PDA

View Full Version : Ras*

Daniel
07-11-2011, 09:35 AM
*Random Acts (of) Stamping...

Most of us are familiar with RAKs--where we share something with another person for no particular reason. The 'something' is often a card, but can be materials & such. While some RAKs are anonymous, many 'rakkers' let the person know who's sent it.

RAS is not quite the same, but can be lots of fun for both the stamper & the receiver/viewer.

Let's start with guerrilla stamping. A bit like graffitti 'paint tagging'. You create a piece of stamped art (I use labels) & slap it onto something where folks can see it & enjoy. The 'what' is not as tricky as the 'where' since you don't want to 'deface' property or interfere with a space's use (traffic signs, fire hydrants, etc.)

The other type of RAS--& my personal fave--lets you be really creative in lots of ways. For instance...

'stamped tags': Leave one on the gas pump for the next person to see &/or take. Same for grocery & other stores. Imagine a tag that let's the stock replenisher know that you appreciate their work. Or an 'extra' hang tag on clothing. Get the idea?

How 'bout libraries & churches? Slipping a bookmark or 12 into shelved books that are likely to be circulated soon? Same for hymnals & prayerbooks.

Given our talent for being both stampers & good folks here @ CP, I'm sure there are lots of other RAS ideas. Looking forward to reading them..

Kathy N.
07-11-2011, 10:02 AM
That's a nice idea Daniel. In Curves, we have cubbies to put out purses and outdoor shoes, maybe I'll make a couple of "Have a Great Day" cards and stick them in various cubbies.

glittery night owl
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Daniel love the way your mind :eek: works :D

How about hospitables and put bookmarks in the magazines

Nurses stations leave some cards, waiting rooms things to keep the kids

occupied.

Trudy

Daniel
07-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Daniel love the way your mind :eek: works :D

How about hospitables and put bookmarks in the magazines

Nurses stations leave some cards, waiting rooms things to keep the kids

occupied.

Trudy

LOL, Trudy! Good idea for hospitals & retirement homes & the bookmarks can be so varied--everything from ATC-? style.

Yeah, Kathy! Fill them cubbies! I can remember mom saying that when you give a purse as a gift--as opposed to buying one--you had to put a penny in it. Might be fun to play with that idea.

Also? What about 'tip holders' for money tips @ restaurants?

What's also fun is to decide whether to remain completely anonymous? I kind like the idea of becoming the Random Stamper. Not as swashbuckling as Zorro, but (lately) it's getting harder to buckle my swash.:D

stampwilly
07-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Great ideas! I used to leave some cards for with tips for waitresses and waiters. Will need to pull some out and get started again!

Stampwilly

loosluck
07-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Daniel I love the idea, do you put your name on these little tidbits or just leave themm annonymous. Did anyone ever tell you you can't do it? M Loosy

Diana Jones
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Daniel, I love the idea and some day hope to put it into practice when I have some time to stamp. Wouldn't it be funny to find something we had stamped for a RAS and find it where we didn't leave it? It would come full circle and then we could restart it again!

Daniel
07-12-2011, 07:29 AM
...Did anyone ever tell you you can't do it?

Nope! 'Course I don't ask for permission... 'Sides, with my chutzpah it'd take a brave soul to say 'you can't'--not arrogant; just very confident (when I'm onstage):p

Far as the anonymous? Usually leave my name off most RAS, but depends on the sitch. Kinda fun to be Kilroy every now & then.:D

loosluck
07-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Kilroy it is then.