PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhh ladies...and gents!

JulieB.T.
10-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Hobby Lobby is to open in the town next to me on October 7th and four more in the next month , so then we will have 6 total in our lovely state of California! Yee Haw, Mountain Dew, Holy Moly and all that good stuff! I will let you all know about my experience there on opening day!

cardmaker
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
You are so lucky, Julie! We don't have that chain here. Be prepared to line up early before the doors open and stick your elbows out to ward off the crush of shoppers!!! LOL
Janet

kaybee
10-04-2011, 04:34 AM
Oh, how great for you. When we didn't have a HL here, I kept e-mailing them and telling them that Toledo would be a great place for one. I just kept pestering them. You are going to love having such a wonderful store near you. It's also relaxing to shop there because the music they play is religious. You find yourself humming down the aisles.

Kathy N.
10-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Wish I had one in Jersey. We have to drive an hour to Easton, PA. It's not so bad this time of year though. With all the leaves starting to change it will be a gorgeous ride on
I-78.

JulieB.T.
10-04-2011, 10:00 AM
You say they play relgious music in the store?? This will be interesting! Modesto is a pretty conservative town on average but I think there is only one other store that plays religious music and that is a RELIGIOUS store :) That will be VERY nice to hear other than oldies!! And Janet, I will find some football pads to wear on opening day! How about if I just walk a little faster than normal Kay? Don't want to fall with my ankle that has pins and plates in it ;). I will give you all a run down after I return home! This is fun, I will be like a reporter for Posh News!!

glittery night owl
10-04-2011, 02:44 PM
They sure do and it is so peasceful when I go in,

Trudy

Diana Jones
10-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I talked to one of the employees that was about to enter and she said next Monday, which is Oct 10th. I wonder which it is. I don't think I want to be there on opening day unless there are to be some absolutely fantastic sales. I don't want to spend any more money as I spent alot on vacationing and had better cool it for a long while. I am so wanting to go and support them but don't want to be trampled either. I do want to see what they offer but don't think I can trust myself not to go ape!

JulieB.T.
10-05-2011, 07:58 AM
I read on their site that they were opening on the 7th, but I bet the employee is correct.I am sure the local paper will let us know the day before. Oh, I never thought about being trampled Diana :o!! Looking forward to it no matter WHAT day:)....just read online for the local paper that H.L. is opening on the 10th so you were right Diana:) ...but if it opens secretly on the 7th I will be ready!!

Kathy N.
10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
HL has a great jewelry department. Lots and lots of paper pads too. I wasn't overly impressed with their stamp department though. If you like stickers, be prepared to go nuts. They have really good sales too. Funny, I never noticed the background music. I guess my head was too busy buzzing with all the cool stuff on sale.

winsrella
10-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Yes, they do play religious or contemporary Christian music. Unless you recognize the music, you'd never know what it was, as it is instrumental. I enjoy the music when I am in there. I really like Hobby Lobby.

glittery night owl
10-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I am getting really picky about what i pick up now. But I do

believe they will be running coupons from now through Christmas

Trudy

kaybee
10-06-2011, 04:36 AM
They always have a huge Christmas department and are already running 50% off sales on ornaments and decorations. They have all kinds of things from wood to florals to fabric to jewelry to ribbon to Cuttlebug and Nesties to model cars to all kinds of kids crafts to scrapbooking supplies. The stores are huge. The company is owned by a company that also has religious book stores. They are a Christ centered company.

glittery night owl
10-06-2011, 09:47 PM
I need a few things to add to my Christmas cards. harold is

taking me there tomorrow evening

Trudy

JulieB.T.
10-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Re: Hobby Lobby.......AND, they are closed on Sundays!! They also explained their choice of music.It sounds good! I remember when stores began to stay open on Sundays.I was sooo upset! I thought Sunday should be for families.It still doesn't feel quite right to me to shop on Sundays so I very seldom do. It does make it a bit harder for those that only have Sat. and Sunday off though. I wish them well and hopefully, they don't run out Michael's.

JulieB.T.
10-07-2011, 08:53 AM
HOLY MOLY Poshies!! Hobby Lobby just sent me an email saying they are open RIGHT NOW!!! I am off as soon as I shower! Diana , come meet me there:)

kaybee
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Julie, You Go Girl! Let us know what you bought.

JulieB.T.
10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I went, I bought, I'm exhausted!!! Oh my, what a shoppipng trip:) Well, when I first went in, it took me awhile to calm down.Had to do lots of deep breathing! I found/bought ;) goodies galore, including wooden stamps,watercolor paper,a rustic deep glazed turquoise jar with lid,a beginner Tandy Leather Making Kit(40% off coupon)the clear glaze stuff you put on your embellishments, crackle glaze, large layered paper letters to decoupage,watercolor pencils,teeny cookie cutters that are used for Fimo clay artwork(I'm going to use them with the Melting Pot beads)a mini book light 4 reading,a wood recipe rubber stamp, a set of alphabet and #1-10 1" wooden stamps,a wooden birdie sitting on an almond branch(we grow almonds-oops, they are cherry blossoms)stamp,6 white felt-stuffed snowmen to decorate with embellishments incl. and a set of wooden calendar stamps (numbers and months).ALSO, 3 Tim Holtz King,Queen and Jack card embossing folders(they came together) with a foam thingie maybe to help with rubbing if you don't have a machine?,a mini 4" paper trimmer, and a sponge(with holes in it) in the shape of a tall mushroom with a black handle that I can ink up and use on my cards. And of course a couple of Fall candles and bead scented pot pourri(sp?) along with wax resist crayons.That's most of it!!! No music as the speakers weren't working yet(I found out later there was a leak in the roof which shut off the source) They had material that I just whizzed by but will check out next week! They have a really good arts and crafts section.Not tons of stamps, but enough AND there were Copic Markers for sale for 6.99 so I will wait to purchase with a coupon.Lots of colors to choose from though.Very nice people,affordable interior decorating items,and the leather making section I was thrilled with.We used to have a Tandy store about 20 years ago but it left town.I bought lots of sets for leather work at a yard sale years ago and have kept them! I'm going to start with a key chain first! So, my trip was everything I thought it would be and a bit more! I think Michael's will still do fine.They are a little different than H.L. Oh, I also bought three Sew Easy Stitch Piercers that I have never seen before.They pierce the paper and then you can stitch with your threads(I have a collection of embroidery threads).That will be fun to use! I am pooped!! I'm going to go check out the leather kit. I hope that I left something for you Diana;) Lots of things were 40-50% off so that was great! Ready to go back again:)...I re-read this and hopefully corrected the mistakes! I tried out the watercolor pencils with the waterbrush I already had and really like them! I think I will sleep well tonight.This is the most exercise I have had in a long time!! LOL

Kathy N.
10-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Wow, Julie, I think you single handedly just gave a boost to our economy. Have fun with all your goodies.

kaybee
10-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Julie, I know that feeling of trying to take it all in. It's overwhelming. Sounds like you settled doen to shop, though. Prez Obama should send you a thank you note.LOL

Kathy N.
10-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Julie did you see the embossing folders by Paper Studio? They have some nice designs that are different from Sizzix and Cuttlebug.

Diana Jones
10-08-2011, 10:55 PM
I drove by Fri like I said I would while I was working and didn't go at all. I don't trust myself to just LOOK and not spend any money. I had a nice gift from my hubby Fri evening he brought me a whole bunch of stuff he bought at a garage sale for $10.00. He made out like a bandit therefore so did I. I have been shopping locally and decided to stay out of the stores until I pay down my card. I love a sale but it isn't on sale if you have to charge it so I decided to wait to visit Hobby Lobby until I can buy cash and therefore no guilt involved.

Julie, I don't feel so bad because you bought enough to let them know that we are really glad they opened in Modesto! :) I will let them know later.

JulieB.T.
10-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Hey Diana:) I was wondering when you were going to check in!! It sounds like I bought alot, but they were mostly little things ,so it doesn't REALLY look like I did:) Last night I was playing with the watercolor pencils that I bought.I really love them!! I love how the colors blend.My husband even made a nice comment about my coloring :o Oh, Diana, you are VERY lucky that your husband buys goodies for you! If only that were true with mine!! After I came home with my haul last week from a yard sale, he said, "How much can you sell them for?" What???? As you can see, he is just not into it at ALL!! Maybe if I made him a card once a week , he would be more positive about my hobby!

kaybee
10-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Julie, what kind of watercolor pencils did you get that you like so well? Sell? No way.