glittery night owl
05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
What do you do when your muse goes on vacation:eek: without

your permission??? How do you get her or him to come back

home where they belong??? Lets chat, thank you,

Trudy

stampwilly
05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
I go to my craft room and look through stamp magazines or my stash of ideas and techniques to get the juices flowing. Sometimes just straightening and rummaging through things in my craft room will help me see things I have forgotten about and will spark an idea. If nothing comes, then I get away from it for awhile and come back later with a fresh start.

Stampwilly

www.stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com

Kathy N.
05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
When my muse goes missing, I like to drag out my DCWV stacks and look and all the pretty patterned cardstock. While looking at the cardstock I start thinking of all the stuff I can make with it and then my poor muse is back and working overtime.

glittery night owl
05-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I have been trying the contests, challenges and everything I can think of to

entice her to come home She is playing hide n seek with me

More ideas please, thank you,

Trudy

Kathy N.
05-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't know Trudy, I think your muse did a good job with the postcard she helped you with.

Diana Jones
05-08-2011, 05:19 AM
I go into my stamp/garage and start organizing, shuffling and looking at the stuff I have so maybe something will inspire me or if not currently, I may remember where I have something stored the next time my muse comes to visit. I think one thing that would help is more specialty papers! I think many times I'm hampered because I don't have the pretty papers I wish I could cut with my Nestabilities as a nice backround.

glittery night owl
05-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Thank you Kathy. I have been reorganing my stamps and it

is like visiting old friends. I am putting them in the binders that completly

close and keep them dust free :D

Trudy

stampingground
05-09-2011, 09:20 AM
This is sad, but I go shopping.

Wendy
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Mine seems to have been taking its own vacation!:confused: For the last couple of months I have been sitting at my craft area and whenever I get an idea it does not translate to hands!!! I end up going back to the basics and making something simple.... but I wanna make detailed things!!!:( There are celebrations, graduations, etc. that I have to create for :eek: ... SOON!!! I'll be watching this thread to get remedies..... at least we are together in this!
~ Wendy

glittery night owl
05-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Mine is back but she has to unpack and look around the craftroom to rest

up a bit,

Trudy

Kathy N.
05-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Another great way to get your muse going is to drag out your bag of scrap papers and your bag of extra images that you stamped along the way. Start putting images next to the scraps and see what strikes your fancy. Then just glue them to a base card, add some embellisments and you've got yourself a card. I like to do that every once in a while just to use up the scraps and images I have lying around.

Wendy
05-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Good idea Kathy! I have A LOT of cut outs that I tried to use months/years ago... and .... partially started card fronts .... maybe I'll check those out! Some of them have been chewed by my baby foster kittens tho' - the kittens seem to find places even I forget about! Each poor Momma Cat just sits and watches them... oh what fun!!:D

glittery night owl
05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Now I am getting rid of stamps i do not think I ever used

It was fun looking at all the stamps I have and time to weed out the

others. Tastes change and we move on to other things, threw them into a bag and need

to figure out what to do with them. Just don not want them anymore.

Trudy

AmyS
06-19-2011, 12:03 PM
My muse went AWOL about a year and a half ago! Periodically, I would think about stamping something, decide it was too much trouble (!) and go knit something.

BUT...I finally realized what happened.

Like many others, I've gone through a number of phases in my stamping life: cute, scenic, collage, Posh...But nothing felt right anymore and everything seemed like too much trouble. I actually even considered buying a card for a bar mitzvah!

But somehow, and it's weird but a sign of the times that it was only a few days ago but I can't remember the details, I discovered a stamping style that really appealed to me. As I browsed around, idea after idea popped into my head. I got up early the next day and started decluttering my stamping room (which had become the family dumping ground) and stamping cards! I had to sketch out the ideas I didn't get to so I wouldn't forget them.

Amazing.

What I've learned is, my muse didn't really go away. I was just ready for a change in my stamping style, but hadn't figured out yet what I wanted to do next.

For me, the discovery of what's being called Clean and Simple (CAS) stamping really inspired me and brought back my love for stamping. I've come to realize that what I wasn't enjoying when I finally stopped stamping was all of the clutter and detail - too many colors, too many layers, too many embellishments...too much time and trouble! I find the use of one main image, and possibly a sentiment, more than enough. My eye finds the empty space on the card front to be so much more appealing than multiple patterns, textures, and details.

So that's my story. :-)

glittery night owl
06-19-2011, 08:21 PM
AMY, it is so wonderful to see you on the boards, I and lots of others have missed you so much.

My muse finally came home and she took such a long vacation I told her

to go stand in the conor till I said she could come out!! :eek: :D

Trudy

AmyS
06-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Hi Trudy!

Thank you so much. When I stopped stamping I pretty much stopped visiting stamping blogs, websites and message boards. I have been thinking of everyone here though and am so glad to see so many familiar names still here. :)

glittery night owl
06-20-2011, 07:45 AM
That was the way I was to, just now posting again. Guess it was my

own fault :eek: my muse went on vacation, sighhhhh, guess she can

come out of the conor now :D

Trudy glittery night owl

redned
06-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Careful Trudy - if you punish you muse, she just might leave again.:p
You need to grasp her when you see her.
Nedra

glittery night owl
06-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I AM, I let her come and sit with me. She drug out all the things

i needed to start my Christmas cards and you know Neidra how much i like

my Christmas cards :D i need to get a head start before i have to start

recouprating again :eek: :D

Trudy

AmyS
06-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Oh Trudy, seriously? Christmas cards already?! I still have birthday cards to make for July birthdays! In fact, I've got birthdays and anniversaries every month. Only good thing is, I made Meital's birthday card (July 30) yesterday while she was at school. Now she's on summer vacation, so that was truly my last chance, lol. Before we go on vacation next month, I need to make 2 birthday cards, an anniversary card, and a card for a wedding.

By the way, does anyone have suggestions for a sentiment for a wedding card? Obviously I don't have something specifically for weddings. Would "Best Wishes" work?

redned
06-21-2011, 04:11 AM
I did a card for someone at work and wrote "Wishing you years of happiness!"

AmyS
06-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the idea, Nedra - sounds lovely!

cardmaker
06-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Great to see you back, Amy. :) I am sort of in the middle of a missing muse myself. I like things clean and simple too, however, I've got so many embellishments, stickers, brads, etc. that I siimply must use them because there's been lots of $$ invested in them. :rolleyes:

One saying that I've used for a wedding card is: "Wishing you love in your hearts and joy in your home"

Janet

AmyS
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Janet! Good to see you, too. I sure have missed the lovely people here... Thanks for the suggestion. I still need to dig around, I have a feeling I have a Posh "Best Wishes" stamp that I could use (though I'll confess it's been so long I've forgotten what I have!).

I have been ruthless about tossing out/recycling things (patterned paper, ribbons, embellishments) that I absolutely know I won't use. The things I still think are pretty but I know I won't use, I'm setting aside to give to a stamper who will enjoy them. Don't we still have the for trade/for sale thread here?

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I must say my muse is keeping me soooo busy she is running

me all over the place :eek:

Trudy

Kathy N.
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
See Trudy, maybe when your muse was missing a while back, she was just resting up so she could go full speed ahead now.

loosluck
07-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Everybody needs a busy Muse. I hope mine gets back from vacation soon, I need to wake up and start stampin'

glittery night owl
07-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Mary, I am sending my muse over to have a chat with

your muse :D

Trudy

AnnetteMay
07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I just FOUND my Muse! She's been camped out on the Judikins video clips since 6 AM till noon today...Oh my - she wants to do EVERYTHING Now...She's out of control! Help - I'm lost in my "Muse" !!! LOL

glittery night owl
07-28-2011, 08:43 PM
KathyN/ my muse is still going full steam ahead and i am not sure if

I can keep up with her :D But I want her to stay just like she is,

all over the place. Christmas, Halloween, Fall, Birthday, Thank You

and get well.

Trudy