PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for 2011

glittery night owl
05-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Please keep Diana's son in your prayers, thank you,

Trudy

Kathy N.
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I tried to fix the date Trudy, but I couldn't edit the title. Oh well, any prayers said because of a request on this thread will be effective until 2111.

Diana Jones
05-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow, with that date we'll get alot of prayer. THANKS! My son Brian expects to be in the hospital a few more days, don't know if they will do surgery or not yet on the bloodclot in his left arm above the wrist. It is cutting off circulation to his index finger and thumb so they may need to do something soon if the blood thinner doesn't do the trick. It's been bothering him for about 2 months instead of just 2 weeks like I thought.

Thank you all so much for the much needed prayer. My poor DIL has been there for 24hrs and I'm going to get her to bring her home for a little shower and food then take her back.

Hugs, Diana Jones

loosluck
05-05-2011, 06:11 PM
My prayers are with you Diana.

stampingground
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
OK, Trudy and Kathy, I fixed the date. Although everyone seemed to be having fun with the original one!

Remember to post prayer requests, but don't comment on them here. If you'd like to comment, send the person a pm. That way the requests are more easily seen and not hidden by comments.

Thanks for fixing this, Trudy.

glittery night owl
05-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Jeanne Lee here it is under Prayer Request for 2011 I will delete this post when you put up your request

Trudy

cobismom2
05-14-2011, 02:52 PM
I have a prayer request, if you don't mind. My youngest son is having some trouble with drugs and drinking. I wouldn't say that it is Jailable, but I worry cause he's 200 miles away, and making his own decisions, which aren't exactly wise at this point. Please pray that he will come to his senses and give it up...finish school and continue to work at the very good job he has now. God's will and mine I think are the same, but he is stronger.

Diana Jones
05-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Please continue to pray for my son Brian. He is now out of the hospital after 9 days. He is a blood thinner and has to have blood drawn daily until it gets to the levels the doctors want. My prayer would be that he doesn't have to be on the blood thinner after just a few months. The bigger prayer request is for his fatty liver to heal as he disciplines himself to eat a healthy diet and incorporate a fair amount of exercise. Having been given only a yr or two at the most for his liver to fail and therefore kill him, he is working very hard to turn the diagnosis around in time. A year isn't a very long time to heal something you've been abusing for at least 10 years.

Also, we still don't have that great-granddaughter born yet. She is officially due tomorrow 5/15 but they will let it go for another week before inducing labor unless Felicia is super uncomfortable.

JeanneLee
05-16-2011, 05:42 AM
Thank you, Trudy. {{{:)}}} <those are hugs for you btw!

I had mentioned that DS was suppose to get married yesterday.
Last Thursday he canceled the wedding. No details that I can share...but he is hurting. He now lives in the loft apt. away from us(the one they had just rented to move into). Fortunately the apt is 5 min from our church and 20 min from us.

DH is taking the day off to spend with him. He needs our love and support even more and I am praying hard that he will not be hardened by this situation. Trust will be hard for him now because of the situation.

Pray that he remembers who loves him, and that he feels the prayers of the righteous prayer warriors out there.

{{{Thank-you}}}

JeanneLee
05-22-2011, 07:26 PM
You know they say troubles come in threes...my dear 81yo mom had a stroke today. Got a call from her neighbor. So, I am driving out to Ohio in the am, Please be in prayer that my mom will be able to recover the stroke...it has affected her left side. Also, that I can help my mom to be able to come to terms with possibly going to a rehab home till she can get back on her feet or to help her some to terms with coming to live with me??

I may not be back on the computer for a few days...But I know you will be praying.
Thank-you...

winsrella
05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I will be praying for your Mom and you, for a safe trip to Ohio. Trust Him .....................can't recall the first line. Trust Him when your faith is small, Trust Him when to simple trust Him, is the hardest thing of all. A little poem I got out of a magazine many years ago. It makes sense when nothing else does. I think it was written by the actress Rosalind Russel when she had cancer. Most likely in the 60's. Blessings. Love, Ann

What part of Ohio?

JulieB.T.
05-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Be safe driving Jeanne and of course I will be saying the Rosary for you and your mom and her recovery tonight.Bless you all! I just saw on the weather map that a very bad band of weather is coming through Memphis Tenn. and other areas nearby.Reading about these horrible tornados is very scary for me.I am used to mild-med.earthquakes, but these tornadoes seem to go on and on!! Hugs,Julie

JulieB.T.
05-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes, do be very careful Jeanne!! Hopefully the bad weather will be gone for you in the morning.This band of weather is going from Tenn. to Ohio. I can feel my b.p. going up just looking at the weather map.Be very carful. I do hope you are driving with someone! Check in with us when you can, ok?

Diana Jones
05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Please keep my son Brian in your prayers. This blood thinner level is way to high now because the hospital told him not to eat the vitamin K veggies so his thinner will be able to work, now that his level was good he was to eat a little bit daily to keep it that way but wasn't told that so it went over the good level to dangerous.

If he were to have a bad injury right now he would bleed to death. Yikes, his wife told him to drive very carefully because that would be the most likely cause of a bad injury.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

cardmaker
05-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Diana, what a frightening result! I will definitely keep Brian in my thoughts and prayers. Jeanne, I pray for a good outcome for your mother.

Janet

glittery night owl
05-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Prayers are heading up, PLEASE keep the faith,

Trudy

glittery night owl
05-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Also please keep Mary in your prayers as she had to go through her

daughters things and the sadness and grief are alot for her to bear

This is not something that goes away so please keep her at the top

of your prayer list daily, thank you,

Also Lois as she has also gone through this and the hurt is there to

Trudy

Diana Jones
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Jeanne prayers and love for you and your Mom. I pray also for good weather and a safe trip. I hope youir Mom agrees to move in with you if that is the better choice.

Hugs, Diana Jones

cobismom2
05-25-2011, 07:47 AM
My very dear sister is going through shock treatments for depression and bi-polar disorder. Please keep her in your prayers, she tried to kill herself last week....medics rushed her to a larger hospital to take care of her there, and then we were called. She is home now, but not herself, and will have 7 more treatments over the next three months. Thanks

winsrella
05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
I will keep your sister in my prayers. . .you too.

redned
06-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Please say prayers for my brother. He's having back surgery on Thursday. Probably going to fuse 4 discs in the neck area. I'm putting on a strong front, but I'm very scared. He's had very bad reactions when coming out of anesthesia following a couple surgeries years ago.

Also, need some prayers for myself. I'm going to stay with him for a couple of weeks, and will have to do any driving. I don't like driving, especially in areas that I don't know, and a car that's not mine.:o

Thanks.

winsrella
06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I will certainly put you in my prayers, Redned.

loosluck
06-08-2011, 06:53 PM
My prayers are with you also Redned.

JulieB.T.
06-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Prayer for you both tonight!

redned
06-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks all for your kind thougths. Surgery went well, and my brother had no problems coming out of the anesthesia. I managed the drive home, once the storms had passed, and the GPS located the satellites. (Isn't technology great, when it works.)

JeanneLee
06-11-2011, 05:08 AM
So glad to hear things went well, Nedra.

:o Oops, I just noticed we are suppose to not be commenting but sending PM's so the prayers can be more visible. :o Will do from now on.:)

Kathy N.
06-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Please keep Trudy (Glittery Night Owl) in your prayers as her surgeon didn't like the look of her x-ray today and is sending her for another test on Friday.

cobismom2
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
My "younger" brother, lost his job this weekend. He has been teaching music in this school
17 years, and suddenly his band is "an embarassment" He is very much shell shocked, because he is the type of man that bad things just don't happen to.....ever. My sil is a graphic design artist, all their children are out of the house, my nephew works for the same school system, which is making his job very difficult. They are shaken, scared, and very much trying to rely on God's help, but he is shook. Please pray that windows and doors open, if not where he is now, then where they might be needed,doing what needs to be done. Thanks, I appreciate it!

glittery night owl
06-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Please keep me in your prayers it looks like I am headed back to surgery.

I passed out when they did the milogram, he had to stick me twice.

I had a pain shot before they started but it was just to much for my body

Trudy

JulieB.T.
06-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Oh, Trudy, I am so sorry!!! Prayers for you tonite and bless all those with health problems.Let's send lots of positive feeling towards Trudy .Hugs,Julie

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Joan Petty can use our prayers please,

Trudy

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Why is this thread going away only after 6 hours can someone

please do something to fix this for us?? Prayer needs are really

important to alot of us, thank you so much,

Trudy

glittery night owl
07-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Lets keep Kaybee in our prayers. She needs to be really careful

about her insulin, and that the doctors can get it regulated

correctly

Trudy

AnnetteMay
07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
To my long term Prayer Warriors - Just wanted to post and Answer to prayer - My Daughter Misty is now 3 yrs POST transplant and doing wonderful - Many of you remember her life was at the very near end when she got that Call - God is Good - he hears and answers - PTL. Pray for me as I battle on through depression - I know what I know but for many days things just seems so "dark" everywhere. I'm forcing myself to craft again and make cards...my "muse" has too long been away - so send her back ASAP.

loosluck
07-25-2011, 05:53 PM
AnnetteMay, you have my prayers and my love so please make that effort to smile and get through another day. God love you and so do we. M

glittery night owl
08-15-2011, 06:45 AM
I have to get a shot in my back Friday and hopefully get some relief.

It shows a pinched nerve and if this does not help we all know what that

means, back to surgery again.

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts,

Trudy

glittery night owl
09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Prayers for Diana's Great grand daughter please, thank you

Trudy

glittery night owl
10-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Prayers for what i have been going through please. God knows

what has and is happening. Thank you,

Trudy

JulieB.T.
11-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Could you all please send prayers for my son and his friends at college.This afternoon he called to tell me one of his girl-friends that he has known for the past year, killed herself last night.I guess her roommates didn't find her till they came home this afternoon.He is devastated of course.He has his girlfriend and the other kids to comfort each other so that I am thankful for .I want to go to him but I think he is ok and needs to just be with his friends.I had never met her, just heard of her through my son.He and his roomie took care of her little puppy this summer for a week .I'm so sad for my son, he was just heartbroken, and of course for her that she felt she had to do this.I guess she left a note.She had gotten into an arguement with her roomie, but he didn't think this was the cause.He said she was the sweetest and nicest person. Thank you so much. I know you understand how badly I feel for my son and his friends.Hugs,Julie

DebRN
11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Julie, I am so sorry for the loss of that young soul. It is hard on kids or young adults, as I guess that is what they are. I see so many young adults with emotional problems, some you see the issues, some you don't. All you can do is give your son and his friends support. That poor young lady must have been hurting so bad to take her life. It just breaks my heart. I will be thinking of you, your son and his friends. Take care, DebRN

Kathy N.
11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I normally don't ask for prayers but my cat, Meowllory, is at the vet's now awaiting surgery tomorrow to remove a large tumor from under her chin. I'm not having it biopsied because I just don't want to know. Meowlls is an older cat and I'm really worried she won't make it through the surgery. Any of you who has pets know how I feel. She's like my baby and treats me better than my own kids. So, I'd appreciate any prayers you could spare for Meowllory.

loosluck
11-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Heard you, keeping her in my prayers. M

Dekamay
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Saying a prayer for your sweet kitty.

Eph429
11-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I normally don't ask for prayers but my cat, Meowllory, is at the vet's now awaiting surgery tomorrow to remove a large tumor from under her chin. I'm not having it biopsied because I just don't want to know. Meowlls is an older cat and I'm really worried she won't make it through the surgery. Any of you who has pets know how I feel. She's like my baby and treats me better than my own kids. So, I'd appreciate any prayers you could spare for Meowllory.

You have my prayers. God hears our prayers. Lord, lay your healing hand on Meowllory and guide the doctor's hands. Give strength and peace of mind to this sweet, precious member of Kathy's family - and also to Kathy, too.

Eph429
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Could you all please send prayers for my son and his friends at college.This afternoon he called to tell me one of his girl-friends that he has known for the past year, killed herself last night.I guess her roommates didn't find her till they came home this afternoon.He is devastated of course.He has his girlfriend and the other kids to comfort each other so that I am thankful for .I want to go to him but I think he is ok and needs to just be with his friends.I had never met her, just heard of her through my son.He and his roomie took care of her little puppy this summer for a week .I'm so sad for my son, he was just heartbroken, and of course for her that she felt she had to do this.I guess she left a note.She had gotten into an arguement with her roomie, but he didn't think this was the cause.He said she was the sweetest and nicest person. Thank you so much. I know you understand how badly I feel for my son and his friends.Hugs,Julie

This is hard to comprehend and we wish we could be sensitive enough to pick up on what others are going through and intervene before it is too late. My heart goes out to this young woman's parents and family. changes everyone's life.

Eph429
11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
I have to get a shot in my back Friday and hopefully get some relief.

It shows a pinched nerve and if this does not help we all know what that

means, back to surgery again.

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts,

Trudy

Trudy, there is no peace with a pinched nerve. You are in my prayers that the shots will do their perfect work and that ultimate healing will be yours.

DebRN
11-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Kathy, you and your precious kitty are in my thoughts and prayers. I know, from experience, how tough it is when our furried family members are going thru these type of problems. Hugs, DebRN

judikins
11-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Here's a big squishy hug for you and Meowllory today. OOXX Judi

cobismom2
11-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Normally I don't travel after Oct. 31 in South Dakota, but, when you son says he is getting married November 19 in Nashville, the happy couple's new home, you take caution to the wind. Please pray for us as we travel 1400 miles during the next two weeks. No snow, no ice, no bad weather. And say a prayer for my son and his bride, he is our first born, and she is my first daughter....God bless them

glittery night owl
12-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Prayers for Blossom (Lois) that she will be healed and feeling

better soon,

Trudy

Diana Jones
12-05-2011, 03:58 PM
It's us in the need of prayer; a little too often for my liking. I will just list them briefly and thank you in advance for your prayer support. :)

Son Brian with the blood thinner because of blood clot is being tested soon after a month of not being on the thinner to see if he will need the thinner the REST OF HIS LIFE, he's only 30 yrs old.

His wife's oldest daughter has two small children, Darien her 2 2/3 yr old son has not gained weight like she should from the beginning and his parents have been under CPS watch for much of the last year and he's been with us for a while and then went back to his Mom's and lost a pound and 2oz in a week and came back and gained 10 oz in a week without the extra Pediasure and Ovaltine they had her feeding. My daughter-in-law may be given permanent custody pretty soon because his Daddy lives in an unstable crowded living cituation and can't take proper care of him either.

My son, his wife, her middle daughter and her youngest daughter and her newborn 4 wk old son and his dad currently live with us, and we hope to get Darien too. The numbers alone is a prayer need! Darien has a baby sister who will still be with her Mom but you know CPS will be watching very closely and we could end up with her when she starts walking and thins down too low.

And I've been coughing my head off and went to the doctor this morn because I felt something around my navel that felt like I would think a hernia would feel like and sure enough; doc comfirmed it and I have a referral to a surgeon coming soon.

Did I say I'd be brief? Sorry, I overshot that a might. :)

glittery night owl
12-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Please keep me in prayer I am having another back fussion done on the 21st and will get out of hosp on 23rd. My other one was Feb and it was also a fussion. Please also pray that i have patience to be still while it heals correctly.

My youngest son is coming home for Christmas and he and Harold will be doing the cooking

Trudy

Daniel
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Keeping you in my thots & sending you lots of good ones, Trudy! With Harold & DS doing the cookin' you'll have no need to 'Fuss' despite your 'fussion', pal!

glittery night owl
12-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Daniel you have me "in stiches" even before the surgery :D

Trudy

glittery night owl
12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Please keep Lois in your prayers this is a really hard time

of year for her, thank you,

Trudy

Kathy N.
12-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Please prayer for Trudy (glittery night owl) that everything goes well with her back surgery tomorrow.

JulieB.T.
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes, please send you good thoughts and prayers to Trudy AND to dear Harold who is beside her all the way all the time!

DebRN
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Thinking of Trudy, any news? DebRN