PDA

View Full Version : Posh pets

glittery night owl
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
We seem to have lost our Posh pets thread sooooooo, I will start another

one.

Please tell us about your pets, which kind you have and some funny

stuff they do. After all they are part of our faminly.

Lets chat

Trudy

kaybee
07-09-2011, 04:49 AM
I would love to see some photos of you pets. It's nice to see who has what pet.

glittery night owl
07-09-2011, 06:00 AM
I have 3 girls and will get Harold to put up a picture,

I can never get their pictures together though,

Trudy

kaybee
07-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Trudy, what an adorable little dog. She is so cute..

Kathy N.
07-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Your dog is too cute Trudy.

glittery night owl
07-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Thank you she is spoiled!!!!

Trudy

Diana Jones
07-10-2011, 02:57 PM
She's darling and looks like a puppy! She doesn't look like she wanted her picture taken.

glittery night owl
07-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Her eyes still look like that today she is strong willed :D

Trudy

JulieB.T.
07-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Is this Miss Twinklebottoms? She is sooo dang cute Trudy!!! I think she's just like her Mama!!

loosluck
07-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Trudy, she is so.....cute. What does she weight - 2lbs. If ever you don't want her you can just call me up and I'll come and get her. M

Kathy N.
07-11-2011, 09:26 AM
That breeder didn't sound like she took very good care of her animals. Kandie is so lucky you rescued her.

glittery night owl
08-25-2011, 10:12 AM
They are so spoiled there is barly room in the king size bed for harold and I

Trudy

kaybee
08-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Trudy, isn't that why you have pets, to spoil them. They love so unconditionally.

Kathy N.
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM
My cat owns us and the house and sleeps wherever she wants, usually draped over my legs in our bed.

glittery night owl
08-26-2011, 09:29 AM
They say animals (pets) can keep our blood pressure down and

also calm us. Can you take them to work?? ;)

Trudy

kaybee
08-26-2011, 03:28 PM
I couldn't since I woorked in a grocery. People even complained if someone had a service dog.

lorena7072
08-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Pets are angels in disguise. When my son passed away, I could swear my dog was there to help me get through it. I had a Dalmatian at the time called Melany and she would not leave my side. Her eyes looked so sad like she was feeling the pain with me. Now, I have a Maltepoo called Snowbuddy. He is so smart! When he wants to go out, he starts smaking his leash that is hanging from a key hook. When I forget to leave water in his metal bowl, he starts smacking it making so much noise to get our attention. He hates taking a shower. When he starts barking too much i say the word "shower" and he stops barking instantly and hides underneath my bed. If so funny! He is my medicine when I am feeling down.

AnnetteMay
08-27-2011, 09:26 AM
We doooo get attached to our animals don't we....I have 4 cats now, one is 15, 2 are 14 and the "baby" is 10.....the 3 older ones are starting to show their age and it breaks my heart already to think of losing one of them. My DD Misty has a chiahuahua for 5 yrs and the day it died she nearly died too...but that little "angel" was the reason my DD was able to hang on and get thru her transplant...So yes - I can identify.

Kathy N.
08-27-2011, 09:28 AM
My son can take his pets to work on Friday, but then he works for Petsmart corporate headquarters.

glittery night owl
08-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I love that. It is hard trying to take all 3 girls at once into

Petsmart. I have taken one into Hobby Lobby in the wheelchair basket and

everyone came and peted her,

trudy

yankee
08-28-2011, 07:58 AM
I have four rabbit. They are outside rabbits. Years ago with our first rabbit, I learned they chew every electrical cord in the house, they spray all the furniture. So they are outside, they are so spoiled, they have fans, misters, and ice packs. They live in cages on a shelf outside my kitchen window on the porch, in the shade. Of course this heat everything suffers. This is the first year I haven't brought them inside in this terrible heat.

kaybee
08-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I love cute fluffy bunnies. I had a friend who had a lopped eared bunny and it had the run of her house. Don't know how she kept it from chewing on electric cords, though.

lorena7072
08-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Annette, what year did your daughter receive her transplant? I donated my sons organs in March of 1999. As a donor family, I always hoped that we would hear from the recipient family but sadly we never have. I pray that his organs made a difference.

DebRN
08-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, I have a zoo in my house, although I did grow up on a small farm, so I guess that is why I have so many animals. We have 2 dogs, 2 orange tabby cats, 2 guinae pigs, a fish tank and a rabbit. All live in the house. All the animals except the fish and guinae pigs were from shelters or strays.
Oh and Trudy, animals do lower our Blood pressures and lower our stress levels. We have a pet therapy group of dogs that visit our hospital. I did a paper on this when I was in Nursing School. There are dolphins, cats, hamsters, rabbits and guinae pigs who help with autistic children. There are also horses that help with the balance of children who have cerebral palsy, etc. Animals are so wonderful to have, they give us so much more than we give them, in my opinion. DebRN

linda beyer
08-30-2011, 01:59 AM
trudy, where did you put your pictures. i read the posts but not pictures.

i have a old cat. his name is miller. he started out as my daughters cat. we have had him a good ten years. when she was younger she needed to move back home and of course we said yes but the cat could not come. i wanted a dog. well, the cat came first and then my daughter. when she moved out, she could not take him. he has been with us ever since. i think he is 12 yrs old now. he really is wierd, he loves to smell my socks and shoes. at times he lays on my socks. guess i won't get my dog for a long time.

glittery night owl
08-30-2011, 08:27 AM
DebRN I love learning about which animals do what for us, thank

you so much.

Linda I took it down as i found another one that has all 3 of my babies

I am goig to post.

Is anyone going to post pictures of their babies pretty please????

Thank you,

Trudy

kaybee
08-30-2011, 12:16 PM
We had a little girl in Toledo, this morning saved hers and her pets dogs life this morning by knowing what to do when her house caught on fire. Her dad had already gone to work. Brave little girl and lucky dog.

Kathy N.
09-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Here's my girl Meowllory.

DebRN
09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I have pictures of my dogs, Tippy and Toffee. I will post more pics of the other animals later. DebRN

kaybee
09-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Meowllory, Tippy and Toffee look very sweet. I miss my cats. We also had a cat at the ceramic shop named Gray. He was very independant, but was always around when there were classes or when Mike and I were working in the garage. Miss him, too.

glittery night owl
09-03-2011, 11:03 AM
KathyN. love your babys green eyes,

Trudy

Kathy N.
09-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Where are your girls Trudy?

glittery night owl
09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Gotta find them :eek: If they are in the Kodax file Harold

will have to load them up :D

Trudy

glittery night owl
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Lacie went through a series of laser treatments for her back. I

thought they helped her but took her off bed rest and now she

has trouble walking again. She has a buldging disk.

Maybe I need to put her in bed with me :D when I get out of the

hosp and we both can be on bed rest together :eek: :D

At least Harold will know where to find us :D

Trudy

glittery night owl
02-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Now I know for sure Lacie is free of pain

LACIE
I had a special friend
Who meant alot to me

A true companion, who always there
She was a dog you see

If I poured troubles out to her
She seemed to understand

She licked my hand as if to say
" I help you if I could"

She was so glad when i came home
Her tail would wag with glee

I think she waited all day long
For one small pat from me

She asked for little- and gave me so much
At my feet she would lay

How much I miss her, no one knows
The ache is there each day

Within in my heart i always knew
All good things must end

And i'm grateful for the memories
Sleep well my little friend

Love,
mommy and daddy

Kathy N.
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Can you hear me sniffling. That was a beautiful poem.

cobismom2
02-11-2012, 07:50 AM
I have had dogs most of my life, But during my married life of 34 years....OMG! We have had beagles.....13" little guys,,,did I say "little", Well, technically they are 13". Beagles come in two sizes 13 and 15 inches according to AKC rules., WEEEEELLLL, no one told my boys that they were bigger than a tea cup,,,so they are my lap dogs, Our first beagle was Chipper, gotten for FREE from a backyard breeder, My oldest son was 14 and he picked him out, We got him in a snow / ice storm, because if we didn't come and get him he'd be gone, The human boys had to have him,,,,or at least a dog, we didn't know Chipper was going to be ours, Chipper lived 11 years in the lap of luxury, He turned out to be a "bagel",part beagle, part basset.....but he thought he was a beagle and we never told him his mother was a tart! He passed over the Rainbow Bridge in 2007....of addison's disease, He now sits in a beautiful jar made by a friend of my son's. My hubbie still cries or sheds tears when we talk about Chipper.
I should mention each of our dogs are boys, names after an athlete (preferably soccer player) with the last name of Jones --- it goes with Jacobson whatever,
Our second boy, is Cobi, and we got him from a boss I had at the soccer assoc in Aberdeen when I worked there, His daughter wanted to breed their female once before having her spayed, and because I found the male, I got a puppy, I actually think that he was afraid of getting stuck with 6 puppies, and he knew I was a sucker for beagles,. Cobi is a darling dog, he is 11...we got him after having chipper for 4 years, Beagles are pack animals so they have t have their pack,.. and we wanted two. Cobi is tri colored, male and a sweet heart. He is "my" dog, Did I say he was FREE? He is slowing down now, but give him a treat, and holy beagles, he is as lively as a puppy, He sits now under my feet whenever I am crafting,,,or in the mess when I'm doing something else,
Our third beagle, we got 4 months after Chipper passed, he was about 13 months old, where the others had been pups. Casie came from a breeder/show dog wonderful woman,. He has a bigger sternum bone so he looks kind of like Arnold Schwartzenager (SP) in that manner, so he couldn't be shown, he was defective, But he is a sweet, timid boy and at the time Kris had him, she didn't have the time with 16 other dogs to give him, So a friend who is into dog shows told her about us and how much we "loved" (the real word is spoiled) our dogs and a match was made, Ohm, yes, he was FREE, also. So as long as we didn't let him get fat, had him neutered, and loved him to pieces and sent her pictures every so often...we have the son of two grand champion beagles living with us, Casie is a lover, and a very, very timid beagle, which is not heard of --- timid and beagle don't go together, they are natural hunters. Don't tell my boys...they are afraid of cats, love squirrels.
I am sure this is more than what you wanted.....but get me talking about my boys and it's worse than my kids, Now that my kids are 29, 24 and 21 (my new dil) they all swear I love the dogs more,,,,,but at least the dogs didn't move away from home and never call or write,
Will we get another,,,,well, let's just say, beagles are pack animals, and we're always looking, They have to be tri colored, male and puppies (no more older dogs) and they have to be relatively FREE,. We'd rather pay the vet thank you,

Eph429
02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Here is our 14 year old Cleo. We adopted her at age 11. She is a cuddly sweetheart Calico and the inspiration for my cat stamp purchases.

Kathy N.
02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Susan, Cleo is a cutie. I so love to hear that people adopt adult animals. My Meowllory was 7 when we got her. She's 15 now and I love her as much as my kids.

winsrella
02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
After I had to have Tigerella (16) put to sleep January of 2011, I knew I wanted another cat eventually. I wanted to get a 5 or 6 year old, female, front claws gone. I was going to go to the Shelter and purchase one. I ended up with a two year old male with claws. He was free. He belonged to friends of mine who got new jobs and were not home much any more and were looking for a good home for him. I took care of him at their house while they were gone for a couple weeks. I fell in love with him and the rest is history. He's a great cat. A tiger tabby. I have had him for three months. He settled in so well. They say that neutered males are so much more laid back. I have found this true. When I come back from being gone, as soon as I open the door, he rolls over on his back and wants me to rub his tummy. Now that's real trust. He is a true sweetie. I named him Van Gogh and call him Go-go.

JeanneLee
02-27-2012, 05:05 AM
Trudy, so sorry to hear about Lacie! I know she will be missed.

We lost a dear fur baby this past January. Our beloved cat, Tabby (that came with the house) was not able to walk (due to a tumor). Its one of the hardest things to go through.

Kathy N.
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Jeanne I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Tabby was certainly a beauty.

kaybee
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I am so sirry to hear of everyones pet losses. They really are family members. I am writing this through tears after reading that wonderful, touching porm.

JeanneLee
02-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Thank-you, Kathy. :)

Cobismom2, it is wonderful to hear others fur baby stories! Would love to see a photo of your boys!

Susan, Cleo is beautiful...my first cat was a calico named CC( for calico! ;) )

Trudy, I meant to ask, did you write that poem? It was beautiful!

glittery night owl
03-21-2012, 10:06 AM
No I did not write it, found it in the paper 20 years ago,

Trudy

glittery night owl
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Lacie will always be in my heart and i still miss her so much :o

We have a new puppy her name is Kuddles and she will not

get bigger than 12 pounds. She gets into my craftroom every

day and come running out with something that caught her attention.

I just say Kuddle Bear and she takes off like a shot she knows

she is not suspose to do that.

Anyone else have pets that love your crafting area???

Trudy

Kathy N.
08-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Such a cute puppy.

glittery night owl
08-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Thank you, she is such a handful :D

Trudy