PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

kaybee
08-27-2011, 04:45 AM
I tried to find the thread on magazines, but couldn't. I just purchased a digital subscrition to Cardmaker magazine. It is a magazine that I bought on occasion, but not every month. But for $15.97 I could get a year subscription, plus access to the last two years. That's just a little over the cost of two magazines. I probably would have bought two magazine within the next year, so now I don't have to look through and try to decide if I want to buy it.

JulieB.T.
08-27-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm behind the times I guess.I didn't know that they were selling digital magazine subscriptions.Maybe I forgot! I know that they do have digital newspapers though.I dont' like them compared to the paper version.It is just not the same.I hope everything doesn't go that way!

AnnetteMay
08-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Kaybe - What a bargain...and I suppose that if there was a page or two that you really wanted you could print it yourself? This just might be the way to go - I too bought mags for a while but often there would only be 2 or 3 ideas that really caught my eye...I would tear them out and pass on the remaining to other stampers - thatway I did'nt end up with tons of mags/stuff to look thru to get to the stuff that I liked. The only mag that I thouroughly enjoy cover to cover and re-read often is Vamp Stamp News... I keep ALL of them...

Kathy N.
08-27-2011, 09:24 AM
I think most people would like this because it wouldn't take up the space real mags would but not me. I won't ever get an e-reader either because I like the feel of the book or magazine in my hand. Of course, my home is starting to resemble a used book store but oh well.

glittery night owl
08-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I am going that route when mine expire, and there are some i am

not going to get at all. Nothing of interest in there for me anymore

VSN has gone down to nothing. She enlarged the pages and there are like

only 20 pages and most are advertizing or about computer digis

Not worth Harolds hard earned money anymore

Trudy

kaybee
08-28-2011, 09:55 AM
The only one I buy on a regular basis is Scrap and Stamp Arts. I have gone through my old VSN's to save the articles that I want and found very few to save, so I have stopped getting that. Don't get Rubberstampmaddness. I do get Stamp It. Stopped getting Stampers Sampler. Too far out, and pick up Papercrafts every once in a while. If they would go digital, I would get them, too. The only Just magazine I can find is Just Cards. Not even Hobby Lobby has Just Holidays or just Birthdays or Just Invitations. I wish they would go digital, too.

kaybee
09-01-2011, 03:40 AM
I know how many of you feel on this digital subscription thing, but for me , I found another advantage. I can make it bigger and don't have to use my magnifying glass. That's one of the reasons that I would like a Kindle. I do love turning the pages in a book, but if I could read without a magnifying glass, it would be worth it. You don't know what a bother it is.

Kathy N.
09-01-2011, 02:37 PM
My cousin loves books but she went to a Kindle because she couldn't fit another book in her house.

glittery night owl
09-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I am still holding off on a Kindel. Just love the feel of

a good book in my hands,

Trudy

JulieB.T.
09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Never will a fake book be in my hands.The hardness and coldness of it all turns me off.Nothing better than turning pages,dog-earing them, getting them wet and drying them out and smelling that ink!!! It's kind of sad to know that books will not be kept for generations(I have many from my&my parents/g.parets childhood)and of course the artwork!!! When are kids books going to stop being printed? Just does not appeal to me at all!

Diana Jones
09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
I have not taken a stamp magazine subscription but think I would do a digital one some time if I had a working printer; looks like a real advantage.

glittery night owl
09-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I love the magazine I get from Magnolia.

Going to keep that one :D

Trudy

kaybee
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
You know I think we pretty much decided that everyons is fairly tactile and wants to hold their magazines in their hands but what I would really kike to see go digital are the British and Australian magazine. I would even be willing to give up the freebies. They are so expensive by the time they get over here.

kaybee
09-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Also, the advantage for me is to expand the printing so that I can actually read it. Do you know how hard it is to read with a magnifying glass. I am having so much fun being able to make the print bigger. I think I would be willing to give up holding a book in my hands to be able to see the words.

glittery night owl
09-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes they are Kay, but that being said, the upside is that

they make their magazines larger and the print bigger.

I get the Magnolia mag and it is large and has alot of

awsome tutorials in it to :D

Trudy