glittery night owl
08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Are thank you cards becoming a thing of the past???? I have noticed that

people do not seem to do much of that anymore. What are your thoughts on

the subject, lets chat. Thank you,

Trudy

loosluck
08-30-2011, 06:07 PM
I think that with the advent of e-mail, people are forgetting the niceties that we learned as children such as letter writing, thank you cards, birthday cards. It is far more easy to get on Google and jot down a few words and clay your hands and say well! that's done. So sad. M

Diana Jones
08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Trudy and Mary, it would be nice to even get an email of thanks; it seems that many are not courteous enough to do even that. I have a grand daughter who lives with me who wanted to thank me for something and told her Mom because she just doesn't know how to thank anyone really. She has issues I'm afraid. Her older sister gets gifts and doesn't send cards. My sister was really hurt that they didn't send any note of thanks for baby gifts received with the first baby. This time I bought a card from each of them and asked them to please SIGN them so I could send them on to my sister. That worked; of course I didn't tell my sister that I was the one behind those cards.

I like the older idea of sending girls off to finishing school; we need some of that going on for them these days; they don't listen to their Moms.

glittery night owl
08-31-2011, 09:12 AM
My sisters grandkids recived Christmas presents from me 6 years ago and I

never received a thank you, sighhhhhh

If people would like to receive a thank you card then that is their

inner voice saying send one and make the first step :D

Trudy

AnnetteMay
08-31-2011, 03:53 PM
It's the "circles" that you live in I guess...I have continued to be impressed and blessed with hand written thank you notes for baby and bridal showers, weddings etc.....but it could be because I am well known for making cards and giving hand made cards and sending cards ....but then too - it goes to show you that the parents did encourage right behavior while they were growing up...

JulieB.T.
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
I got two thank you cards from my nephews new wife and I was soooo happy to see that she did not forget!

kaybee
09-01-2011, 03:47 AM
I got some money from a man at church and I made him a thank you card. He was so pleased. He said that with all of the money that he has sent Julie, our pastors daughter, down in Mexico, he has never once gotten a thank you card from her. He hasn't just sent to the missionary work, but has sent her money for the children and for persoal items. I have noticed that some girls have not been sending thank yous for wedding presents. My mom didn't understand why I sent thank yous for job interviews. I told her that that was one thing that I learned in school. You always want to thank them for giving you an interview.

glittery night owl
09-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Kay that was so smart of you to send thank you for

job interviews. You will stand out in their minds,

Trudy

Kathy N.
09-01-2011, 02:43 PM
It's just so much easier to call or e-mail someone that to make a card. When the kids at school give me a gift for Christmas, Valentine's Day of end of the school year, I do make and send them thank you cards because little kids love to get mail addressed to them.

glittery night owl
09-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Hopefully you are teaching a new generation to send thank you

cards,

Trudy

glittery night owl
09-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Kay, harold said to tell you thank you so much for his

card, what a thoughtful and kind person you are :D

Trudy

kaybee
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Trudy, I made his card from church bulletins. The verse was from our 9/11 cover.

glittery night owl
09-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you so much Kay, you are so special and such a blessing

to me and others,

Trudy

glittery night owl
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Thought I would bring this thread back

Is anyone doing Thank you cards this year or is it really a thing

of the past with the computer and email and texting?? Lets chat,

thank you,

Trudy

Kathy N.
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
I still like to send real thank you cards. I'm glad I joined the thank you card swap because now I have six cards on hand for when I need them.

yankee
12-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Yes, I send real thank you cards out, mostly to my family. I make plain ones, and I do them way ahead. I did my Christmas thank you cards shortly after I mailed out my birthday ones in July.

glittery night owl
12-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I have 2 that will go into the mail before Wednesday :D

Trudy