PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day

glittery night owl
04-21-2011, 07:41 PM
WOW it is so hard to believe that Mothers Day is right around the corner.

I thought insted of asking you about cards I would ask you what mothers

Day means to you, being a mother and having a mother. Or if your mother

is in heaven talk about your feelings. Lets all talk and share our special

feelings with one another, thank you,

Trudy

winsrella
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
My mother has been in heaven since Feb '08. I was very blessed to have had her for 95 years (Dad too.) She was a positive person who was very talented and creative in many areas. Especially in creative writing and drama. She was in many of the local theater productions. She was a good cook, kept a clean house, sewed many of my clothes when I was a kid. Reared 3 kids, and too many things to count. My brothers and I were blessed to have the mother (and dad) that we did. I still miss her, but know she's in a better place and I look forward to seeing her (and Dad) again in Heaven.

JulieB.T.
04-22-2011, 05:21 AM
My mom is still here with us and I am so grateful!!! She will be 85 in November and still going strong! She acts like she is a young 70!! She had seven kids and two husbands(both have died-long story short,she married my dad they had four kids -I was #4 and then he died of lung cancer when I was 1.Then three years later she married his brother and they had three kids.He died 20 years ago.He was really my dad, the only one I ever knew.)a farmer/ranchers wife, did all of the books for the family business and is healthier than my sister or myself!! She never has given up on anything and that has helped my in my life!I don't know how she did it!

Kathy N.
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Both my mom and mother-in-law are gone and my kids of 2,000 miles away in opposite directions so it will be just me and Frank. He'll take me out to dinner the day before because we don't want to fight the crowds on Mother's Day. Nobody bothers to send me a card.

JulieB.T.
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Don't feel bad.I'm sure Eric doesn't even realize that is is Mother's Day on Easter this year! I need to make my mom a card too! Oops, I goofed!! Mother's day is on my son's birthday on May 8th!

glittery night owl
04-22-2011, 05:01 PM
I think my youngest may come to see me, not sure though,

Trudy

DebRN
04-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Welll, I still have all 3 kids at home and they are trapped!:p We will have a nice dinner at home and hopefully plant some new flowers, etc in the yard and on the front porch and back deck. That is, if it ever gets above 43!:eek:
My mom and my husband's mom are still with us and we will send them a card. I am just going to enjoy all three kids being home with me, since they are 20, 18, and 12. DebRN

Diana Jones
04-23-2011, 03:21 AM
My Mom is still living in Sacramento where I was raised. She is in her mid 70's and she is a walking miracle. Her main problems now are diabetes and blood pressure that is out of control.

Almost lost her several years ago when a large blood clot when THRU her heart and lodged in her lung. The lung partially died due to the blood flow blockage but she just kept on ticking! Her doctor was amazed and still is when he realized what had happened!!!

She and my nephew who lives with her will be here for Easter dinner. I am going to take this Easter visit as an opportunity to turn the conversatrion to spiritual matters. Time may be short, who knows, and when she is gone I want the assurance that she is with Jesus because she walked with him in this life. :)

It has been too long since we've been together because my vehicle is unreliable. I am going to try going to Sacramento to take her to dinner around Mother's Day maybe not exactly on because the crowds make her sometimes late in eatting and that bothers the diabetes.

There is so much about my Mom that makes her amazing. She never worked outside the home so she was always there for us four kids. Our house was the place other kids liked to come to because they loved her too!

It is wonderful that God chooses which set of parents to place each child with and I am thankful because it made me into the person I am, though a work in progress, I am blessed.

I have very little time and it will take me from now until Mother's Day to make her a card but she will get one made with all my Love. It will never be good enough but she will have a little something to put on the coffee table at home.

loosluck
04-23-2011, 07:25 AM
My mom has been gone for many years. She was my best friend. Being a mother of 3 girls has always been a blessing to me. We have shared many happy times as well as sad times. This year will be one of the sad years due to the loss of my daughter. My other daughter Faith will keep me company and try to give me things to do so as not to think too hard, we live together with my Son-in-law Pete. My other faith(christianity) will keep me safe and know that June is happy and well with the Lord. Mary

lorena7072
04-23-2011, 03:33 PM
I am very lucky to say that my mom is my best friend! I am an only child so we were all we had until I became a mother myself. I was blessed with 3 boys. One in heaven that would be 16 today, an 11 year old going on 30 and my smallest is 9. We live 5 minutes away from each other which is great because I get to have alone time with my husband every other weekend (she takes the kids). Whenever she needs anything, I am right there for her and vise versa. I do not want to think about how it will be when she is gone, but I try to enjoy her company as much as I can. We will most likely go out to eat for Mothers Day to our favorite Restaurant, The Olive Garden. Happy Mother's Day to all in advance! Lorena

glittery night owl
04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I miss my Godmother alot, she is in heaven,

Trudy

cobismom2
04-24-2011, 10:15 AM
When I was young, many years ago, all I wanted to be was a mother, a wife and a teacher. Being one of the blest ones, I got to do all three. I love being a mother...most of the time...having two grown sons, I think we did our best, and they have proven to us to be very fine young men. Today, though, our first holiday without either of them was a little sad. It was looking at my dh and wondering what to do....strange huh? We asked each other what we thought this one was doing, how about the other, if we'd call of it they'd call...who knows. My mother passed away on Jan 6, 2006 of lung cancer. She made me promise not to make the trip to see her in the winter, but to remember he as I had last seen her. Now that I look back on that promise, I could kick myself....but that is the way it was and is. I miss her more now than I have before because I think my oldest is getting married and none of my folks will be here for the wedding. None of them will be here when the first baby comes. How very sad.
But I do talk to her daily, and I still think I should call and get her recipe for this or that. So if you still have a mom with you, treasure the time, if not, talk to them anyway, it will ease your heart.

glittery night owl
04-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree you can talk to your mom either here on earth or

if she is in heaven. I belive she can hear us

Trudy

vangerhofer
04-26-2011, 08:33 AM
My mother is in Heaven and there are many times when I still wish I could ask her advice about problems I encounter when dealing with my own children. But she was an excellent mother and I hope I can emulate even a bit of her expertise. Those who still have them cherish your Moms while you can. Now I have mothers to my grandchildren who I try to remember each year at Mother's Day.

cardmaker
04-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Like Verna's, my mother is in Heaven too. She was not only my mother, but my best friend, and I miss her terribly. However, I'm still a mother myself to two children, and although there've been trials and tribulations, and some tragedy, I'm blessed to have them and am now doubly blessed by having an almost-five-year-old grandson. My daughter's family and us get together usually for dinner on Mother's Day and have a nice time, but in the back of my mind, I'm always wishing my mom (and dad) could be there to see their great-grandson.

Janet

vangerhofer
04-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I believe my parents do know they have great grandchildren and perhaps are their guardian angels. I have four grandsons and they are all so precious and I know my parents would have loved them all dearly too.

glittery night owl
05-02-2011, 06:31 AM
How is everyone celebrating Mothers Day?

Trudy

vangerhofer
05-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Trudy, I haven't a clue...not sure if anyone is coming or not. Perhaps since all were here at Easter they will just phone or mail a card this time. That's okay too, and maybe hubby will take me out for a meal. I always like that option.

glittery night owl
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I told Harold I would like to have a huge pan of bread pudding for Mothers

Day would even share it with the girls. We have a resteraunt that makes

it so good

Trudy

loosluck
05-03-2011, 04:13 AM
We are having a very small gathering, just the 3 of us. My daughter Faith (we live together) and her husband Pete and me. We will probably plant some flowers in pots on the patio and get ready for the summer which comes quick here in Sumter. No big dinner planned. Maybe macaroni and cheese and hamburgers.

Diana Jones
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
I am going to spend the day before Mother's Day with my Mom in Sacramento which is a couple hours away from me. I hope my van holds up. I will take her our to dinner the day before hoping it won't be as busy because she has diabetes and has to eat when she needs to and long lines put a crimp in her schedule.

I'll be home for mother's day but don't have a clue as to weather I will be in for a special treat or not. They forgot my birthday (May 1st) and apologized the evening of as they thought it was still April. I was promised something on the 2nd but it didn't materialize. Things are crazy here as we have a very pregnant grand-daughter due to deliver anytime between now and mid May but probably by Mother's Day. She is staying here so we can take her to the hospital.

glittery night owl
05-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Diana I am happy you still have a mom here on earth to celebrate with,

Trudy

glittery night owl
05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
WOW time sure flys, Mothers Day is only a couple of days away

Harold is bringing home my bread pudding on Saturday and I will

definately be on a sugar high. Does anyone know if you can freeze

bread pudding??? My youngest called last night for my zip code :eek:

guess he is mailing a card. You would think by now he would remember it

Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Wrap it well with cellophane, then put into Tupperware type plastic. Just don't leave it in the freezer for more than two months. Breads tend to dry out in the freezer.Do enjoy!!

glittery night owl
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Thank you Julie, i can not wait to bite into it,

Trudy

Diana Jones
05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
It is said that confession is good for the soul so here goes. I bought a lovely card for my Mom. Yes, I know it's like horrible to think that I would resort to buying one when I have invested soooooo much money in cardmaking tools, supplies etc. I thought I was going to be with her tomorrow and give her the card with dinner out but my son is still in the hospital and they are doing a heart stress test sometime between now and when they intend to send him home which was supossed to be tomorrow. I am a bit apprehensive as my sister flatlined during hers awhile back; they brought her back, PTL!!!. Very scarey!!! Anyway, now her card will be late because I haven't mailed it. I guess I will mail it tomorrow and let her know it will be late because of the altered visit plans. Sometimes it's hard to be a daughter and a mother at the same time; especially in cities 2 hrs apart at the same time.

JulieB.T.
05-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I've been thinking of the same thing Diana :o Stop with the guilt already:) Tomorrow I WILL make a card for her and some others that are late!!! Hang in there with your son.I was given Rosary beads that my friend made for me for my birthday! Cultured pearls,sterling silver for the links that she made herself!! I will break them in tonight for your son.Hugs,Julie

glittery night owl
05-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Diana your mom is a mom so that in itself means she understands,

Trudy

loosluck
05-08-2011, 08:05 AM
:).
Happy Mother's Day to all out lovely ladies.

blossom
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there. I'm spending a quiet day with my honey. He is cooking lamb for dinner. I'm a lucky girl today. My son called me this morning to wish me a happy mother's day, so I'm having a wonderful day. I hope that you are too.....the flower child

vangerhofer
05-08-2011, 02:22 PM
It was a lovely weekend with my daughter and grandson here. Now today we are getting rain so since there is thunder I better shut down the computer. My Mother's day was great and hope the same to all others who are mothers are motherlike.

Kathy N.
05-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Happy Mother's Day to both mothers of humans and fur babies.

JulieB.T.
05-08-2011, 05:21 PM
My hubby and I had a very nice lunch with my son and his two friends in San francisco.We stayed at his place because it was a bit too cool and windy to have lunch at Golden Gate Park.The food was yummy(I made it:) and I left all of it for my son and his friends for the next few days! They were thrilled of course! One lives in the fdorms so he was very happy with homemade food! We also celebrated our son's 19th birthday(well, HE did the night before with a party at his friends house!!)with his first camera.He was very happy so that made US happy! I got and gave a very big hug as we left.I hate to say goodbye to him.Happy Mother's Day to you all.They are all so precious aren't they.

stampingground
05-09-2011, 08:47 AM
We are gong to see my son and his family today for a belated Mother's day. My dh was working last night and we could not go then, but we are going to have some fun today! I'm going to get a birdbath for myself for Mother's Day! (I'm not taking a bath in it, the birds are.)