glittery night owl
05-06-2011, 08:00 AM
How many of you use scoreboards??? There have been some great U-Tubes

on how to use them. Do you have any ideas or tips to share with

us on how to use them and what you use them for?? Thank you,

Trudy

Kathy N.
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I have a scoreboard. I think I used it only once. I usually just use a ruler and a bone folder to score something.

glittery night owl
05-06-2011, 05:17 PM
HAS anyone seen the backrounds you can make with score boards??

Trudy

Diana Jones
05-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I love the scoreboards I have, the purple ones (enveloper and box maker) and the Martha Stewart one. I like the MS one because it has lines so close together you can really customize something with a close fit.

I tend to use the purple one most because it has all the paper sizes on it so easy to see. I use the gate fold and everything including the designs. I'm not so good yet at finding the design thru the paper so I think I will do as the video says and get me some soap to make the stylus glide easier. I like the simple designs and they add so much to the envelope I make.

JulieB.T.
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
I have the same as Diana, the Enveloper and box maker.They are both great! I need to use them more often! Thanks for reminding me Trudy:)

glittery night owl
05-07-2011, 07:05 AM
For some reason I can not get the hang of the purple one:eek:

Did you have a learning curve on it??

Trudy

JulieB.T.
05-07-2011, 08:58 AM
It just takes a bit to be comfy with it.I've only made about six envies with it so far.Let's face it, I have wayyy too much stuff and I don't use it enough. I had better use it up so my hubby doesn't throw it out when I die :o

glittery night owl
05-07-2011, 10:08 AM
My craftroom stuff is in my will so he can not throw it out ROFL

Trudy

loosluck
05-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I just bought the scor-buddy and I love it. I took it to class the other day and it fits in my case perfectly. It has everything the big one has except for the size.

blossom
05-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I have both the Martha Stewart and the Scor-Pal scoreboards and I use them both for scoring my cards and I use them when I'm scrap-booking too. Great inventions. next on my list is the scor-buddy which is used mostly for cards and has more score marks on it than the scor-pal......the flower child

Diana Jones
05-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I practiced using my scoreboards by converting an old mapbook we got at a garage sale for 25 cents. They are really great. I actually got a book that had a map of the area I was sending the card to and it wasn't local. I wonder if the person I sent it to knew it.

I have made little boxes at work just playing and love the fact that I can make a little gift set customized with even the box included.

I was on this club for quite a while before I ever investigated what these things were. It was another stamper friend who talked me into it and I am so glad she did. I take the MS one to work sometimes because it is more easily replaceable if lost or damaged. I so wish I had time to play. I probably have 6 weeks vacation time built up but there is always some reason not to take it.

stampingground
05-09-2011, 08:51 AM
I have the Score It. Don't like it much at all. Also have the Martha Stewart one and I really do like it and use it often. I use it to score my cards for folding. Before I started doing that, I had really bad folds that cracked and showed the white core of the paper. This eliminates that. I also have been using the scoring tool to make backgrounds. If you score every 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch increments on your paper, you can run a brown ink pad (I use the distress ink) over it and then it makes a board "fence" or "wall". Looks very western and retro. Love it.

glittery night owl
05-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Has anyone seen the U-Tubes on the beautiful backrounds you can

use with your scroreboards?? I know I really want to try them out,

Trudy glittery night owl

Kathy N.
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I have a couple of Crafter's Companion boards that have designs on them. Is that what you're talking about Trudy? I haven't used mine yet.

Diana Jones
05-26-2011, 06:24 PM
I will have to see those youtube videos on scoreboard backrounds. I just love youtube!

Well, I tried but couldn't find a link and I'm too tired to spend much time trying; maybe later.

cobismom2
05-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't have one that is just for scoring. I have limited storage or crafting space, and to me, with my scoring blade on my paper cutter, it would be a waste of money. A good ruler and a bone folder are wonderful small instruments for that sort of thing.

Diana Jones
05-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I just went to watch a MS video and realized that there were directions that came with the scoreboard. I didn't happen to know where they were because they got seperated from the board. I went looking for the package it came in because I kept it and couldn't find it anywhere but in the process found the directions in a clear page protector! WOW, if I hadn't found it I would have gone nuts looking for it. PTL! I haven't been able to make different styles of cards because I didn't have the directions, I'm delighted to have them now.

I am thinking I want to purchase another MS scoreboard to keep at work now that I know I can make the other style cards. I want to keep the one at home.

glittery night owl
05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Dang, I now realize I own 4 scoring boards. In my opion

that is way to many.

Trudy

Diana Jones
05-30-2011, 06:31 AM
*LOL* Then the third one I'm contemplating will maybe be alright Trudy? I'd hate to over do it but then I'm thinking ahead to a day when I may rent myself out to stamp/scrap parties with my goodies and 3 may not be enough. I have friends at work who want to do stamping and scrapbooking but have nothing to do it with. I have told them not to invest in the stuff unless they really want to because they can rent me and my stuff and we can get it done and have a great time too. :)

PS. Trudy, are all yours different brands? Tell us about them and what you do or don't like about them please.

stampingground
05-31-2011, 12:09 PM
There are a couple of videos on score board backgrounds on Stamp TV site. Can't put the link on here, because they sell stamps, but just use the name with a .com and get to it that way. Very neat techniques there.