PDA

View Full Version : crop a dile

Eph429
08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I've had this weighty tool for 3 years now and never played with it. Got the nerve tonight, opened the box and saw all the colored eyelets. I've received cards adorned with them, but for some reason, I've been intimidated until tonight! I discovered how easy it really is. Still haven't figured out all the fancy things the crop a dile does. Any help from experienced crafters out there?

floribar
08-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Hi,
What model do you have? I have the orange one, it's great for punching holes in chipboard.

loosluck
08-02-2011, 04:42 AM
You can put an eyelet in the center and do a round robin card. M

Eph429
08-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi,
What model do you have? I have the orange one, it's great for punching holes in chipboard.

I have the lime green. I wasn't aware of other colors. It is also supposed to do metal. I suppose that is what the sliders on the side are for - various strengths?

glittery night owl
08-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I never used mine either, gave it to DH and he uses it

in the garage. Besides I just do not have the strength for it

either,

Trudy

Diana Jones
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I am kicking myself for not buying the really long reach one at Walmart when I saw them on closeout for $10.00 each in a box. I thought I had something like it in my sewing stuff but sure haven't been able to find it. So sad!!! That is one of the reasons I buy anything I see on sale even if I think I won't need it. Then I take it back after thinking it over a while.

cobismom2
08-04-2011, 07:45 AM
I haven't used mine in so long, and I gave away all my eyelets, because my hands couldn't squeese the tool hard enough to make it work. Maybe I'll have to pick up some eyelets and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion

JeanneLee
08-11-2011, 04:49 AM
I have the BIG Bite Crop-a-dile and love it...got it for $20(local LSS when they were phasing them out!)
I have punched tin cans with it...it is one heavy duty punch!(don't tell your hubbies though they may want to borrow it! ;))

glittery night owl
08-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I gave Harold mine, just to hard for arthic hands to use,

Trudy