PDA

View Full Version : Unusual cards

Eph429
07-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Hello, I've studied the "never ending card" demos but I can't get the hang of it. I would like to receive one so I could observe how it folds.

kaybee
07-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Never heard of it. What do you do?

glittery night owl
07-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Susan, do you have any more info on it???

Trudy

Kathy N.
07-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Do you have a specific unusual card in mind? Do you have a picture?

Eph429
07-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Do you have a specific unusual card in mind? Do you have a picture?

http://creativeoperation.blogspot.com/2010/08/never-ending-card.html

It took me a long time to encourage myself to make a tri-shutter card. I guess I could do this if I studied this example. It is wonderful by the way and would be a great swap, too.

glittery night owl
07-09-2011, 06:15 AM
I have seen them and jil had sent one to me

They are awsome BUT just to much work for me,

Trudy

loosluck
07-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Hello, I've studied the "never ending card" demos but I can't get the hang of it. I would like to receive one so I could observe how it folds.
Susan do you mean the one in Carol Duval's book. It keeps on turning and turning? If so, I will send you one that I made so you can disect it and make your own version. M

Eph429
07-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Susan do you mean the one in Carol Duval's book. It keeps on turning and turning? If so, I will send you one that I made so you can disect it and make your own version. M

Yes, that's the one. I'll -pm you my address. I appreciate it sooooooooooo much.

loosluck
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
http://creativeoperation.blogspot.com/2010/08/never-ending-card.html

It took me a long time to encourage myself to make a tri-shutter card. I guess I could do this if I studied this example. It is wonderful by the way and would be a great swap, too.

Susan, your card is going in the mail tomorrow morning, I made a new one just for you, feel free to disect it. Instead of glue in the corners, I use eyelets but when you make yours put your bkgd papers on first. There is a copy of the card in my gallery.

Eph429
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Getting up the nerve to make a never ending card. I love yours. It is sturdy and precise. Thank you again for making it for me. It is in a central location in my living room.

glittery night owl
07-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Mary that is so sweet of you to do that for Susan,

Trudy

JulieB.T.
07-29-2011, 07:24 PM
What a darling card Mary! Thanks for the video directions.I WILL try this!

Kathy N.
07-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I just watched the video and I still can't figure it out. I'll stick with stamped jewelry, it's easier.

Eph429
07-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Susan, your card is going in the mail tomorrow morning, I made a new one just for you, feel free to disect it. Instead of glue in the corners, I use eyelets but when you make yours put your bkgd papers on first. There is a copy of the card in my gallery.

Thank you so much for this demo. I had seen another demo that was more complicated but this seems workable. Must pay attention though! Whoever though this up has to be a paper genius.

linda beyer
07-30-2011, 07:04 PM
i think dee made one some time ago. it was the way it was folded that made it a ever ending card. i will look in my books and see if i can find the directions.

kaybee
07-31-2011, 02:15 AM
I think that was one of Carol Duval's projects. It might be in one of her books.

loosluck
07-31-2011, 08:32 AM
i think dee made one some time ago. it was the way it was folded that made it a ever ending card. i will look in my books and see if i can find the directions.

Julie, this did come from the Carol Duval book, I don't know who the original inventor of it was but it sure is fun once you figure it out. M

linda beyer
08-01-2011, 08:00 AM
i found a 2oo5 vsn today and it had several folded cards in it. think i will copy it and send it to a moderator so they can write the directions for you. that is if they want it.
i am not good with writing anything.

loosluck
08-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Linda, I'll do it for you, pm the technique to me. M

AnnetteMay
08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Here's a couple of "altered" cards I did with my cricut... the cards were in a "free box" at a yard sale and weren't really my style, all I wanted was the envie's but they made me take the cards too....then last night I started "playing...parts of the "cut outs I glued in place on the inside of the card (wiggly arrow) and the other - leaf all parts were used - some glued on outside, some on the inside...all of a sudden I kind of LIKE these cards...LOL

loosluck
08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Great card, Annette

Eph429
08-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Here's a couple of "altered" cards I did with my cricut... the cards were in a "free box" at a yard sale and weren't really my style, all I wanted was the envie's but they made me take the cards too....then last night I started "playing...parts of the "cut outs I glued in place on the inside of the card (wiggly arrow) and the other - leaf all parts were used - some glued on outside, some on the inside...all of a sudden I kind of LIKE these cards...LOL

AnnetteMay, These are gorgeous. I am glad you "repurposed" them. I am glad to see some cricut samples, too.

AnnetteMay
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Tonights Cricut "games" involved me using up a BUNCH of CS that I never did like...LOL...all that Bright/Bold colored stuff...I had the cricut cut and envelope from the CS - as big as I could get it (fill to page) then I decorated the inside creating a center pocket for a not, a photo, a recipee....then folded it closed. Attaching something to the "final flap" and then carefully hand cutting the slot (or slots) forthat element to tuck into...Wow - I'm starting to think I have something here - no "envelope" to make - Hummmm...now if only I had more "ugly" paper! LOL

redned
08-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Great job Annette May. And you don't need just 'ugly' paper. Think about the wonderful envelopes you can make with pretty paper.:D

linda beyer
08-02-2011, 04:46 AM
those are great annette. do you think something like that could be done with the big shot?

Kathy N.
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Annette, loved the colors and patterns on the cards you cut out with the Cricut. The leaf is my favorite.

AnnetteMay
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Confessions of a paper hoarder....the pretty stuff I "never" use...it's just too pretty....LOL

AnnetteMay
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Here's a tri-fold card with cricut cut layering...cut and scored card for tri-fold - measured/marked a centerpoint on both flaps - set cricut to centerpoint and moved blade to the mark - ! Tinted the edges of the petals so they were easier to see on the scan. I USED to do these with graduated punches...but this is Ohh so much easier and of course the cuts can be so much more than a circle/square/oval..... Yup - havin' fun now....

yankee
08-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Love the card AnnetteMay, took me a few minutes to figure it out. Is some of the flower layers velumn, cause it looks like I see through the big flower?

glittery night owl
08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Wonderful AnnettMay I am loving it,

Trudy

kaybee
08-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Love the card AnnetteMay. Looks very complicated.

Kathy N.
08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Let me see if I understand this. You have a 3-D flower in the center, a flower cut out on the back panel that gets folded over the 3-D flower and then a larger flower cut out of the front of the card that gets folded over the back panel. Is that right?

AnnetteMay
08-03-2011, 09:23 PM
You got it Kathy....