PDA

View Full Version : How is your day going?

glittery night owl
04-11-2011, 11:06 AM
My day has been hectic. Lacie just got out of surgery and is in recovery now. Her ACL in her right knee was 40% torn and they are using laser treatments on her back for her bulding disk.

Now the long road to recovery begins. We have a baby bed set up so we can see her at night, she has to be carried out to do her bussiness

Anyone who has pets know how much of our family they are

Trudy

I am pretty excited Lacie is coming home today:D

What is everyone doing today?? Lets chat,

Trudy

I went to Zumba class this moring and shook my booty. The morning has been good but now I have to go to work. Boo, hiss. When I get back home it will be better again. Hope the rain holds off until I'm home for good.

How was your Zumba class???

Today is beautiful, nice and cool. We brought Lacie home last night and ahe is bandaged from her waist down as well as her right foot. Her tail wagged 90 miles an hour when she saw us,

Trudy

My Zumba class is always good. We have so much fun. Half of us can't even follow the steps, but as long and you keep shaking everying, it's all good.

Think I'm going to drag out my Big Shot and do some die cutting today.

Now that sounds like fun

What is everyone else doing????? Please join in and tell us about your day, good, bad, or ugly we do care......

Trudy

glittery night owl
04-21-2011, 07:44 PM
How come no one is talking to me about their day:confused:

My day was good and I have almost finished my 600 page book.

It has been a long time since I have had a book that large but I must

admit it is really a good one.

Lacie is healing slowly and that is a real blessing.

Come on gals and guys this is a place to tell us what you did today

thank you so much,

Trudy

JulieB.T.
04-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Hey Trudy! I have been busy doing laundry and dishes and trying to figure out where to put all of my Tupperware that I took out of the cabinets a few days ago.I got rid of the non-Tupperware plastic.No need to keep it.I had wayyyy too much! Feels good to get rid of it(Community Sharing). Got up this morning at about 3:45 coughing:{ I'm getting tired of this! I just hate to go to my doctor.Maybe I have allergies now??.I feel like I am breathing a little bit of water all of the time.Picking up my son from college this afternoon at the BART station.(Bay Area Rapid Transit)about an hour away.It will be good to see him again:)Then we will take him back on Sunday after Easter dinner.I made some salsa about 30 minutes ago.I used a can of chopped tomatoes and some dehydrated salsa mix.Pretty good for not homemade! My son loves salsa! Oh, and I just had a cup of strong coffee , hence the jibber jash! I can't believe you did a Zumba class! Isn't that kind of risky with your back and leg problems or can you go slower than the rest? Later alligator!

Kathy N.
04-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I tried to fix Trudy's previous message but can't. Everybody please take note that one of my posts got mixed in with Trudy's posts so it looks like she went to Zumba class. Trudy DID NOT go to Zumba class, I did. I'm the booty shaker not Trudy.

Diana Jones
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
That is so funny Kathy N. I was having trouble visualizing Trudy doing what I thought Zumba was.

I just saw this today, my days are mostly the same. Work from 4am to 7:45am work from 9:45 to 11:30am switch vehicles and work 11:30am to 2:45 or up to 4:30m, drive 9 miles home, call a friend, eat, go to bed wake up at 3am and do it all over again.

Hardly any time for fun, life is a bit boring right now; hoping for a more relaxed schedule soon as they've hired someone who can do the 9:45 to 11:30 Senior Meal deliveries that I've been helping out with since they were short a driver.

I will need to find an hour to an hour and a half worth of work to do to get my 8 hours anyway but I can usually fit it where it works best. I may even be given a smaller route to help with the Senior Meals that will help us both out.

In my head I have so much that I'd like to do but when I get into my craft room/garage all I seem to want to do it re-organize the thing. I think I'm frustrated so I take it out on the garage bigtime! The trouble is I pay physically for all the lifting for the next week or two. I was limping bigtime 2 weeks ago and couldn't find my cane. Wouldn't you know I found it after I felt better. :)

Trudy, glad your baby is doing well after surgery and you too. Take good care of yourselves.

JulieB.T.
04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
That IS FUNNY KathyN!! I wondered how she could do a Zumba class with all of her problems, but hey, you know Trudy!! I could see her out there giving it a shot, or a kick I should say!! :) Happy to hear you weren't taking the class Trudy!

glittery night owl
04-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, me to:eek::D I have a big booty but I have no intention of shaking it.

That was just to funny,

Trudy

DebRN
04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Good for you, Kathy, taking that Zumba class. Maybe I should see if they have those around where I live. I have to shake some of this weight off!:p

Julie, I hope you get to feeling better. I was sick twice in 3 months and I know how tired you can get from being sick and tired! :mad: Have a great visit with your son. My oldest son turned 20 on Thursday. I can't believe it. The older my kids get, the younger I get! Don't you love how that works?;)

Trudy, hope your baby is on the mend. And, no Zumba for yomba!

I am at work now and it is 3:30 and I am ready to go home! It has rained all day and is cold. When will warm weather come?

Well, Happy Easter to everyone, DebRN

Kathy N.
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
No weight has shook loose yet but I am having a good time.

Today I did more cleaning in the basement. Ripped up some carpeting and then Frank cut it up and hauled it out. Two boxes of fabric had to be thrown out.

Frank picked my daughter up at the airport this afternoon and we just got back from dinner at Applebee's. I had the asiago steak and shrimp with a perfect margharita and a chocolate mousse shooter for dessert. Yum.

glittery night owl
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
That sounds yummy,

I am enjoying the walls that have come down BUT not the dust,

Trudy

JulieB.T.
04-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Yum, yum, yum!!!

glittery night owl
04-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Harold is cooking and moving things around getting ready for the contracters to return tomorrow:D

Trudy

Kathy N.
04-24-2011, 03:10 PM
My day has been a roller coaster ride with ups and downs. It started up with Easter Mass at St. John's. They sang my favorite song, Lord of the Dance, during Communion. I love that song. Then I got a little down when I found another cardboard box of stuff in the basement that had to be thrown out. Things picked up when Frank decided he didn't want the chicken I was making for dinner and took us out to eat. I still had chicken but I didn't have to cook it or wash the dishes after. Unfortunately it rained while we were out and I had laundry on the line. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

JulieB.T.
04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Well, we took out son and his g.friend(she's on vacation and wanted to visit him in s.F.)back to catch the BART (train) to S.F. He called us at 10pm to say he was home and that he got ROBBED at the train station.The man told him he had a gun and wanted money and the IPHONE.Of course, my son said NO, that he was a college student and needed the IPHONE, but that he would give him some money that he had.THe guy agreed, but first my son told him to give him his IPHONE.After, the man did, my son threw the money on the ground and the man took it and ran off!!!!! My son was ok,( his g.friend and everyone else did not know because they were now behind a large pole out of site of the camera-this guy has done this before!!) but was shook up and worried that he gave the man my 50$ I had just give him!!! I want my son home!!I am SOOO thankful he was not hurt or killed. Easter dinner was very nice with my family:)

glittery night owl
04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
OHHHHH my goodness, thank God they are alright.

Julie, I can understand you wanting your son home,

seems some things in the world are getting worse,

Trudy

vangerhofer
04-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Just read this thread and I find it hilarious the way the two messages got combined. I am glad we can get a few chuckles now and then from life.

vangerhofer
04-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Glad to see your son was okay. We always worry about our kids until we hear they have made it back safely.

Daniel
04-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Day going? Back to normal--mom & I are pressing one another's buttons...

vangerhofer
04-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I did my first stamping since my stroke and it so good to see I can still do it. I was a little worried but I think it will still pass muster. So that is a good feeling. Other than that, I am a tad tired from the wonderful weekend with family. So today it is a lazy day for me to do a few things and rest up. Take care all.

Kathy N.
04-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Went to the Book Trader today and swapped some paperbacks. The books they didn't want I dropped off at the public library for the book sales.

I have two swaps that have to get done and out by Friday so I should work on them and I'm still throwing out wet stuff from the basement. While moving the good dry stuff on top to get at the wet stuff on the bottom I came across two educational stamp sets that I had bought who knows when. One is castle life and comes with a bunch architecture stamps to build a castle plus horses and knights and serfs and livestock and the other is ancient Egypt and comes with block stamps to build a pyramid plus Egyptians, livestock, palms etc. These might be fun to play with. Can't wait to see what other good stuff I forgot I had. :)

vangerhofer
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
KathyN, sounds like you found a good scene making set there. Have fun and hope you get to dry ground soon. That is tough having so much get wet.

JulieB.T.
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Trudy and Verna. I'm going to make myself some coffee and read a good book.I'm wiped out.Something else happened with him, but he is ok. Maybe one day I will tell you all!! :) So happy to hear you can stamp again Verna!! Trudy, I hear the fires are STILL going on in Texas!! Thank God it is a huge state! Time for a walk in the park Daniel:) Maybe you can take your mom for a drive to look at pretty scenery along with some nice music to listen to? Hugs,Julie

glittery night owl
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
The first part of the contracters finished up today :D now I am

waiting for the tape n float guy and finally the carpet guy to fix

what they messed up :eek:

Trudy

JulieB.T.
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah Trudy!! You'll have to send a picture when they are all done!

glittery night owl
04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Today is so beautiful, it is only in the 80's but tomorrow back

up in the 90's

trudy

glittery night owl
04-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Julie, i will, there is soooooo much more room now,

Trudy

vangerhofer
04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
I started the day out with a fasting blood draw and then came home to have a late breakfast. Since that time I have been just on the computer exploring mainly and trying to get my CP tools to work. LOL

Kathy N.
04-26-2011, 02:40 PM
It's in the 80's to day and it's too hot too soon. Back to school for me. Boo. Hiss. I tried to work on three swaps I have due the end of this week. Maybe if I don't sleep, I'll get them done.

glittery night owl
04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
The carpet guy came today, one down and one last one to come,

I am hoping it is tomorrow,

Trudy

glittery night owl
04-27-2011, 09:31 AM
The fires are still bad around here still and the hugh winds blew smoke and

ash here. I am praying they will get these fires under cintrol,

Trudy

glittery night owl
05-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Today is Mothers Day and Harold is taking me to the craftshow

and that will be alot of fun. Then he will BBQ dinner and we

will watch Amazing Race and the tail end of Apprentice,

Trudy

Daniel
05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
'Cept for the tv stuff, Trudy, sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Kathy N.
05-08-2011, 03:05 PM
My day was spent doing laundry and vacuuming. I did skype with Jen in England and while I was on the computer with her, my son called on the phone. Frank took me out for dinner and now I'm too stuffed to do anything but sit and the computer. I bought home enough left over food and cake to have dinner tomorrow too. Also had a mimosa which has made me very sleepy.