PDA

View Full Version : What are your easter plans???

glittery night owl
04-13-2011, 06:45 PM
What are everyones Easter Plans???

Are you going out to eat or are you cooking dinner?? Are you dressing up or are you going to be casual???

Have you sent out your Easter Cards??? Do you make Easter cards????

Lets chat, thank you,

Trudy

stampingground
04-14-2011, 07:29 AM
I've made one Easter card that I think turned out well. I need to make more. I have a MR fellow in Sunday School and we make cards every Sunday. This next Sunday we are going to make Easter cards. It seems to be quite enjoyable for him. He's done some pretty neat cards.

Kathy N.
04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I made one Easter card and that was because I need a sample for a Posh class on faux stitching.

glittery night owl
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
BTW Kathy that was a really good class to,

Trudy

Daniel
04-15-2011, 07:33 AM
No big plans for Easter here... With mom not as spry (she's not even baking bread this year) our celebration will be low-key.

That said, we'll still have a good meal--baked ham & the trimmings. I'll do most of the oven work, but mom's been up to doing some of the prep lately--very pleased about that.

Clothes? Guess we'll wear some. Underwear, at least...:rolleyes:

Easter cards? Actually did one for a swap (elsewhere). Easter wasn't the requirement, but it worked. Sorry--no Posh or Judikins stamps were used. 'Sides I don't have a scan of it on my puter so I can't share anyhoo.:)

Hope all the Poshies have a Happy Easter, tho'!:)

cobismom2
04-15-2011, 07:40 AM
For the first time in 33 years, we will be totally alone. Scary! Dh doesn't work the store is closed. So I think we'll have an easy dinner, and then go to a movie. I hope that there is something really good on, as we don't go to movies much. Sons are going to be either with gf's or fiance's families so, it's us, the dogs and the bunnies!

Kathy N.
04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I like holidays home alone with just me and hubby. You don't have to get dressed up and you can eat what you want on paper plates in front of the TV.

winsrella
04-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm going to my brother's and wife's B&B in Kentucky. It is an 1855 white pillared two story home that they have restored. We'll go to a little country Methodist church, them come back, eat dinner, and then have the annual croquet match, assuming it won't be raining. That's about it. Looking forward to it. There will be about 12 family members, one a two month old baby. We are all excited about meeting him.

JulieB.T.
04-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Let's see, we will be with my mother,sister and her family and us so that will be 6. I will try to get some Easter cards made! I do believe that we will go to the sunrise service at 6am at our Catholic Church.In many years past, we have gone to a sunrise service in the foothills looking towards the mountains when the sun comes up.It is always a special service.We decorate the huge cross that is on my friends property with all of the Spring flowers.

yankee
04-16-2011, 07:33 AM
I am having the family for Easter, five kids, and mates, and all of the grandkids 14 of them, except one who is in the service. I should be cleaning right now, my youngest daughter and three kids arrive tue this week for extra visit. I will be cooking, hopefully someone will help.

stampwilly
04-16-2011, 09:36 AM
I will be sending 4 easter cards. I have made many to sell at the candy store where my son works and in another state where my sister-in-law lives. I will go to church on Sunday, have a small meal and travel to Gatlinburg, Tenn. where my aunt has a timeshare that week. We will stamp, shop and see a show!

Stampwilly

www.stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com

Kathy N.
04-16-2011, 09:43 AM
April, stamping, shopping and seeing a show sounds like a great way to spend Easter. Except for church in the morning, I won't be going anywhere.

loosluck
04-16-2011, 01:45 PM
We will have a very quiet Easter Sunday this year, Sunrise Service, Sunday school and home to eat a small meal. Just the 3 of us, My daughter Faith, her husband Pete and me. Of course the 3 cats will keep us company. Happy Easter all you great Poshies! Hugs, Mary

glittery night owl
04-17-2011, 10:06 AM
We can not leave lacie alone so we will be home sending up prayers from here.

We love eating off trays so Harold will grill, yummy

Trudy

glittery night owl
04-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Alot of peoples Easter plans here will change if they planned to go to the park to cook out

The only burning allowed in this town right now is butane tanks so no grilling with charcoal. It is to keep everyone safe. Area is way to dry,

Trudy

glittery night owl
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Got the turkey breast out of the freeze to unthaw and be ready for Sunday

Since the oven will be on I want baked potatoes with the works and some

jelled cranberry sauce. Better eat a vegetable so I will be healthy but now

desert, yummmmmm, hope Harold brings some home,

Trudy

DebRN
04-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Oh, well, it depends on the weather. If it is raining and gloomy, then a roast chicken with all the fixings, like you, Trudy. If it is sunny and nice out, then maybe some steaks on the grill. We aren't all that traditional when it comes to Easter. DebRN