09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok I am soooo confused what exactly is the defination

for steampunk??? Seems to be the rage at the moment

but do not understand what guildlines it falls under to

be called that. Thank you for your help,

Trudy

stampwilly
09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
I just got back from a convention this past weekend and I asked them this question. This is what they said in a nutshell. It is the past looking into the future ( imagining what the future might look like) Thus the wacky machines and Victorian look, etc. Hope this helps.

Stampwilly

www.stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com

judikins
09-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh that's a good definition. I also saw that Steampunk was defined as "Industrial Victorian". This is why colors tend to be darker (think of charcoal burning in the 1800's) with gears, and machinery. The Victorian side adds the florals, lace, swirls and flourishes. Many artists have added the element of whimsical and sci-fi, thus things with wings and combinations of parts and pieces that wouldn't normally go together. But the main thing is machinery with feminine flourishes. :) Judi

kaybee
09-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Both explanations help explain it. It is interesting, but not my style, now that I know what the definition is.

Kathy N.
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I associate it with a lot of metallic colors like bronze, brass and gunmetal too.

Diana Jones
09-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the definition, I've never heard of it before but after reading I know I have seen it or think I have. :)

Meowcats
09-30-2011, 12:19 PM
now i know, too :-) Sometimes, you see the word, and don't understand it but let go, and this was one of them from my Recent list! lol. thanks, now i know :-)

Daniel
12-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Back a couple of months, I did a steampunk card for a friend. She sent me a scan to save on my puter.

Since it has no Posh or Judikins images, I can't put it in my gallery here, but I will do a link if you care to see the piece...

Going to see what I can find in my posh & look @ judi's stamps to see if there are any candidates for steampunking...:Dhttp://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?gallery=3&cmd=display&layout_id=1788973

Kathy N.
12-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Great card Daniel. The lampshades make a great hot air balloon. Love the upside sewing machine too.

stampwilly
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Great job, Daniel! An excellent Steampunk example!

Stampwilly

glittery night owl
01-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Great card but could not get it to stop flying across the page,

did this happen to anyone else????

Trudy

kaybee
01-29-2012, 02:44 AM
Great cards, Daniel. Glad to see you've got the Pin it key.