PDA

View Full Version : Using posh duets

andrew overton
06-24-2011, 04:15 AM
I have decided to pull out my Posh Duets and start to create something with them, but i want to create something new and hopefully better than i have done before .I must admit when i demonstrated and sold Posh Stamps in the UK and in then past , i found these Duets were the least popularwith stampers . I remember having a discusion with Warren in pm form and he said they were more suitable for the US.
How would you improve your stamping with the Duets and any new ideas on using the duets?. I really do think i have never done these stamps justice in the past and i must really start playing around with them again.
regards Andrew overton

AmyS
06-24-2011, 07:20 AM
I always used to use a stamp positioner with my Duets, because I didn't really like the offset look. Mostly I just use the outline stamp and ignore the solid one, now.

JulieB.T.
06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
WEll, Mr. Andrew and Miss Amy, I like using them! Also, I always use Dee's Marvy Markers with them.They give them the best solid color impression on paper I feel.Using black as the outline and another bright color or using one color as the outline and the solid in a shade or two darker is nice too.I kind of like them although I don't use them much, but I don't make cards alot either:O I need to make more! Also, heat emboss the outline and not the solid or maybe dry emboss the outline and not the solid.You would have to do the dry emboss on heavier cardstock and first stamp in light ink on the back in order to emboss the front, or use an embossing light that I have only used about ten times!!Ok, too much coffee! Sorry:)~~~~~~~Oh, that would'nt work because it would be reversed.I have a mirror image piece of rubber that would work. I don't think I really helped. Next time, I will just read and not comment!!;)

Kathy N.
06-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I find that I use the duet stamps separately and not as duets. The duet that I do use as a duet is the large sunflower head. I love that set. I think it would be great if Judikins would remake some of the duets but sell them separately.

winsrella
06-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I occasionally use the duets that I have and enjoy using them. I also use them separately. I have about ten different sets. Ooops! I was thinking of the triple ups. I use them separately as well. The duets. . .I have about five sets. I like the sunflower set too, but just have the solid stamp. I'd like the outline stamp too.

andrew overton
07-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I think some of thias thread seems to have disappeared i remember kathy posted about how she uses the sunflower duet .if anyone who posted on here finds their post is gone please carry this thread on where it left off.

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I also like to use them seperately. Dee has a great video

on how she uses them,

Trudy

andrew overton
07-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes i have both the videos which feature the duets very well vol 1 and vol 2 thay were made in 1999 and initially the duets were made by rubber stampede ina different package and had a instruction leaflet.

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Sure wish compines would keep pamplets and directions with

the things they sell. ebay is one place to get the duets if judi does

not deceide to make them,

Trudy

andrew overton
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I know the Duets when All Night media made them from 2001 they had a instruction format printed on the back of the cardboard packaging which was not the same when ruber stampede made them.

Diana Jones
07-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I have lots of them because I bought up everything I could get my hands on during Dee's closeout sale. I missed some I despirately wanted at the time but can't for the life of me tell you what I missed without a reminder. I actually bought some of Dee's demos and I am tickled to have stamps she actually used! I know which ones they are because they are on colored backrounds that she used to organize them. :)

I love Dee's bold solid stamps but also love to color inside the lines so the duets were right up there on my list. They are simple and make a nice image, loved them from the start! Who could resist after seeing Dee demo them on video? Not me!!! I don't have time to use them but then I get shear joy in just owning my Posh stamps no matter which they are, woodmount, EZ mount or clears.

Well I found all that the pink case holds but I am missing some because I'm missing the case with Dee's personally used stamps. I still don't know totally which I own because I know a few that I haven't found but not all.

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Diana, if you list what you own, perhaps we can help

you discove which ones you are missing,

Trudy

Diana Jones
07-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks Trudy but then I'd be frustrated again because I don't have and can't get them. :(

Do you have a master list or old catalogue that would list them. I suppose maybe if I knew and still wanted them I could ask for a trade or purchase on the trading post.

When it cools down maybe I can go into the garage/craft room and get the CD case and list them because now you got me wondering if I will be able to figure out what and if I need them.

Darn, I just ran to the garage and couldn't find the bright pink CD case. I see it every time I go out there, why not today? Must be because it is bedtime and if I get started I'll be up another hour. I will maybe give it a try soon if I don't get totally sidetracked.

Two days later but I found that pink case with 33 sets of the duets but I am missing the ones I bought that were personally used by Dee and maybe more. I don't know right now where I put them since I ran out of room in the pink case. Darn, wish they were all in the same case. So until I find the other place I stashed them I won't know the totality of which duets I own.

Since I don't have them labeled like Dee probably sold them I still won't know which I have for use when it comes to large and small etc. Oh well, it isn't like I don't have "something" I could make a card with.

glittery night owl
07-04-2011, 07:58 PM
I have alot of them on EZmount and I will make you a

list tomorrow :D of the ones I own and then if anyone see's

any missing they could add to the list,

trudy

andrew overton
07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Here is the full complete list of original Duets which were made by Rubber Stampede and All Night Media. These were available from 1999 to 2005 and consisted of one foam mounted outline stamp and one wooden mounted stamp for the solid image.

Acorn 2111C
African Violets large 2759C
Apple small 2708C
Butterfly large 2754C
butterfly small 2702C
bumble Bee 2709C
Birthday cake large 2756C
Balloon small 2713C
Candle small 2700C
Cactus large 2761C
Coffee large 2751C
Daisy large 2763C
Dragonfly large 7772C
Evergreen large 2767C
Fish small2703C
flower small 2704C
flower vase large 2771C
Heart small 2707C
Hibiscus large 2753C
Ladybug small 2706C
leafy foliage large 2762C
Magnolia large 2750C
maple leaf large 2764C
Oak leaf small 2701C
package small2710C
Pear large 2755C
Potted Plant small 2773C
Poinsettia large 2765C
Pumpkin large 2769C
Rose large 2758C
Snail small 2705C
Star of david large 2768C
Sunflower large 2752C
Sun Large 2757C
teapot large 2770C
mountain Scenic Small 2715C
springtime small 2717C
wheat small 2716C
tropical small 2718C
watermelon large 2760C

if anyone wants to post the easi mount option please feel free i thought seen as i used to sell them and having the catalogue it would be nice to have the name and product number should anyone here be searching for any of these duets.Also some of the easi mount were made smaller and same with the clear stamps which Stewart superior made before Sunday international made their selections.
hope this helps
Regards Andrew

glittery night owl
07-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Thank you Andrew this is perfect.

Perhaps you could go to the triple ups and

post those to, thank you,

Trudy

Diana Jones
07-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Andrew you're awesome! I had no idea there were so many! Thanks for taking the time to research and type them out with numbers even.

Kathy N.
07-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks for that list Andrew. I had no idea there were so many duets.

andrew overton
07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
I had forgot how many Duets their were too i knew about most but had to check out and make sure the list was accurate and with the original product numbers taken form various All Night Media catalogues by PLAID Enterprises.
I missed out 3 Duets these were only available for the fall winter catalogue in 2002
Gingerbread Man small- 2720C
Christmas Ornament large - 2774C
Snowflake small - 2719C

In the 2003 All Night Media catalogue PLAID discontinued 7 Duets making 33 Duets available from 44 including seasonal ones.
in 2004 PLAID once again Discontinued but sadly this time the whole complete line of Duets.
In the spring of 2004 the new 3 step method was launched and these we know as the Triple Ups.
All Duets were still available till 2005 closeouts on the PLAID website, until all individual styles were sold and were gone.
the Duets had a 5 year catalogue life of availability and 1-2 years closeout.

andrew overton
07-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Just recieved from America a brand new old stock Hibiscus Duets which was the early ones made by rubber Stampede it does not have the white outline design on the rubber and it came with a little instruction leaflet in a small plastic case.Now all i have to do is find the time to get crafting and enjoy myself maybe tommorow. I still want the cactus and the daisy on wood and foam format i dont have them all just the ones i liked best.

andrew overton
07-10-2011, 04:33 AM
I was looking today in my old posh impressions seventh edtion catalogue i think this was the last posh Catalogue made circa 2004?.
inside i noticed that some Posh stamps were a PL product which means Posh impressions not all Night media or Rubber Stampede. You may have some of these they are wood with a black image not coloured on the wood.
yes even more Duets
here they are
Cupcake- PL 582
Candy Cane- PL560
Fan - PL 518
Leaf -PL 961 - same style as the one in the Triple Ups but larger
Pansy - PL 518
Holly - PL 614
Mittens - PL 539
Peppermint Candy- PL557
I hope i have now made the list complete this is a long list around 50 or 51 duets were made that is an outstanding amount to offer and most certainly plenty of choice for those who loved to collect and use their Duets.

Kathy N.
07-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Thanks again Andrew. It's good to know that you have all those old catalogs in case we need to look up an image.

JulieB.T.
07-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for doing this Andrew:)

glittery night owl
07-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Alot of those are done on EZmount with several of the designs

on one sheet,

Trudy

andrew overton
07-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Sadly these are no longer available on E Z Mount and in future i guess any posh stamps made will be on wood, Judikins make stamps on wood . I just thought it would be helpful to list all the original names of duets and product numbers.I know they were also made on clear originally Stewart Superior made the first clear stamps for posh before Sunday took over with unmounted red rubber and clear.
Anyone wanting to get an original Duet these were the ones i have listed and some are still out their on the secondary market.

glittery night owl
07-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Your list is perfect Andrew, thank you for doing all that

work for us,

Trudy

Kathy N.
07-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Andrew I was going to make and post a sample of my 3-D sunflower but I never got around to making it. So, here's what I do. I color the bold sunblower with golden yellow petals and brown center. I stamp the outline sunflower over that in a darker brown. I then stamp the bold image again on a separate piece of cardstock, cut it out and cut between the petals. I glue the center of the sunflower to the center of the one on the card and fluff up the petals. I dot the brown center with copper Stickles. I'll get one made and posted eventually. It's on my list of things to do.

andrew overton
07-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks Kathy for posting the directions on your Sunflower Duet card sounds like fun to make and another idea too. Does anyone else have any ideas they would like to share about using any of their Posh duets i noticed the outline image of the Duet of the leafy foliage is now going to be available soon which is one of the new Posh stamps made by Judikins.

Kathy N.
08-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I was looking for something else and came across my Posh Poinsettia duet stamps which got me thinking Christmas and maybe doing some Christmas cards. Came up with this untraditional pink and green card. The background on the green panel was made by stamping the fir branch from the new Judi-Kins cube repeatedly with three diferrent greens.

redned
08-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Love the color combination, Kathy.
And a great way to combine old and new stamps.
Nedra

lorena7072
08-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi guys, I used to sell Posh and I have a few brand new Ezmount duet sets left over. I am moving and I found them. Here are the ones I have if anyone is interested before I list them on ebay. Small strawberry and small Hibiscus. Large Ice Cream Cone, large apple (2 sets), large pear (2) and large Birthday cake (2). They are all still in their package. PM me if you are interested. Lorena

glittery night owl
08-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Lorena we have a Posh trading thread that way people can always pull up

and see what is for sale :D If this thread does not stay around then they will

still be able to find your awsome items HTH

Trudy

andrew overton
08-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your card kathy unusual colour scheme to use for christmas, if anyone else wants a idea of the posh poinsettia look in Warrens gallery my old sample card is in their its lilac and purples in colour some may remember it in my old gallery.
I will get some samples done soon of posh stuff i have a demo charity event on sept 10th and i am using the posh pinecone duet and duet bell which are clear stamps, sticky yes i know but still work and i need to sell some old stock so fingerscrossed.

DebRN
08-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Love the card, KathyN. I enjoy using colors for Christmas that aren't the traditional ones. It gives a fresh look to the stamps, don't you think? DebRN

glittery night owl
08-30-2011, 08:29 AM
KathyN. LOVE it your muse is having soooo much fun :D

Trudy