PDA

View Full Version : Judi's Question

kaybee
10-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Judi asked a question in her newslaetter. "What would you do if you had a free weekend". Well, I am looking toward having a stamping day. The only thing is that I've gotten so much cool stuff lately, that I don't know where to begin. I want to play with my 1 copic and my Touch pens, I want to make rosettes, I want to make Dahlias, I want to work on my COTM and birthday cards and my embellishments and play with my newMS punche and my new Nesties. EEEEK. I also got some MS glitter glue, so I want to do a couple of Holly Berry House Medallions So much fun, so little time.

kaybee
10-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd say with all of the stuff Julie got at Hobby Lobby,yeterday, that she is having a tough time deciding what to do first, too.

Kathy N.
10-08-2011, 02:39 PM
If nothing else, I want to get my ATC done today.

yankee
10-09-2011, 11:13 AM
I know what I would do, I did it last weekend. Crafts, crafts, more crafts! Learned how to do spirelli, made a ton of cards (fronts only, need to deceide what they are going to be used for) made a huge mess, loved every moment.

kaybee
10-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I love spirelli.. Glad you had fun!

Kathy N.
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I love spirelli too. I did manage to get my ATC done this weekend.

stampwilly
10-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I would get together with my stamping friends and rent a place for the weekend, stamp, eat and have fun girl time! We have done this before and had a great time!

Stampwilly

www.stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com

JulieB.T.
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I, Julie, with all of the Hobby Lobby goodies;) , would REALLY like to clean up and organize my guest/craft room once and for all!!! Also, my garage and guest room upstairs. Maybe if I stopped going to places like Hobby Lobby the rooms WOULD be organized!! How did this happen? twenty years ago, I had hardly anything! Time to donate to the local Com.Sharing program! You all don't want to hear the amount of time I waste. I'll blame it on my ADHD!!

kaybee
10-10-2011, 08:01 AM
A girls weekend sounds like fun. All of my staming friends in this area stopped stamping. My friend Judy used to buy out every store we went to and then she just stopped. Sold all of her supplies. I got some great stamps and paper cheap, but now I have no one to go on stamping trips and to conventions with. We used to do the garage sales at Stamplistic and Srampeddler, and go to Novi and Cleveland/Akron every year. And I even got to go to Cinci a couple of times. That is where I met Dee one year. My other very good frien that I would go to her house for stamp days, passed away. Luckily Judy and I spent the day with her on a staming outing about two weeks before she died. We had a ball that day.

loosluck
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
My life has been so hectic lately that I would find some great cardmaking and quilting magazines and stay in bed and read all weekend. Of course, I would have to have someone cooking for me with lot's of goodies too. M

kaybee
10-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a good plan, Mary

judikins
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Not to brag or anything like that BUT, OMGosh...I actually got stuff accomplished over my "what to do when you're not expecting a free weekend" weekend. I finished my Oct COTM, Oct ATC, and (drum roll please...) I made, I repeat MADE the embellishments for our Embellishment Swap!! If my arm were longer I could really pat myself on the back!! I'm so happy. It was in the mail box today, but I forgot the USPS is on a holiday so I suppose everything will be on its way tomorrow. Yippee!!

stampingground
10-15-2011, 06:46 PM
If I EVER get a free weekend, I think I'll sleep through half of it and then stamp ANYTHING the other half!! Wishful thinking. Glad you had a free one, Judi!

Diana Jones
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm too scatterbrained right now to get anything accomplished with a free weekend. Actually, most of my weekends are free except for garage sale hunting a good part of Sat morn and hopefully church on Sunday morn. There is laundry to do and then I don't accomplish much else. I'm just too frazzled to get all my ducks in a row. I do dishes alot on the weekends because my DH cooks and I clean up after us all. That is our contribution to the weekend mealtimes besides providing the foods that are cooked too.

I feel like a rat in a maze sometimes or a hampster in one of those little plastic clear balls running around the floor bumping into things and then changing directions. Don't mind me, I'm just tired after driving all day (I dodge other vehicles for a living). Well, that is how I would describe most days.

gingerbaby
10-19-2011, 09:25 AM
If I ever had a free weekend I would nap on and off all day, listen to music and work on my card making, trying to learn new tecniques.:p
gingerbaby

Kathy N.
10-20-2011, 09:56 AM
I need a free weekend to catch up on all the posts I missed while in Arizona.

Diana Jones
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
We are still waiting for baby boy "Drake" to be born. Each day we think it will "Be the Day!" Amber is fully dialated and having sharp pains across the belly but won't time them. Well just as I typed that her Mom walked over and told my son she wants to go to the hospital. They pains are really sharp and all over so it's hard to time but she thinks they are 2 mins apart. Yipee, I hope this is it. I have to go to bed shortly so I can't go because I have to drive others to work in the early morn at 4am.

I just found out I'm possibly getting a new rider in Oakdale so I will have to get up about 2:30 and be to work at 3:30. I am not looking forward to it especially the extra distance in the soon to arrive fog.

I'll let you know about the birth tomorrow if it happens tonight or early tomorrow. :)

DebRN
10-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I would love a free weekend where I don't worry about anything other than what technique or color paper I should use for my cards! DebRN

kaybee
10-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Diana, what kind of driving do you do? I take it there has not been a baby yet.

Diana Jones
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
No baby yet, I thought she was dialated but she is not and her contractions are not close now. I think she is so upset now that she will wait too long and have the baby at home trying not to get to the hospital and be sent home again.

I have a class B license and drive either a small bus or my usual large commuter van to pick up our developementally disabled adults at their homes and deliver them to work. I make two runs to the rest stops to deliver workers and take the first shift home or to the transit station. Someone else takes the second shift home.

I have also been delivering food to 3 sites where senior can come and get a meal. On Wed and Fridays I also drive a small bus and pick up Special Olympic bowlers at 2 sites and deliver them to a bowling alley here in town.

My first two great-grand children are here from Fri evening to Tues and they are so much fun. I watched them today when others went shopping for a couple hours and it was a nice time of bonding expecially with the 5month old little girl. Her older brother is lots of fun because he is 2 1/2 and plays and talks and keeps us entertained all the time.

I'll keep you all posted on the baby arrival that is for sure!

Hugs,
Diana