PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Stamping Resolutions

Kathy N.
12-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Well Poshies, another year is down the tubes and of course I didn't do or learn all the stuff I wanted to. Does anyone have any stamp related resolutions for 2012? Here are mine which I probably won't keep.

1. Have my Christmas cards done by November. (ha ha)
2. Keep my stamp spending lower than the national debt. (ho ho)
3. Try to lose weight. Yes that is stamping related because everytime I want to put food in my mouth I'll stamp a Christmas card and then I can kill two birds with one stone although I would never kill a bird.

cardmaker
12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
1. One of my resolutions is the same as your #2, Kathy N.

2.Next I want to try at least ONE technique from all the videos I've
dowloaded.

3.Clean up my stamp room again, and discover stuff I forgot I had

4.Use some of the stamps that have never seen a stamp pad

5. Use some of the stamp pads that have never been opened

6. Use some Nestibilities that have never cut a shape

7. That's enough already! :eek: I could go on and on but don't want to use up all the space in this forum. :D

Janet

Daniel
12-31-2011, 06:51 AM
I tend to eschew (love that word!) New Year's resolutions--stamping &/or other--but I actually have decided to try doing more finished stamp pieces...

All too often I concentrate on testing out an idea without actually using it in a completed project.:p

Happy 2012 fellow Poshies!:D

AnnetteMay
12-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Stamp MORE....and send out ALL the cards I stamp (either as entry's into mags /contests or to actuall people - aka birthdays and christmas and secret sister...)

JulieB.T.
12-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Clean/re-design my craft room!!

loosluck
01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
my 2 resolutions are:
a) not to get sick in 2012-stamp related because when I am sick I can't stamp
b) to make at least 2 Christmas cards each week so that I can save Nov. and Dec. for packing the Christmas Swap

winsrella
01-05-2012, 06:33 AM
I like the two Christmas cards a week idea. My problem with that is I have to decide what I want to do and design it. . .and who knows I may get a different idea in September. I think the two a week would work for me if I started in September and made twenty a month. Mine got done this year, but didn't go out till Dec. 23. I've made my cards for the last forty years. When I started, I would draw them. That was back in the seventies. Then I graduated to stamping in the nineties. Many were stamped and drawn. Some even had photos and stamping. Even when I was in the third grade (back before dirt, water, and whiteout), Dad let me do a lineolium (sp?) blockprint. I even cut it out myself. What was he thinking?? Did not cut myself. I still have the block. I'm thinking about doing something with that and stamping. I guess I come by hand made cards honestly. Mom and Dad always made theirs since 1936. Dad always did the block print and printed it and Mom wrote the poesm As a child, I can recall block prints all over the dining room table, kitchen counters, and elsewhere drying. That was before water based Speedball ink. Aaah, memories.

I also intend to try new ideas this year. I also want to use stamps that I have had forever and have never seen an ink pad. I also intend to clean my stamp room. . .again. I did clean under my table last night. That's an accomplishment. Gotta go. Have to purchase my license plate and renew my drivers license. Fun!

JulieB.T.
01-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh, another REALLY BIG one is to go through all of my Tupperware and donate what I REALLY dont' NEED!!! Over the years, Tupperware has become a bit addictive for me I do believe! New colors, new cute little items,new sets of bowls and so on! As I am getting older :{ I don't cook as much so I don't need as much , but others do so I will donate to them:)

glittery night owl
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Play with some stamps that have not seen ink

Trudy