PDA

View Full Version : Producing backgrounds with inkpads and stamps

andrew overton
07-12-2011, 11:56 AM
how many of us now still use our inkpads and stamps the old way when we did not have embossing stencils ,embossing folders and new machines like the cuttlebug and sizzix and more on the market.
I must admit i still feel i am an old fashioned crafter i still love to produce backgrounds with my inks and stamps and really simply but effective is my aim.
I thought about doing this thread because of the tri colour sponging technique which is simple sponges and inkpads . With the new launch of posh Impressions stamps back by Judikins, are any of you fellow poshies going to use the stamps for backgrounds and go back to older techniques or will you still find it easier to use a cuttlebug, sizzix and stamps and make a project with a background produced by a embossing folder etc. Although their is nothing wrong with these easy performance machines do we really need the older techniques anymore to produce a background.

Eph429
07-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Old doesn't mean outdated. Old, means tried and true. I love the older way of creating backgrounds with stamps.

Kathy N.
07-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I still like to stamp up backgrounds. The embossing folders are great if you just want a designed background, but if you want a background of images you have to stamp them yourself or get a large background stamp. I have a small paw I use to make backgrounds for my cat images.

stampingground
07-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Andrew, I really love stamping my own backgrounds. I do use the cuttlebug as well as other new things, but I think incorporating the stamping in with those new things really works well, too. I love to stamp a pattern and then cuttlebug the piece. It really can make an interesting background.

stampwilly
07-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I am with you, Laela. Many times i forget about old ways of doing things, then when I hear others talk about them and I try them again , they seem new. Yes, we can incorporate the old and new. I like your idea of stamping a background and then die cutting or even embossing it. Will have to try some soon!

Stampwilly

glittery night owl
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
There are so many ways to make your own backround that I

will continue to do such as stippling. Stamp Zia's paints make

great backrounds.

I like to use machines and also my own,

trudy

Daniel
07-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Excellent points & 'Q', Andrew.

One of the things I've always liked about my Posh sets is how many of the images lend themselves to being used for BGs using only ink/paint. My faves are the Asian sets, but the wild animals & circus are fun too. Recently found a forgotten watermark pad. Might be time to use it with some Posh & see what happens...

andrew overton
07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
interesting points everyone so nice to see we still use our stamps and inks to make projects and their is not only me still likes the old ways of producing backgrounds . I still feel i tend to grab a inkpad and stamp rather than pull out a embosing folder or cutting pad ah well may the old ways continue that makes me happy