another week or so. Our Oakdale Cowboy Chocolate Festival is at the end of the month and ALWAYS wayyyyy to hot for a chocolate festival :o It was 96 at the last festival a year ago and with the meds I'm on, I was out in the heat too long and got just a wee bit sick! Won't do that again:)

stampire
05-04-2010, 08:18 PM
It's really hot here too. Really muggy. I think it's frying my brain. I've had weird headaches since the heat started. I haven't felt like stamping because of it. Hopefully I'll get used to it. We have many more months ahead with even hotter temps.
Good to see you Amy! Glad your business in doing good. If you have to have an excuse to not stamp, that would be it! JIL

winsrella
05-04-2010, 08:47 PM
This past Sunday, the youth of the church had an auction to raise funds for their mission thip this July. I usually do not bid on things, but give a donation. Well, this Sunday there was a large round basket that was filled with stamping things. I checked it out and I did not already have many of the things. So I made a bid and actually won it. Serendipity! It had quality card stock, papers, four stamp sets, a great pair of scissors, hand made cards by the donor. All in all, it was a great collection. I even put a towel into the lg. round basket as a bed in my stamping room for kitty. She has discovered it and is in it whenever I am stamping or am on the computer.

Ann

linda beyer
05-05-2010, 04:53 AM
i ordered two grab bags from sunday international. i got a lot of posh individual stamps. each bag was different and they were ones i didn't have in easy mount.
they were 15 dollars each and had 50 dollars worth of stamps. i felt like it was christmas.

JeanneLee
05-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Jil, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are better soon. Maryland usually has summer temps in April, but we only actually had a few day of upper 80s-90. Its actually been more spring-like.

Ann, nice win! Our youth here do a similar auction every spring called the "ShareFair". Its a wonderful fundraiser...I will have to think of donating a "get started stamping basket" next year! ;)

Hi Amy! Its great to hear you are well. Check in when you can. :)

Off to get the kids started in school...

Inkycat
05-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Leslie, look who found her way back. Nice to see you my friend. CACANOT always made my day and I was always guaranteed a smile....the flower child

I have not posted anything on this thread yet, but I have read every post. Some very interesting things going on here. My best wishes to you all.........the flower child

Blossom:
Sending you get-well wishes so that you will have a very Happy Birthday today and, remember, if you don't feel well enough today...just celebrate on through the weekend! :p In honor of your birthday and comment above, guess who is making a reappearance? Good ole Cacanot (my alter ego) who has resumed her (mis)adventures in my signature line below! ;) :rolleyes: :p

Inkycat
05-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Well, if you have crafting supplies and other family members in the house, you are bound to have the same dilemma as me (and "Cacanot"/see my signature line below): we sometimes think we have supplies and we no longer have them because a family member has used them up! Over the years I have been crafting and my children have grown up into young adults, I have often offered my stash for various school projects, etc., quite willingly but they are also known to go and get stuff when I'm unaware of it! ;)
I always like it when I DO have everything they need for a project, though:
the other night my son needed some fine grit sandpaper and tools to fix some photography mats (for his photography elective in college) and I had some very cool, fine sandpaper blocks (made by "Lucky Squirrel" for sanding shrink plastic) that were perfect for the job. :cool: I always like it when they ask for something and I actually HAVE it "in stock" but I don't like it when I want to use something and it just isn't there anymore! :rolleyes:

The most favorite things "The Borrowers" in my house like to borrow are:

The Fiskars Guillotine Cutter (man, that thing needs sharpening now!)
Squishy Scissors
Sharpies
Marvy Markers
Glossy Cardstock/regular cardstock
Tape/Gluesticks/Adhesives

So, do you all have any issues with "the borrowers" in your house? ;)

Kathy N.
05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
For all you craft and mystery reader buffs, there is a new series of crafting mysteries coming out in January 2011. Lois Winston writes a good book and I can't wait for her new series to come out. I managed to get my hands on a flyer promoting a blog that will be coming out this month with craft projects, guest authors and giveaways. No stamps or stamping products are being sold so hopefully it's all right for me to post this.

DebRN
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes, Leslie. I was going to bed the other night and there on the living room floor sat my 19 yr old. He had my Carl paper cutter! :eek: Did he ask? NO! So, I politely said to him, "You have to ask to borrow my stamping stuff, remember?"
I also find that my double stick tape comes up missing and some of my stamping supply drawers miraculously open by themselves. :rolleyes:
I don't mind if they use some of my supplies, but they should ask. Isn't that just common courtesy? Anyways... kids! :)

Trudy, try to be patient and take your pain meds when it is time to take them. It will get better, but it will take time. We are all thinking of you.
Hugs, DebRN

Kathy N.
05-05-2010, 02:38 PM
You ladies have to do what I do. My stuff is so disorganized that I'm the only person who can find anything.

linda beyer
05-05-2010, 03:39 PM
i agree with kathy. the only thing different is that i can not find them for weeks. i am still finding paper in every box i open. i am try to get shelves in my up stairs closet so i can get the paper all in one or two boxes.

linda beyer
05-05-2010, 03:40 PM
thanks for the thumbs up about the books. i think they will be a good read.

winsrella
05-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Nope, no one uses my stuff. Its just Tigerella and me. I've never known cats to rubber stamp. If I could teach kitty the art of stamping, I'd have many more cards to send. That is, unless she sends them to all her friends. Ha!

JulieB.T.
05-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Sissors, colored pencils and markers! I have found them everywhere:)..........Hang in there Trudy!

photostamper2
05-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Our 4 yr old great grandson is the only one that gets into my stamping stuff. I made the mistake of letting him play with my supplies. Now everytime he comes over he wants to use my supplies.
I have a special basket of stamping stuff for him but he wants to play with my stuff.

JeanneLee
05-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Well, my DD just left to drive to KY with her best friend(who flew in from KY on Tuesday) and her grandparents. They will be there for a few weeks and she will be driving back.
Going to miss that girl!

Kathy, TFS about this new book coming out...my dear mom loves mysteries, I will probably get it for her when it comes out.
LOL...I am the only one who knows where my stuff is, too! The kids know to ask to *borrow or use* anything in the craft room and I show them where to return it to! :)

rocksgirl
05-06-2010, 07:17 AM
My biggest beef with Paul is that he steals my scissors!!! I can hide them and I swear he can smell them right out of hiding!!! He took my good pair of scissors and ruined them and had the nerve to give them back and say what they still work!!! Not on paper they don't!! We have so many scissors, but he has to take mine.. So, when I get my own stamping area again, I am getting a lock for my scissors!! lol, that will fix him.. :)

Eph429
05-07-2010, 05:37 AM
What a nice thing for the giver to give to the auction! Wouldn't you like to know there is another stamper around you.

This past Sunday, the youth of the church had an auction to raise funds for their mission thip this July. I usually do not bid on things, but give a donation. Well, this Sunday there was a large round basket that was filled with stamping things. I checked it out and I did not already have many of the things. So I made a bid and actually won it. Serendipity! It had quality card stock, papers, four stamp sets, a great pair of scissors, hand made cards by the donor. All in all, it was a great collection. I even put a towel into the lg. round basket as a bed in my stamping room for kitty. She has discovered it and is in it whenever I am stamping or am on the computer.

Ann

gingerbaby
05-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Well girls, I've gone back to my maiden name but I don't know where to go and how to change it . :eek: Please help.
hugs,
gingerbaby

was Brooke Bassett
now - Brooke Guadagno

stampingground
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Get things changed. Driver's License, SS card, Insurance, Credit cards, bank accounts are some of the things that are a must. Legally? Don't really know that. When you do the social security card, you will find out the particulars. I'd start there.

JulieB.T.
05-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi Brooke:) Well, I have always been Julie Brichetto-Thompson since I got married 22 years ago.I know you can start writing your name on anything with the new name, but for legal purposes, you will need to go to your banks, and any company with your name of it.Social Security will need you to fill out a name change paper. So, is Guadagno Italian or Hispanic? I think Italian:) Oh, I just saw Laela's message:)

gingerbaby
05-08-2010, 04:38 AM
It's Italian Julie. And I know I have a long road ahead of me to change all the important things. Ugh. I'm happy it's legalized finally but I dread having to change everything. :eek:
Hugs,
gingerbaby

gingerbaby
05-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Actually Laela. I went to LegalZoom.com and for a few bucks ( Like $50.00) which inclued the forms to start the procedure, they made up a whole packet for me. Now I just bring my court papers with me and I have the forms filled out already. Of course it still doesn't work for everything but it's a help.
I haven't used my given name for 42 years so this should prove interesting.
I just needed a new start.
Hugs,
Brooke G.

rocksgirl
05-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Brooke, Just take one day at a time and begin your new journey! Wishing you all the best... sending hugs your way...

DebRN
05-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Brooke, good luck with your new start. Remember, we are all here to support and help in any way we can. We are all Posh family! Hugs, DebRN

glittery night owl
05-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Brooke, yes we are here if you need us and best wishes as you start a brand new adventure in your life.
Remember, when God closes one door he always opens another one,
Trudy

cardmaker
05-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Brooke, my very best wishes to you on your new start!
Janet

gingerbaby
05-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Thank you everyone. It's always easier knowing that you have friends that you can talk to. :)
Hugs,
Brooke

stampingground
05-08-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm glad you found the LegalZoom.com. I've heard of it quite a bit. You just take things one at a time and it will get done. Don't stress over anything. My best wishes on your new adventure! You deserve the best!

glittery night owl
05-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Gosh since everyone reads this would you ladies do me a huge favor and post your thank you to the NEW Birthday Club and not the Birthday Club one. When it says NEW that is the thread we are using for the BD Club. I so appreciate your help in this :D

That way no one misses reading about you receiving their card. Thank you again
lacieluv ( Trudy)

stampingground
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I fixed it, Trudy. I closed the older thread so we won't be confused any more.

Happy Mother's day to all you Mothers! Hope you are having a great day today.

rocksgirl
05-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Happy Mother's day to all of you Mom's!! Happy Mother's Day to all of you that are a Mom figure to someone!! Enjoy your day Ladies!!!

Paul took me out to lunch and it was really nice, he usually doesn't do stuff like that..

linda beyer
05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
i am just doing nothing but play today. my son and his wife fixed us dinner along with crystals mom and dad. we had a nice time. that was saturday after he got done work and i got home from my stamping class.

sunday, my daughter is sick so we won't be seeing her today. we did talk on the phone. she could barely talk so it wasn't for long.

let me tell you about my class. it was over three hours. we moved six times and made 18 cards. some of them i had to bring home unfinished but will get them done soon. we learned how to brayer the backgrounds for the secnic cards. i got one finished and then messed it up when i stamped the words upside down. i will be able to salvage some of of it for a smaller card. then i will work on the others when i find my brayers. they were put away for safe keeping.
enough for now. you will be seeing some new cards in the future.

stampingground
05-09-2010, 12:56 PM
That sounds so neat, Linda. I have a scrapbooking crop once a month that I enjoy so much. I really love to craft with other people. It is so much fun seeing what they are making. I learn a lot from them.

glittery night owl
05-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Linda, that is so much fun.

We use to do that on Friday night at the Grapevine convention and in the last couple of years they have changed it. I still miss it.

Laela, do you get together with friends?? Micheal now has a monthly crop, I am looking forward to going one day, just for the fellwship and to make new friends :D

For Mother's Day Harold planted me 3 rose bushes and 6 shrubs for him. I like rose bushes because they bloom and bloom.
He cleaned off my patio, washed all the furniture and put down rug padding and a rub for my chair. It looks really homey.

He cleaned the house and took me out for Mexican food, my favorite, it felt so good to go somewhere :D
lacieluv

linda beyer
05-10-2010, 03:53 AM
that sounds great trudy. we did not cook on sunday. ordered pizza and that is fun once in awhile. now if i could hire a gardner. doug and i aren't too good at that.

ceramics
05-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Lacieluv - Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. What a great gift - planting flowers and scrubs that will give you continual beauty and pleasure. I love it. Linda and Sue sounds like you were also pampered yesterday. I had a wonderful day with my family. Received a much needed new oven, a few books (I love to read), and a portable fire pit. Can't wait for the oven - it comes today! I will love using both the fire pit and oven! Will keep you updated on what new recipes I will try!

I am having my monthly stamp class on Friday night and need to get the projects created today. It is my only day off this week as I am home waiting for my oven. Also have to run out this morning for a quick meeting with my daughters Guidance Counsler to talk about colleges!

Broken Heart Binder
05-10-2010, 04:24 AM
My little Lizzy (2 years Old) whose father was killed in Iraq) is a "critter person" just like her father. Last month she had a pet worm and then a pet snake. Fortunately, both werer returned to their natural environment. On Mother's Day Lizzy was able to catch a bullfrog, which she proudly presented to her mother for Mother's Day.

Erin and Lizzy now live in Michigan and their property has woods and slopes down to a pond. This provides a lot of territory for a little critter person to search out treasures.

Bonnie

linda beyer
05-10-2010, 04:31 AM
lizzy sounds like a beautiful little girl and i know she gives you great pleasure. you would never catch my kids catching snakes and frogs.

JeanneLee
05-10-2010, 05:08 AM
Happy Mother's Day(late...sorry!)! :)

Bonnie, so wonderful to see the outdoors through the eyes of a 2yo! So happy to hear you got to visit with her...must have been a blessing to have her there.

We had a busy day with church and then came home and the guys fixed me lunch! ;)
Had a wee nap, got up and made a bday card for a dear friend's 50th birthday party/Mothers day party yesterday evening. It was a beautifully cool day here in MD yesterday...enjoyed my day. Made phone calls to my mom and MIL and my DD called me from KY.(where she is visiting her best friend through this Sunday)

Just paid bills...(groan! :p ) and am catching up here, then I need to get laundry started. Started cleaning off my table yesterday...its a mess!
I need to get 25 photos picked our for DD's grad party, so need to do that today(due on Weds!). A dear friend is making a video presentation for all the grads with song mixed in.
The song we picked is "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris....you can search it on YouTube. Its beautiful!

glittery night owl
05-10-2010, 09:57 PM
My Mothers Day celebration continued today. The roses Harold planted started blooming and they are a bright red, WOOO_HOOOO and yahoooo :D

Then I received a card from both my sons and one had alrady mailed one I had received. He wanted me to have a card before Mothers day and one after Mothers Day.

They bought the cards :eek: :D
Trudy

blossom
05-11-2010, 02:09 AM
The holidays are still difficult for me. My husbands fever finally broke on saturday and he is feeling so much better. Just our luck as he was getting sick they recalled Tylenol and a few other drugs. I don't care what they say there is nothing like tylenol for fever and when you don't have it available you just pray extra hard and lots of cool cloths on his forehead and of course my giving him a tender kiss on the forehead every once in a while. Thanks to all of you you have kept us in your thoughts and prayers.....the flower child

PS now to find the can of Lysol

glittery night owl
05-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I did not know they recalled Tylenol :eek: when did this happen??
lacieluv

JulieB.T.
05-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Don't panic yet Trudy! They recalled CHILDREN'S Benadryl,Motrin,Tylenol,Tylenol Plus and Zyrtec. They said that the ingredients/amounts of weren't up to par with what they should be.I think all of the adult meds. are ok.

blossom
05-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Not in the drug stores here where I live they took them all off the shelves......the flower child

JulieB.T.
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Lois:) I haven't seen our shelves in the local stores yet, so maybe they have been removed here also.I guess I had better check! Thanks for the heads up!

blossom
05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I think they took them all off the shelves just to protect themselves. Your right Julie the recall was originally for the children's items you mentioned. Better safe than sorry. Thanks Julie................the flower child

glittery night owl
05-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Tomorrow is a big day for me as they should be taking out those stiches.
Harold says I am not going to be a happy camper when they start pulling them all out :eek:
I know it is going to hurt after being in for 4 weeks,
Trudy

stampingground
05-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Just think how wonderful it will feel after they are out!! I really dread the thought of stitches or staples. They just get so uncomfortable! I'm glad you are finally getting them out!

blossom
05-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Think positively Trudy...........the flower child

glittery night owl
05-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I am thinking postivetly, I am postive I am NOT going to like it :eek: but miracles do happen. The good news is the surgeon always gives me the sharp scissors when he is done and have another pair of scissors that are really sharp :eek: :D to use,

If it hurts I will know you are not praying hard enough for me tomorrow :eek: :D
Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey Trudy! Get a couple pieces of your favorite bubble gum and blow BIG bubbles when he is taking the stitches out!!

glittery night owl
05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I am just praying I do not have to pass gas :eek:
lacieluv

rocksgirl
05-12-2010, 07:25 PM
lol Trudy!! Keep the humor girlfriend and it will pull you through tomorrow! Just remember to relax and hopefully it will be as painless as possible!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Those of you that are having to endure these wonderful storms passing through, please stay safe and dry!! We have had a lot of high winds, and with all the trees it can be a little daunting! I know I am sure ready for some sunshine and warmer temperatures!!

glittery night owl
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Sue, have you gotten a house yet??
Trudy

JeanneLee
05-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Trudy, praying the stitches come out easily! The doctor gives you free scissors! NICE! :p

glittery night owl
05-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Please keep praying, the doctor pulls them out in an hour.

I am NOT a morning person, can not belive I am awake :eek: coffee will do wonders,
Trudy

glittery night owl
05-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Yahoooooo, the stiches are out and the prayers worked :D I only screamed once.

I still can not do anything for another 2 months and then take an x-ray to see how thee fussion is healing.

I know PATIENCE :eek: :D
Trudy ( lacieluv)

DebRN
05-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Congratulations, Trudy! One hurdle down, just take it day by day and step by step. I know that you did well getting your stitches out. Now, take it easy! DebRN

cardmaker
05-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Hurray, your stitiches are out, Trudy! :D Proud of you for only screaming once. :eek: LOL. Now don't overdo it!!!!
Janet

photostamper2
05-13-2010, 07:41 AM
So glad that part is over and now don't over do it. Take Care Trudy!

JulieB.T.
05-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah Trudy!! Brave girl:) Take 'er easy m'am!

loosluck
05-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Waiting is the hardest part but you have the gift of humor. Keep laughing at life and you will no longer have any pain. My prayers are with you. Glad you didn't need to resort to the gas.Mary

linda beyer
05-13-2010, 11:20 AM
if you all would like to send cards to the military i have a e-mail address for you.
operationwritehome.org then you can put a slash mailroom or hero blog. we know the military loves to receive cards to write home on. i will be doing this.

glittery night owl
05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Hopefully 2 months will pass quickly, at least i have the computer and all of you to talk to, yahooooooo.
Trudy

ceramics
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Trudy - Praying for your patience for the next two months. It will give you time to find lots of new ideas on the internet to try. Get a few good books and the time will just fly by. Try to look at it as some much needed quite time -Enjoy it.

stampingground
05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm so glad the stitches are out, Trudy. Just a week from today and I have my "grand opening"! I really dread the surgery, but I am looking forward to getting it done and over so that I can start healing. I'll be glad when it gets to be the day I can get MY stitches out!! I really am kinda nervous, so prayers are appreciated very much!

glittery night owl
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Laela, I am staying in prayer for you until your husbund phones me you are in your room. And then I will pray without ceasing.
" You are loved, my friend"
Trudy

Kathy N.
05-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Got an e-mail from www.plaidcraftexpress.com yesterday and they have wood mounted Posh stamps on sale. If you take a look, make sure you scroll through all the stamps because the Posh stamps aren't all together.

JeanneLee
05-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Yea, Trudy, so happy to hear those stitches came out and you only had to scream once! :p Patience is the key and do what your doctor tells you. :)

Kathy and all...if you typed in POSH stamps in the search bar..all the stamps come up..

glittery night owl
05-14-2010, 08:02 AM
I sold the cricut to a lady in town :D who has been coming in and out of my life for a year named Peggy. While I was talking to her I learned she is learning to make cards and invited her to join Posh.

She will be joining later today so please welcome her with open arms :D

It will be awsome to have someone i know in town to stamp with :D
Trudy (lacieluv)

rocksgirl
05-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Trudy.... The answer is No, we did not find a house yet!! We are discouraged, and have put it on hold... We are hoping that if we quit trying so hard to find a place, that we will stumble upon one... "wishful thinking" lol Well, atleast we are saving money, wish I could spend it on stamping stuff.. lol

Laela you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.... You will do just fine!

Trudy that is awesome, that you are going to have a buddy to stamp with!!! You know the club will welcome her with open arms!!

glittery night owl
05-14-2010, 07:34 PM
She has already signed up under scrapy, forgot the rest of her name :D
But her name is Peggy and wants to learn everything we can teach her.

She is just starting making cards and she saw my craftroom today :D

Where is the thread where she can introduce herself?? Please bring it back for her, I can not seem to find it, thank you
Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-14-2010, 07:35 PM
HI Trudy, I'm sooo happy for you that you will have a stamping buddy so close by!

glittery night owl
05-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I am really excited, she is really a sweet person. She bought the Cricut,
Trudy

rocksgirl
05-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Here is the thread Trudy... http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showthread.php?p=50408101#post50408101

glittery night owl
05-15-2010, 08:42 AM
she joined yesterday. Peggy please introduce yourself.
Trudy

DebRN
05-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Congratulations Trudy for your new stamping buddy, Peggy.
Peggy, we are glad to have you as a new member.
Laela, I am thinking of you and know that you will do well with your surgery.
Sue, you may just be onto something. When you aren't looking, that is when something truly wonderful just happens along. Here's to hurrying up that something wonderful for you!
Hugs, DebRN

kaybee
05-16-2010, 01:18 PM
I want tp thank everyone for all of their prayers, PM's, E-cards, e-mails and cards that I got during my convelesance. I got and adorable card with a ducky under a raincloud from Laela. I got many ecards and messages and I appreciate them very much. I think that the surgeon was pleased with my progress, but decided to wait till Thurs to take my stitches out as there was still a bit too much swellimg. This is the first time that I have attempted to spend this much time at the computer which I think I had better put an end to soon and get my foot back up on its pillow. Guess it's time to dig out another DVD. This time I think it will be Easter Parade. Can't beat Judy Garland. Well, bye for now. Kay

Kathy N.
05-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Today is the first day of that crafting, recipe, books, decorating and beauty tips blog. If you leave a comment, you can also win something. It looks like it will be interesting. www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com

JulieB.T.
05-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Thank you Kathy N. it looks like a fun site and I am always up for a good book. This will be my first craft/mystery book if I can find it around here.I may need to buy it from her.She sounds fun:) Neat art ideas also!

stampingground
05-17-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm so glad that you got through the surgery OK, Kay! Wishing you a very speedy and pain free recovery. Check in occasionally so we can know how you are doing!

Tomorrow will be my last day on Club Posh for a little while. My surgery is on Thursday, and I will be staying with my son for a few days after they let me out. So, until I get back home, I will rely on your prayers and be missing you all very much!! Trudy (lacieluv) will be posting how my surgery goes and how I'm doing. She also has my address if you want it.

Club Posh is a very important part of my life. I have devoted a lot of time helping keep it running smoothly. I've zapped a million spammers! (Maybe not quite that many). I have grown very fond of many of you and cherish the friendships we have made. Be sure and keep everything going good while I'm gone!!! If you need anything, Sue or Debbie will be here doing their best to keep CP the great place it is.

Love you all very much!

Kathy N.
05-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Good luck with your surgery Laela. I'm sure you'll do fine. How could you not with all of us Poshies praying for you?

sewphisticats
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Laela, I mentioned to my husband at dinner tonight that you were having your surgery this week,so we'll both be thinking of you. I know you'll do well, and we'll all look forward to hearing about your progress. We love you!

glittery night owl
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Tomorrow Laela starts on clear liquids so we need to start our prayer engines up for her.
Love you Laela,
Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi Laela:) You'll be in the BEST hands, not only with the surgeons but with God too! You'll be fine, so relax and enjoy the medication:)I remember talking to the surgeon and the nurse and the anesthesiolgist(sp) , finished what I had to say and then I woke up in my room! Great meds;)And, of COURSE, I will be thinking of you and sending prayers your way! Hugs, Julie

glittery night owl
05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
If anyone need Laelas addy please email me at home first please, if you do not have my home email please PM me.

As soon as her husband calls me on Thursday when she is out of surgery i will let you know right away.

All prayer warriers lets join hands, hearts and minds together, on our prayer mission. Thank you
Trudy (lacieluv)

Inkycat
05-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I am just catching up with the chat after having had company due to both sons graduating (woo-hoo! :D ) so I am so pleased to hear that you are recovering well, Kay, and that you bravely got your stitches out, Trudy! :) Laela, you are in my prayers as you are doing your pre-op stuff right now and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you have surgery! :)
Trudy, I thought that your post about how the surgeon gives you the scissors they use to take out your stitches so that you can take them home for crafting was hilarious. Now, that's a hard way to get some good scissors! LOL :p Laela, I guess you might consider asking for any scalpels or scissors to take home for your craft cabinet?!? ;)

kaybee
05-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Laela, You will be in my prayers. I will be praying that your surgury goes well and that you will recover swiftly. God is the great healer and I know from experience that he can be counted on. Kay

rocksgirl
05-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Laela you know we are all hear thinking of you, and keeping you in our prayers... You are going to do just fine! All my love, sending hugs your way...

stampingground
05-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks, everybody. I am drinking my clear liquids and getting ready for the long stay in the bathroom this evening. (gross).

I am so thankful for you all. I am very confident in God's ability to take care of things and I depend on Him entirely. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts! I'll miss you all but I'll be back soon! Love you all!!

JulieB.T.
05-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi all, I want to know why, oh why does my computer show large print when I have done nothing to my knowledge to make it that way? I happens once in awhile.Like right now!! It is ok, but I just would like to know what key I might have pushed to make it that way. Thanks so much! Julie

Inkycat
05-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi all, I want to know why, oh why does my computer show large print when I have done nothing to my knowledge to make it that way? I happens once in awhile.Like right now!! It is ok, but I just would like to know what key I might have pushed to make it that way. Thanks so much! Julie

You should be able to reduce the size of the print by pressing your "ctrl" (control key on lower left corner of keyboard) and simultaneously pressing the plus or minus key (between the zero and backspace keys at the top of the keyboard) but, if that doesn't work, I am sure that a private message to Supermatt would answer your question! He knows EVERYTHING in the computer universe! :D

JulieB.T.
05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Leslie:) Thanks so much! I will try it right now! It worked !!! Yippeeee!! Now, why couldn't my hubby tell me this??? ;) Gosh, maybe it is the one thing he doesn't know about computers! I will get to teach him something!

Inkycat
05-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Julie: I'm glad you aren't stuck with a gigantic font size now! :p It is always fun when we who are computer-challenged can actually show something to our dh's, huh. ;)

rocksgirl
05-19-2010, 08:18 AM
well now that was informative, I never knew that.. Thanks for the info... :)

I hope everyone is having a great day!! Happy Wednesday!!!

glittery night owl
05-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Yahoooooo, now I want to try that to :D

did not work for me :eek:
lacieluv

glittery night owl
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
The letters did not get larger but the WHOLE page did
lacieluv

glittery night owl
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I just talked to Laela and she is waiting for her final doctor's visit before surgery in the morning.
She has been to her classes also.
Please also pray for Phillip as he has been up all ight working and has not had any sleep. They had to travel to Whitcha Falls which is farther than dallas.

We prayed together and she is ready for surgery. I will be posting updated on the chat thread as well as the prayer request in the form of prayer,
Trudy

winsrella
05-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Thank you Inkycat!! I have always wanted to make the print larger. I never knew how. But after reading your info on how to make it smaller, I figured why wouldn't the plus work to make print larger? It worked. I'm thrilled. Now I will be able to use the computer longer without getting a headache. Thanks.

Ann

Inkycat
05-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Trudy: Thanks for keeping us updated about Laela's surgery tomorrow.
Ann: Glad that the font size adjustment is going to help you with your computer reading because headaches are...a real headache! ;) (Spoken by someone who is always armed with Sumatriptan!)

glittery night owl
05-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Laela is in surgery now and no phone call yet. I am going to the doctor myself today but have my cell phone in my pocket so I do not miss the call when it comes in
Trudy ( lacieluv)

JulieB.T.
05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Tell her drinking with a straw will help her get the water down since she has such an aversion to it. Can she drink 7up or sugar free drinks? Thanks so much for letting us know how she is doing Trudy!

rocksgirl
05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Trudy saw the update on the prayer/Rak thread... Thank you for keeping us posted.. She is going to have a rough road, but I am sure with all the prayers and good thoughts from all of us, she will hopefully find it less bumpy...

cardmaker
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Like Sue, I also read the update on Laela on the other thread. I'm glad her surgery is over with and I hope she has an easy recovery. I'm sure when she realizes how important it is for her to drink the water, she will do it. She is a very strong lady and this surgery means so much to her.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Trudy.

Janet

loosluck
05-20-2010, 03:15 PM
My prayers are with Laela. May God bless her surgery and make her recovery easy, if it is His will. Mary

glittery night owl
05-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Yahooooooo :D :D Harold took me out today and we went to Hobby Lobby.
They have their speciality paper on sale 2 for $1.00 That paper costs $1.99 a sheet regular price and the girls told me they were hoping I was coming in to get some. What a savings, and soooo much fun to go somewhere.
I am covered in glitter picking out my paper.
I got my Halloween paper, Autumn, Thanksgiving paper also. I have had request to make those types of cards for the next show. I even found some beautiful red with red glitter swirles for my Christmas cards. I want to put the sassy girls on those.
Tomorrow is the last lad of the sale and I can get 4 A2 fronts out of one sheet and with that sale it works out to 12 1/2 cents each. That is a winner in my book if I want to make any moneyoff my cards. That is how I get my supplies after a show I order more stuff, yahooooo
lacieluv (Trudy)

JulieB.T.
05-20-2010, 08:16 PM
That's not good when they know who your are Trudy;) The See's Candy ladies know who I am:) I've been a fan since I was 7 years old and got my First Easter basket with See's Candy! I was hooked:) Hope you have fun with your papers.

JulieB.T.
05-21-2010, 05:43 AM
Off to the local Farmer's Market. Love the herbs,fresh breads,vegies,olive oil,vinegars,cheeses and my favorite, the lavender stand that has THE most incredible lavender farm just outside of my town!! Did I tell you all that my son made all good grades(no Ds) so unless he flubs up the finals, he will be going to San Francisco State college.That is if he doesn't do any dumb boy things again, like hitting a sharp rock on his tailbone while swinging from a rope into the local reservoir:{ He's in alot of pain and will be sore for a long time.He's lucky it was his tailbone that got hit!!!

kaybee
05-21-2010, 05:58 AM
When I needed to drink lots of water after my stroke, I discovered Propel. It has a little flavor and also has electrolytes. You can buy it in bottle form or can get packets to put in the water. I liked the lemon the best. I couldn't have drank all of that water without it. Maybee that would be an option. Kay

JulieB.T.
05-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Well, the Farmer's Market is on Thursday and Saturday which I knew, but I forgot till I was halfway there!! So, I turned around and went to some yard sales, bought some old salt and pepper shakers and THEN went to the corner vegie stand and bought SWEET strawberries and huge cherries,baby zucchini,sugar snap peas and two bunches of Sweet Peas! I promise ,no more bit by bit news , but I did have that cup of coffee which always gets me going! Have a good weekend everyone:)

JulieB.T.
05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Well, that was quick! What kind of glue do you use to put onto your cards for the Flower Soft stuff? Thanks!

linda beyer
05-21-2010, 02:33 PM
any good craft glue will do. isn't flower soft fun. we used some in the class i took.

JulieB.T.
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks Linda:) I haven't purchased it yet, but plan to one day. I especially would like to add it to Dee's flower stamps. Maybe just for the center part.

glittery night owl
05-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I love playing with flower soft, it gives it a really nice touch.
Trudy

rocksgirl
05-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I have to share this with all of you, I am excited!!! No, we did not find a place yet.. But, this is just as good... lol.. Well, Paul might not agree.... But for the past year I have been looking for the scoring board that Martha Stewart makes and finally our Michael's had it in stock and I grabbed that baby right up!!! Now, i won't be using it anytime soon, because of course my stamping stuff is still in boxes, but I have my score board that I have been wanting!!! Thanks Jil for letting me know this is a great buy!!!

glittery night owl
05-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Did you use a 40% off coupon I hope Sue???

You are going to love it and yes you can use it now :D Go sit at the kitchen tabel with a piece of cardstock, yahooooooo, and you can rock n roll

What else have you been looking for???
Trudy

Inkycat
05-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I love playing with flower soft, it gives it a really nice touch.
Trudy
I had never heard of Flower Soft and just looked it up on google to see what it was. Is it available at Michael's? Is it kind of papery or is it like a fabric confetti or is it kind of rubbery? Or kind of like tiny petals or pollen?!? :p

glittery night owl
05-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Leslie, it is compacted in this jar :eek: and you take it out and use your fingers to get it loose. It is soft and it does not take much of it when you use it.
Bet the baby would love it :eek: :D
It is not rubber but thicker than pollen and the good news it does not make me sneeze.
I love all the colors they have with it to

I know someone else can do a better job of explaining it than I am ROFL
Trudy

linda beyer
05-22-2010, 10:29 AM
if you remember trichem and flocking, that is what it reminded me of. it is just loose fibers, cut very fine. makes the trees look like they are blooming and the flowers feel soft like the real ones. i am like trudy, maybe someone else can explain it better.

linda beyer
05-22-2010, 11:42 AM
i do think fiber soft is new. i think it is sold by the company that starts with a s and is based on home parties. i might think of there name later.

Inkycat
05-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the descriptions of the Flower Soft, Trudy and Linda! :)

Kathy N.
05-23-2010, 06:10 PM
In the immortal words of Lacieluv, YAHOO. I've been posting comments on www.anastasiapollack.blogspot.com and I won a book from last weeks guest author. I can't wait to read it.

rocksgirl
05-24-2010, 07:21 AM
kathy that is awesome... congrats!!

photostamper2
05-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Kathy, It was nice to read you won from a blog post! Congratulations!

photostamper2
05-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I have to share this with all of you, I am excited!!! No, we did not find a place yet.. But, this is just as good... lol.. Well, Paul might not agree.... But for the past year I have been looking for the scoring board that Martha Stewart makes and finally our Michael's had it in stock and I grabbed that baby right up!!! Now, i won't be using it anytime soon, because of course my stamping stuff is still in boxes, but I have my score board that I have been wanting!!! Thanks Jil for letting me know this is a great buy!!!
I like this score board because the scoring marks are close together. I got mine recently when I had a 1/2 coupon.

cardmaker
05-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Out of curiousity, how many of you stand up when you stamp? :confused: I can't seem to bring myself to try sitting down to stamp. :rolleyes:

Janet

DebRN
05-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Well, I stand most of the time to stamp the image too. I just feel like I can get a better crisper stamped image. So, yes, Janet, "My name is Debbie and I stand to stamp!" :p DebRN

loosluck
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Most of the time I stand too, you are right you do get a cleaner image when you stand, besides It's hard for me to get things centered. Mary

JulieB.T.
05-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I always sit.....hmmmmmmmmmmm??? Maybe the problem is I sit too much:)Always have, sat, too much:)Dang, I'm sitting right now!

cardmaker
05-24-2010, 08:24 PM
STAND UP, JULIE, AND BE COUNTED!!!!! :D LOL
Janet

blossom
05-25-2010, 01:29 AM
I do most of my crafting standing just not stamping. I always feel I have more control, the arthritis in my spine may not like it but I have to get things done. I think that if my crafting table was the right size I would sit more. I think, or at least in my opinion that I didn't investigate my table I just jumped right into crafting........the flower child

JulieB.T.
05-25-2010, 03:43 AM
Ok, everyone, while I am making the card I will sit, but when it is time to stamp, I will stand!! Happy?? I saw your response Janet and started laughing out loud! That was great for me, since I have been up since 3:00a.m. with a caffine headache.I needed a little breavity :)

Wendy
05-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Isn't crafting supposed to be relaxing? ... When I get crafting and all my supplies are strewn about ... I'm up and down, here and there, stretching and bending ... whew - am I getting it mixed up with some other activity????

JulieB.T.
05-25-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm still laughing Janet and my headache is almost gone:) We're just joking around Wendy;)

rocksgirl
05-25-2010, 07:56 AM
well I do both! It all depends how my back feels... I agree Wendy I have noticed the exercise when I am stamping!!! lol

sewphisticats
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I absolutely have to stand when I stamp. Unless I'm coloring an image, I usually stand to do everything else. I have a perfectly comfortable chair to use, but it doesn't get much use.

JulieB.T.
05-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Soooooooooo, have you all lost weight since you stand up and move around so much??:)

Diana Jones
05-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I sit, I stand, and I fall down! I have a rolling chair with 5 legs on the bottom for stability and I still manage to fall out of the thing when I lean forward too far when I drop something on the floor.

It may be because it is a rather large computer chair with the back taken off by my grand-daughter. When she didn't want it anymore I thought it would be perfect for under my craft table.

I had to give it a rest and get my kitchen stool to sit on before I really get hurt.

I think I stand so much because I'm short and don't feel like I can see well enough at the side angle. I also stand so I can get a better angle to stamp the image. If I were longer waisted maybe it would be different.

Those are my angles, how about you?

cardmaker
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
JulieB.T. -- you've got to be kidding!!!! :rolleyes: Lose weight????? What is that?? :confused: LOL. Wouldn't that be a great side effect of standing while stamping!! :D

Janet

cardmaker
05-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Good reasons, Diana. :) Whatever works is the way to go!

Janet

rocksgirl
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Well I would lose weight, but the chocolate that I have on the counter keeps that from happening!!! lol

Broken Heart Binder
05-26-2010, 02:28 AM
I am presently taking some formal training to be a "Peer Mentor" for others who have lost family members while their loved ones were serving in the military. Although the training is incredibly good and provides awesome insight into issues of grief and living out the journey, when I get through I have chose my two favorite "therapy tools." They will be chocolate and rubber stamping! :D :D

As far as I'm concerned my fellow "survivors" can eat chocolate or play with stamps, paper and inks either standing up or sitting down.

Works for me -- and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL :o :)

linda beyer
05-26-2010, 07:42 AM
i do both. if i have small stamps i sit. the larger one i stand. i can not push hard enough with my right arm. i did a lot of muscle damage when i fell and broke it a two years ago. guess i will have problems with it the rest of my life but at least i can still use it. that is my story and i am sticking to it.

JulieB.T.
05-26-2010, 07:45 AM
I think the only way I would lose weight is if I made TONS of cards and then I would not be going to the fridge!:)

linda beyer
05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
what is with the green words. if we have to click on them, it lead me to game vance.
just wondering i didn't have to click on them.

rocksgirl
05-26-2010, 08:07 AM
linda sounds like you have a virus... but not one that will hurt your computer, atleast I don't think... There are no green words on the site!!

linda beyer
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
thank you very much. we have had some poblems. my usual e-mail from ads had some green words. i will make sure i don't click on any of them.

glittery night owl
05-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Linda, do you have anyone you can phone and ask what to do???

How about posting that question on Super Matt's thread. I sure would like to know in case it ever happens to me :eek: :D
Trudy

linda beyer
05-26-2010, 05:12 PM
might give him a try. but it is not club poshs problem. it is ours.

vangerhofer
05-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi, Just got caught up on the chat. Nice idea! Linda if you have an anti-virus program, do a scan and maybe the program will correct it for you. If you don't have an anti-virus program, I suggest you get one as it is an important thing these days with so much viscious emails and ways to get a virus into your system. I wouldn't be without one. And I never click on any pop ups when you are surfing..cuz they are lots of times a virus..even those that tell you that you have a virus and to click here to get it corrected. Instead go to your anti-virus program and do the scan to see if it is a legitimate warning or just a way to get a virus into your system. They can be pretty sneaky at times. Hugs, Verna

linda beyer
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
thanks verna. that we do have.

DebRN
05-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Great advice from everyone about computer viruses. Gees, why can't things be simple? :rolleyes:
As far as losing weight due to standing while stamping? Not in my lifetime. :p
I have a little plaque that a friend gave me for my birthday one year. It says, "Everytime I think about dieting, I wash my mouth out with chocolate" :p Now, there is a nice thought, right? :D DebRN

vangerhofer
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, I think if it were just me to think about, I might lose weight by stamping. I sometimes tend to get so involved that I forget to fix a lunch for myself when the hubby is off fishing or working. But when he is around, I have to be right on time for his meals no matter. So guess it is his fault I am so fat. ;) No, not really..I am the one shoveling it in.

And, I am also one who stands up to put extra push onto my stamps. If I don't, especially with a large image, I don't get a nice crisp impression. I think as I age, I have gotten weaker and am no longer fit to be called a "powerful Katrina" like my Mom used to refer to me when I was called on to do the heavy lifting etc. ;) Now I am just a "whimp" again. Too many years away from lugging the milk buckets and hay bales around I guess.
Hugs, Verna

JulieB.T.
05-27-2010, 03:15 PM
That's a good one Deb!!LOL

glittery night owl
05-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Ohhhh Deb, I love that one, yahooooo
lacieluv

cardmaker
05-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Deb -- I just LOVE that saying!!!! :D It would fit me perfectly cuz I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Janet

vangerhofer
05-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Well, I love chocolate too and always stock up after the holidays to get the reduced stuff. That way I have more money to buy stamps and such!

stampwilly
05-28-2010, 06:23 AM
I love chocolate too, especially dark chocolate! I am also a stand up stamper! Have to to get a good image.

Stampwilly

glittery night owl
05-28-2010, 09:03 AM
I got up in the middle of the night and had one of those ind choclate puddings.
Even in the middle of the night it is refreshing. I took a sleeping pill to. The warning on it say some people sleep walk ROFL YEA right to the refergater,yahooooooooooooooo
lacieluv

photostamper2
05-28-2010, 09:31 AM
I wish I could eat some Chocolate! I'm allergic to it along with many other foods.
It's hard to go out to eat when everything has cheese, milk, sour cream, eggs in it.

vangerhofer
05-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh, Judy! I feel so bad and here we are tempting you with all this talk of those forbidden foods for you. I have a son in law who is allergic to chocolate and also a friend. But they can eat the white chocolate..is that an option for you then I recommend some of the white chips instead of the dark ones. It must be tough to find foods without those staples in them. They are used in so many of them these days as an ingredient. Take care now and find something you can indulge in. Hugs, Verna

photostamper2
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
That is Ok, I've been allergic to the good stuff most of my life. I can't eat white chocolate either. Did you know that they dip fresh fruit and vegetables in whey. I'm highly allergic to anything with whey in it, or on it.

vangerhofer
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Nope! I had no idea they did that, so I guess an alternative is to buy from the farmer's markets or grow your own. I suppose it is used to help preserve the things. Is there a health food store around that can supply your needs? We have a small one here, and I think they substitute Carob for some chocolate free type dieters. So is that another option? I feel so bad for you though..and so grateful I am blessed with nothing that drastic for allergies. Can you have soy milk products? Well, thank goodness you are not allergic to rubber stamps. Hugs, Verna

photostamper2
05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I make my own soy milk with my soy machine, and make fruit smoothie my family loves with frozen fruit, soy milk, ice and honey. I make it in my Vita-Mix machine. I use canned and frozen fruit and veggies or buy fresh when I can. Soon I'll have fresh tomatoes from my own plants.
Yes, it's a good thing I'm not allergic rubber stamps.

vangerhofer
05-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for those blessings then about not being allergic to stamps.

I feel kind of bad as I sent a birthday card out to a member who passed away last July. Her husband responded to it. Is there a way to remove her name from the roster so I don't do that mistake again. Anyone know how to go about that? Her name is Patd and she was Pat Dodds. I knew she had died, but did not recognize the club handle today. Any suggestions? Hugs, Verna

glittery night owl
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Verna, that is not silverfeather is it???
Trudy

vangerhofer
05-28-2010, 02:28 PM
No, that is not her. She is still alive as I communicate with Jeri quite often. This was a member from years back who I became acquainted with after sending a birthday card. Wonderful lady, too. Hugs, Verna

Eph429
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a vitamix machine, too. They are work-horses and last a long time.I make my own soy milk with my soy machine, and make fruit smoothie my family loves with frozen fruit, soy milk, ice and honey. I make it in my Vita-Mix machine. I use canned and frozen fruit and veggies or buy fresh when I can. Soon I'll have fresh tomatoes from my own plants.
Yes, it's a good thing I'm not allergic rubber stamps.

Eph429
05-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I like stand up stamping, too. That's why I was always attracted to drafting tables.I love chocolate too, especially dark chocolate! I am also a stand up stamper! Have to to get a good image.

Stampwilly

glittery night owl
05-28-2010, 05:51 PM
You you can stand up and stamp I say " Go for it :D "
lacieluv

glittery night owl
05-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Has anyone gotten any new pets lately??

Harold refuses to let me have a 4th dog :( but he sure loves the way they love him. I must say the bed is getting really smaller with each pet we get,

Does anyone besides DebRN voluntreer at the Humanine society?? What a way to give and to receive back at the same time.

Here once a year for a large donation you can have your pets picture on their monthly calander that is also for sale.

They also sponser santa clause if you want to have your pets picture taken with him.
lacieluv

winsrella
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
I stand to stamp when I use large stamps and need to get good leverage. When using smaller stamps, I do not stand. I stand at the kitchen table rather than the kitchen counters, as they are lower and I get a better impression. I volunteered at PAWS for several years. I no longer do it, since I am not able. I worked with the cats, socializing, cleaning, scooping litter boxes and changing the litter, filling water and food bowls, etc. Being a true kittyophile (I made up that word) I loved volunteering there. Playing with sweet little kitties makes any day go better.

Ann

Kathy N.
05-28-2010, 07:36 PM
I could never work at a shelter. I'd be taking all the animals home. The two I have now is because nobody wanted them. My son found my cat on the street in front of his apartment. He asked me to keep her for the weekend while he put up posters to find her owner. That was seven years ago. My chinchilla belonged to a co-worker's sister. When she passed away nobody in the family wanted Tink so I took her. Now you would have to kill me to get either of them away from me. I love my furry babies.

glittery night owl
05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Do you give them gifts on holidays?? We do
Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
We give Mollie our yellow Lab Christmas presents.ANd, we give the neighbors pets a gift too:)