PDA

View Full Version : Our pets

glittery night owl
04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
They have been giving Lacie laser treatments and she came home

like a wild woman they made her feel so good. They do it where she had her

surgery and on her back where she has or hopefully a settled

down buldging disk. They are doing that for pets now.

I miss her going into my craftroom. Lately none of the girls

have been in there,

What have your pets been up to??????

Trudy

Kathy N.
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
My cat has decided to help me clean the basement. It's Disney World to her. She's finding all kinds of nooks and crannies she never new existed and she likes to climb on all the piles I've been making. I did have to put her out and shut the door when she started eating my beading wire. Now when I'm down there she sits outside the door and meows at me.

glittery night owl
04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
How about some pictures of your pets??? Thank you,

Trudy

loosluck
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Here are my darling sweet angels and if you believe that I'll tell you another great story.

Kathy N.
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Your kitties are so cute Mary. Here's my old girl.

glittery night owl
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Mary and Kathy your babies are beautiful,

Trudy

winsrella
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Beautiful kitties!! I had to have Tigerella (cat) put to sleep in January. She was almost 16. I'd had her since she was a kitten. She had kidney disease and was bad. It would have been cruel to keep her alive for any longer. She was a great cat and I miss her alot. I may or may not get another one. Most likely will, but I am not ready for one yet. When I am ready I will get a five or six year old kitty at the shelter. Shelter kitties are so appreciative. I got Tigerella at Kroger's. Honest!

loosluck
04-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Kathy, your lovely lady looks very content with you taking her pic. I have to run all over the house to try to get a decent pic of any of my little girs.

JulieB.T.
04-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Mary, I laughed out loud when I saw your precious drinking from the faucet!! Ann, I remember you mentioning Tigerella with much love. Mollie our Lab was 8 in April.It amazes me how much she understands AND comforts me!!! Since our son is in college, my husband has become much more attentive to Mollie than before. He makes sure she is tucked in each night with her blankies!! We have a blanket on the new l.r. carpet that is in direct view of the kitchen.She HAS to be on it when we are in the room! Of course, we would have it no other way!

cobismom2
04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
My boys are usually at my feet no matter what I am doing. But the sun comes in the window and just like cats they are on the back of the couch, sunning themselves. They've been pretty good lately, no trouble, but I am sure that's not going to last long.....they love playing with the rabbits and squirrels, not too fond of cats, though......and dragging my knitting out to spread it across the house. Wonderful little beagles. What would I do without them.

glittery night owl
04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Lacie is home for good now and she does not like her crate,

Trudy

Kathy N.
04-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Everytime I have to put Meowllory in the carrier to take her to the vet, I lose a pint of blood.

glittery night owl
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
When ever I get the extra hair out of the girls ears they grow claws like cats and scrate me trying to hide their ears:eek:

Trudy

JeanneLee
04-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Our cat came with the house when we bought it 6 yrs. ago. The previous owners said she had hung out here since they lived in the house, and that was 4 yrs. so we are guessing she is 10 plus now. She is out at night but comes in to eat and sleep during the day.

This is why she loves to come in...to sleep~on the couches/chairs/where ever the sun shines in:

glittery night owl
04-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Jeanne her fur is so soft and shinny. Shi is preciuos

Trudy

Kathy N.
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
How could the former owners bear to leave such a cute kitty. She looks very contented.

glittery night owl
05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
With 3 girls sleeping in the bed with us there does not seem to be

much room left for harold and I I woke up the morning with the youngest

one asleep wrapped around my head :eek: the oldeast one was curled up

beside me and the middle one likes the throw the pillows off the bed.

We sure have gotten sonme cute pictures I will have to share with you,

Trudy glittery night owl

Kathy N.
06-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I gave my cat a bath today and only got one puncture wound in the process that didn't bleed all that much. Tomorrow I have to take her for her shots so she's really going to hate me.

DebRN
06-04-2011, 01:17 AM
I can relate, Kathy. I took my female orange tabby, Ellie, to the vet for a shot and check-up. I felt that she had lost some weight. Well, she had lost weight, but the vet wasn't concerned. She proceeded to bite and scratch me when they tried to get her temp. The vet said that the female orange tabbys tend to be more high strung than other female cats. What an understatement! At home, we call her "Drama Kitty". So, she doesn't like me much either. I guess, if you aren't ignored by a cat once in your life, you haven't lived, right?:p
On a lighter note, my dtr bought her bunny, Maynard, a harness and matching leash and took him out in the yard. He loved it. I will try to upload a picture in the next few days. It was adorable. DebRN

Kathy N.
06-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Now my cat is on a hunger strike. The vet gave me 4 worm pills costing $38.00 which is more than I pay for my medications. Anyway, I pulverized 2 of pills with a hammer. It was dust. I mixed the dust with a can of Fancy Feast gravy lovers cat food and the cat still knew I spiked it. She won't eat it and now I guess I have to throw it out. The other 2 pills are supposed to be given three weeks from the first 2 but I guess now they're useless. Should have got a dog. They'll eat anything.

JulieB.T.
06-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh, yes they will and I can attest to that with my lab Mollie!! And we all know what I mean!! Can you gently take a small piece of food and push it down her throat???? Gently,gently!!! I'm laughing but I know how stressful this can be.

Diana Jones
06-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Kathy N I sympathize greatly; be careful, you could end up with "Cat Scratch Fever" no joking. A friend of mine had a friend in the hospital dying and the doctors were stumped as to why. My friend was visiting him and asked about the numerous scratches on both his arms and he said he has a new kitten. My friend asked if the doctors had checked for Cat Scratch Fever and he said not that he knew of so he told the doctor to check and he was out of the hospital in no time because that's exactly what it was. That stuff is no laughing matter.

Here is hoping your cat gets better and you don't suffer any adverse effects because of the treatment.

PS. have you gone online to check for some alternative worming therapy that maybe the cat wouldn't object to? It may be alot less expensive than trying to replace the pills the cat won't eat.

God Bless you and your cat!

Hugs,

Diana Jones

Kathy N.
06-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Meowllory had cat scratch fever two years ago and I had to give her medication. She doesn't have it now. At the time, I also got tested but I didn't have it.

glittery night owl
06-19-2011, 08:53 PM
There were 2 cats stalking my Lacie, she is back home safe and sound

but pretty upset. She is on pain pills for her bulding disk,

TC has an ear infection and she runs when she sees the medicene

she has to have it 2 times a day

Our babies get sick just like we do and I pray for the animals to,

Trudy

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Please keep my Lacie in your prayers as her back, she has a

buldging disk, is causing her alot of pain. She is on muscle

relaxers and pain pills. I am calling the vet Tuesday to see about getting

her some lazer treatment on her spine and knee.

Our pets are family to so many of us. Thank you,

Trudy