PDA

View Full Version : Shows and Shops 2012

judikins
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
The first show of the year is in Grapevine, TX this weekend Jan 8 & 9 (http://www.heirloompro.com/shows2010/shows-grapevine-01-07-2012.html). JudiKins will be there with over 100 new demo cards, non-stop technique demonstrations and the Posh Impressions rubber stamps made by Judikins.

Kathy N.
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Is anybody going to Grapevine? I know Trudy can't make it. How about you Laela? If no Poshies can make it, we're counting on you Judi to give us a report on how things went.

gingerbaby
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I would love to but can't.:(
hugs,
gingerbaby

Kathy N.
01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Good luck this weekend Judi. Hope you sell lots of stuff and reel in a lot more members for the club.

Kathy N.
01-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Did anybody get to the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Houston, Texas this weekend?

Daniel
01-23-2012, 06:40 AM
I checked the CHA Winter Show's exhibitor directory & see that Judikins is doing the show.

Best wishes to Judi & company for a great show. :)

Kathy N.
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I would love to go to CHA. The owners of the craft store I worked in used to go every year. It was their vacation.

redned
01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
And one year when HGTV was telecasting it, I saw them!

glittery night owl
01-28-2012, 05:43 PM
I diid not know there was one in Jan. Maybe next year as it

is only 4 hours away :D

Trudy

Kathy N.
02-03-2012, 02:46 PM
This weekend is the Heirloom Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival in Lawrenceville, Georgia.

winsrella
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I always go to Stampaway in Cincinnati. It's a good one. It's in August.

Kathy N.
02-08-2012, 02:47 PM
This Saturday is StampFest By the Bay in Clearwater, Florida.

Kathy N.
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
There are two shows this weekend.

Feb. 18 The Original Stamp Convention, San Jose, California

Feb. 18 & 19 StampScrapArtTour, Columbia, South Carolina

Are any of our South Carolina ladies going?

loosluck
02-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi Kathy, I'm going! hope toever see some new things out but this show is usually small. I'll let everyone know how much I spent on Sunday, this is the first time I'm going anywhere since my daughter went to the hospital. Should be fun. M

kaybee
02-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Stampaway is a great show. I went 3 times in the 90's. That's where I met Dee.

loosluck
02-19-2012, 04:17 AM
I did get to go to the StampScrapArtShow this weekend. I had a good time and spent a little money but the vendors I like were not there. A lot of Spellbinders and accessories. The showstopper was as usual Just for Fun stamps, which I bought several. After we spent all our money there we went to AC Morre and Hobby Lobby and spent some more. It was a fun day away from all the worries here at home. M

Kathy N.
02-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Glad you had a good day of shopping Mary. Did you see anything new at the show?

PGI
02-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I went to the Lawrenceville Heirloom show. It was a little smaller this year and only a couple of vendors did make-and-takes. One was free and the other you had to buy $30 of product or pay $4 to do. Other than the lack of make-and-takes, it was a good show. LOTS of card samples to take pictures of. I won a sampler from Marco's Paper. It has pencils, markers and a gelato in it. I have to learn how to use them.

Our Daily Bread stamps had a booth there this year. I hope they come back again. When I asked if I could take pictures of their sample cards, I was told that I could but they were all in the catalog as well. The catalog was $15 on its own or $10 if you bought something else with it. I bought some stamps and the catalog. I knew the pictures in the catalog were better than the ones I would take and it was worth it for the clarity and multitude of ideas in one spot. I still took about 75 pictures of cards from other vendors.

Kathy N.
02-24-2012, 05:33 AM
The show I go to in Allentown is an Heirloom show. They usually have an ATC contest. Did you enter it Pam?

I don't see any listing for stamp shows for this weekend, if anyone knows of any, please post them here.

judikins
03-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi Everyone. JudiKins will be in Mesa, AZ this weekend!!!

Kathy N.
03-02-2012, 10:05 AM
If you're not in the Mesa, AZ, area, there is also a show in Indianapolis, Indiana.

yankee
03-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I went to the show in Mesa with my daughter. I didn't go over my limit, but I set it really high. I saw Judikins, but she was really busy, and I am not going to interrupt while she is trying to make a living. I did spend a third of my cash in her booth, but didn't talk to her. She doesn't look a year older.
Last year, or maybe two years ago, I went on the second day near closing and talked to her. She is the one who encourage me to learn how to post the art on the computer. Otherwise I would still be going "well I can't join any swaps course I can not post them!"

yankee
03-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Anyway lots of stuff there for the different machines. Not as many demos. I didn't see anything new to me. And there were a couple vendors not there.

Kathy N.
03-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Sheila I'm sure Judi would have loved for you to say hi. What stamps did you buy?

JulieB.T.
03-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Lucky you PGI!! Greg who owns Marco's is THE nicest man! Love all of his pics of the conventions that he goes to.Maybe I will get to see your picture as sometimes he takes pics of the "winners" at his booth.Have fun with your goodies!

Kathy N.
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Lots of shows this weekend.

1. The Original Stamp Convention - Carson, California
2. StampScrapArtTour - Rockford, Illinois
3. Rubber Stamp Events - Albuquerque, New Mexico
4. Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo - Las Vegas, Nevada

Hope some of you Poshies get to go to them.

Kathy N.
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Didn't anybody get to any of the shows this past weekend? I thought at least some of your California girls would have made it to the Carson show.

JulieB.T.
03-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I would have liked to go, but it is about 8 hours below me:{ Two hours to drive is about my limit.Plus, my hubby won't come along for the ride. You ladies are sooo lucky to have your husbands come with you to these conventions!

Kathy N.
03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
One show that I know of this weekend in Tucson, Arizona, The Rubber Stamp and ScrapBook Expo.

JulieB.T.
03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I wonder if our Posh friend Judy C. is going to be there? I miss her and her artwork ! She made such elegant cards~very detailed too.

glittery night owl
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Is the Las Vegas the really big show??

Trudy

Kathy N.
03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Several shows this weekend.

Memories ScrapBook Expo in Columbus, Ohio
Rubberstamp and ScrapBook Expo in Glendale, AZ
Heirlooms Rubberstamp and Paper Arts Festival in Portland, Oregon

Hope some of you Poshies get to go. Don't we have Poshies in Ohio?

Kathy N.
03-28-2012, 02:16 PM
There are three more shows coming up this weekend.

Rubber Stamp Events, Reno Nevada
Stamping by the Sea Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Convention, Ocean City, MD
Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo, Denver Colorado

Kathy N.
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
There are no shows this weekend that I know of. Hope everyone enjoys their Easter or Passover.

Kathy N.
04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Two shows this weekend:

1. Sat., April 14, The Original Stamp Convention, Sacramento, CA

2. Sat., April 14 and Sun., April 15, Heirloom's Stamp and Paper Arts Festival, Allentown, PA

Redned and I will be at the Allentown show.

Kathy N.
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Redned and I went to the stamp show in Allentown, PA, yesterday. I think the trend is definitely towards cutting dies and embossing folders. There are lots of different companies producing them too. Darice has a nice line of embossing folders. Saw lots of different cutting dies from lots of different companies too and I bought lots of them. I bought one of the Spellbinder double sided embossing folders and will review it when I try it out. A lot of companies were getting dies made to fit some of their stamps. Stamps were available in wood mounted, cling foam mounted, totally unmounted and in clear. There weren't as many clear stamps as there were a couple of years ago.

I used to buy a lot of cardstock from The Paper Cut and Marco's but I didn't this year because I thought the prices were outrageously high and there weren't really any show specials. Bought some cute brads from The Eyelet Outlet.

Copics were all over but I couldn't find any Spectrum Noir pens.

Except for dies and embossing folders, nothing really jumped out and grabbed me. I thought some of the companies were charging a lot for their unmounted stamps. If I'm going to pay over $10.00 for a stamp, I want a wood mount under it.

DebRN
04-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the information of what was at the stamping convention. I am going to the Adventures in Stamping in Akron, OH this coming Saturday. I will let you know what I find there. I am with you, used to be that unmounted stamps were alot cheaper than mounted. If they are just as much as a mounted, then why buy the unmounted one? I am anxious to see what kind of cutting dies, etc that are out there. DebRN

Kathy N.
04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Have fun Debbie and let us know what's new in Ohio. There will probably be a lot of different vendors that what we had in Pennsylvania.

Kathy N.
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
This weekend is Adventures in Stamping in Akron, Ohio. I know DebRN will be there. Hope some other Poshies can get there too.

Eph429
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Redned and I went to the stamp show in Allentown, PA, yesterday. I think the trend is definitely towards cutting dies and embossing folders. There are lots of different companies producing them too. Darice has a nice line of embossing folders. Saw lots of different cutting dies from lots of different companies too and I bought lots of them. I bought one of the Spellbinder double sided embossing folders and will review it when I try it out. A lot of companies were getting dies made to fit some of their stamps. Stamps were available in wood mounted, cling foam mounted, totally unmounted and in clear. There weren't as many clear stamps as there were a couple of years ago.

I used to buy a lot of cardstock from The Paper Cut and Marco's but I didn't this year because I thought the prices were outrageously high and there weren't really any show specials. Bought some cute brads from The Eyelet Outlet.

Copics were all over but I couldn't find any Spectrum Noir pens.

Except for dies and embossing folders, nothing really jumped out and grabbed me. I thought some of the companies were charging a lot for their unmounted stamps. If I'm going to pay over $10.00 for a stamp, I want a wood mount under it.

Thanks so much for your review!

DebRN
05-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Well, I went to Adventures in Stamping convention last weekend. I only bought 2 stamps, some acrylic pages to go into a binder for my unmounted stamps, a bamboo embossing folder and some oriental gold and silver stickers.
There were a lot of embossing folders and diecuts. To be honest, I didn't find anything new or excitable.:rolleyes: I do have to say that, as we are all finding, the stamping conventions are smaller than they were about 10 years ago. I even overheard quite a few people commenting on this as well. Maybe, I need to get out of my state of Ohio and attend other conventions. Road trip, anyone?;) DebRN

Kathy N.
05-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Debbie is that bamboo folder by Darice? If so, that's the one I bought at the Allentown show and I love it. I've used it several times already. I also bought gold and silver outline stickers. It looks like we have the same tastes.

DebRN
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes, it is by Darice and I did get some stickers like you did as well as Asian themed. Well, you know what they say, "Great minds think alike" ;) DebRN

Kathy N.
05-11-2012, 02:13 PM
There are two shows this weekend. What better gift to give mom than a trip to a stamp show? I'd rather have that than dinner.

Rocky Mountain Rubber Hi, Loveland, CO

Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo, Spokane, WA

Kathy N.
05-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I found another show for this weekend.

StampScrapArtTour, Fitchburg, MA

Kathy N.
05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
One show this weekend, Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Kathy N.
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
There an Heirloom stamp show this weekend in West Springfield, MA.

Kathy N.
06-06-2012, 02:28 PM
This weekend is the StampScrapArtTour in Oaks, PA.

Kathy N.
06-15-2012, 05:21 AM
I didn't see any shows for this weekend. If anyone knows of any, please post it.

Kathy N.
06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
This weekend is the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Chantilly, VA.

Kathy N.
06-27-2012, 02:18 PM
There is one show that I know of this weekend and redned and I will be at it. It's the Scrapbook Expo at the Garden State Exhibit & Convention Center in Somerset, NJ.

Ceramics, it's a good show if you get a chance to get there. It's Friday and Saturday.

Kathy N.
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM
I had a great time at the Scrapbook Expo on Friday. Got lots of embellishments, stickers, bling, lots and lots of bling for $1.00 a package, some clear stamps and Sizzix dies. There were a lot of dollar deals and I took advantage of them. Like all shows, you have to know your prices. Some vendors were practically giving stuff away, while others charged more than I could get things at AC Moore or Michaels. It was hot and crowded and we were on a time schedule, but I had fun and got some nice things. I separated from redned and my cousin Nancy (yes there really is a Nancy in my family) but they also got stuff they were happy with. A good time was had by all.

Kathy N.
07-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Shows this weekend.

StampScrapArtTour - Pittsburgh, PA
Heirloom's Grapevine Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts - Grapevine, TX
Original Stamp Convention - Carson, CA
Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo - Loveland, CO

redned
07-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Speaking of great deals, Kathy and I each got a two pack set of Sizzix dies. There were 3 medium size Sizzlits dies in each of the two packs. Total cost = $10.;)

I just found those same sets of dies on the Sizzix site; they're new releases, and retail for $19.99 per pack.

Do the math - we got the dies for 75% off. Not too shabby!:D

And Kathy was mad at me for making her look through the bins.:confused:

Nedra

winsrella
07-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Stampaway in in Cincinnati August 5. Sharonville Convention Center. It is a good show.

Kathy N.
07-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Nedra that's because telling me there are clearnace bins is like waving a red cape in front of a bull. I can't pass up a bargain whether I need the bargain or not. I found that the Scrapbook Expo and a lot more bargains than the stamp show in Allentown did.

Kathy N.
07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
This weekend's shows:

Rubber Stamp Events, Kansas City, Missouri
Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, Colorodo Springs, Colorado
StampScrapArtTour, Winston Salem, North Carolina

kaybee
07-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Novi, Mich is Aug 11 and 12. I know that Our Daily Bread will be there and Marco's Paper will also. I'm sure Gary Burlin will be there.

kaybee
07-23-2012, 08:12 AM
I just saw a list for Novi and Judikins is listed. I hope that's true.

Kathy N.
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
This weekend if the Rubber Stamp Events in Bloomington, Minnesota.

winsrella
07-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Stampaway is in Cincinnati this weekend at the Sharonville Convention Cntr.

Kathy N.
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Are you going Ann? If you do, let us know if you see anything new and exciting.

winsrella
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
No, not this year. Instead, the following weekend I am going up to Toledo, stay with Kaybee, and we are both going to the Novi (Detroit area) show. I'd love to go to Cincy, but can afford to go to one. Appearently, this one is bigger than Cincinnati. Looking forward to meeting Kay and getting some new stamping stuff. I spend enough throughout the year at Stamp Your Art Out, the store that sponsors Stampaway. Toledo is only about four hrs. up I-75 and then an hour to Novi. I think we will have a great time.

glittery night owl
07-31-2012, 07:38 PM
I can not wait till Jan and see Judi, it would be pretty

AWSOME if Our Daily Bread was there to. Love their stamps as well>

Trudy

Kathy N.
08-01-2012, 09:27 AM
This weekend is Stampaway USA in Cincinnati, Ohio. Our own stampwilly will be going. Have a great time April and report back on any new toys.

kaybee
08-02-2012, 06:25 AM
I am so looking forward to Novi. It will be my first time since my stroke in 2003. I am so looking forward to meeting Ann and going to the show. I have been looking at the exhibitors list and I see someone will have Memory Box dies. I want the size A Cardmaker die from Spellbinders. Of course, I will go to Our Daily Bread Designs and if the list is correct, Judikins. I'm hoping someone has gelatos. Oh, such fun. We will be going to church on Sunday. I am excited for Ann to meet my parents and my Pastor.

Kathy N.
08-11-2012, 09:36 AM
I hope Kay and Ann are having a good time at the Heirloom show in Nove, Michigan. Can't wait to hear about what they bought.

Kathy N.
08-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Kay or Ann, how was the Novi show?

kaybee
08-13-2012, 10:54 AM
OK, where do I begin. We came away from Novi, sore of body, but happy. We split up when we got there and so the first place I headed was Our Daily bread. There wer some single stamps that I hadn't gotten in Toledo and were not avil on the web site. I got a beautiful lighthouse, old sailing shio and a seacape. All will make nice guy cards. Got a scriptura and the wooden fish symbol with faith in it. Next I went to Judikins. Two things about Judi. She has a smile that lights the room and she makes you feel as if you were exactly who she most wanted to see that day. When I said, hi Judi, I'm kaybee, she smiled her thousand watt smile and said she was so glad to see me and I knew she meant it. I watched some demos and then Ann came up to the booth. We separated again as I had only been to two boths so far. At Judi's I got my gate and a cute oriental girl with fans. I don't even know where I went next, but here's what I got. At Sweet stamps, since I couldn't find the Memory Box umbrella, I got an umbrella stamp and a verse for sympathy cards and another scripture. I did get the Memory Box hibiscus die. Somewhere I got a
cheery Lynn snowflake die. At Stamping Sensations I got a cool Shock of wheat and a square with shadow flowers on all 4 sides with space im the center for a small sentiment. at Impression Obsession, I got a chuch scene and a shadow dandilion. Also a book on Tea Bag folding. At Local King I got shadow tree braches with birds in it. Kind of like the new Stampin up and Penny Black stamps. But a whole lot less expensive than SU. The Stamp On It store was there with pop ups geo dies and I got the cut n tuck line die. Also there I got Jusy Rite stampers 4 circles with kaleidosope cicle inside. Actually, I do remember where I went after Judikins. The Stamp Dr. was next to her booth and they had a stamp of the Beatles in their original grey suits. Becaus it is a photo it has been a challange getting a good print, but I think I have finally gitten all of the garbage cut away and it is getting much better. I got a Spellbinders edgeabilities die and the last place I was going was Heartfelt Creations because I love their stamps. I didn't get a stamp or die, though, because thry had gelatos. I got 5 packs of 6 and then got the two pack of gold and silver free. Got a few eyelets. I met up with Ann and said that Judi wanted a picture if us and if she wanted to go back, I could make it, too. We took pictures and there was a stamp that she had been using for demos and Ann had gotten one earlier and I decided that I wanted one, too. Then tired but happy we left for home. We rested a short time and went to Boston Mkt for dinner as they no longer have one in Cinci and Ann was so happy to see one right close by my apt. I was able to save half my dinner for Sunday and after Ann left I ate dinner and took my meds, fell asleep and woke up to see one ryth. gymnastic routine. Then got a call from Ann and she got home ok, but just outside of Toledo they decided to work on the E-way on Sunday, so it took her longer this time. Now I am going to start saving for bus fare and next year I will take the bus to Anns and we will go to Stampaway. Stamwillly, hope you go mext year and we'll see you there. As far as trends from what I could tell it was dies, dies, dies. Spellbinders, Cheery Lynn, Memory Box, Heartfelt Creations, and more. I thought I would see washi tape, but I didn't. Was glad to find gelatos and after watching Judi will need to get the Micah. Well, I think I wrote an essay. I hope you enjoyed it.

kaybee
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I forgot, Ann went with me to church, Sunday. She enjoyed my pastors sermon and sat with my mom and dad as I had to usher. I am now the head usher. She also got to meet my husband that doesn't live with me, Mike.

loosluck
08-13-2012, 11:36 AM
You made me feel like I was really there. It sounds like it was a great show.

Kathy N.
08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the report Kay. Sounds like you got a lot of great stuff. I think we have a thread called product reviews, when you use your gelatos, please give us a review. I saw them at the Allentown stamp show when I was there but I didn't get any because I knew nothing about them.

yankee
08-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you had a good time. I thought I read somewhere that Tim Holtz was at that show, was he?
I love seeing Judkins at the shows and seeing her demo.

winsrella
08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
i didn't see Tim Holtz, altho that does not mean he wasn't there. There were so many booths, I'm sure I missed some. Kay gave a great report of the show. I thought it was a super convention. I decided to take cash and when it was gone, I was done. That worked well, because i was more careful what I bought. I was pleased with all my choices because they are things that are versital and things that I will use often. I think I was wise in my choices. Enjoyed meeting Judi. A lovely person and so effervescent, or however you spell it. Kay was correct in her description of Judi. We felt well loved.

I bought quite a few stamps, a Spellbinder folder that I had wanted for a long while, some ribbon, some eyelets, some window plastic to use on a Judikins technique she demonstrated. I'm going to buy some mica glaze at my local stamp store and expermint with another technique she showed us. Even bought a special stamp for it. I have messed around with my stamps a little today.

I enjoyed meeting Kay. We had a very nice time, and although I had not met her before, I felt like I knew her because of the club. We had much in common. I'm looking forward to her coming here next year and going to Stampaway. All in all, the weekend was a great success and I'm glad I made the trip. I had the pictures printed today and will be sending them out in the next couple days. Judi said she'd like to put it on the site. We were all smiling happily. A fun time was had by all.

JulieB.T.
08-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Great commentating ladies! Sounds like fun was had by one and all:) Just curious Ann, how far did you have to drive, and you too Kay? The conventions(when they have them) are in the Bay Area~near San Francisco.That is about 2 hours from me.How fun that you got to meet Judi! If you have any pictures, do share! Thanks again, Julie

Kathy N.
08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Ann, I hope you post whatever you make with the window plastic.

kaybee
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Because of my strokes, I don't drive, anymore. That is why Ann drove here to take me to Novi. I played with my gelatos today and I will be sending cards and explaining how I did them. Also the webisode on Paper Wishes is very good. It is a brand new one. Kind of why I wanted them. Faber Castel has the entire set for $59.00, which is a good price. I paid $55.00 and still need yellows and reds. But I'm glad that I got them, partly because of the fun of the hunt, and I would not have normally sent away for them.

winsrella
08-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Toledo is three hours from Cincinnati, mostly interstate driving and Novi is about an hour from Toledo, also mostly interstate. I kept track of my milage. I put 550 miles on my car. But, what are cars for if you can't do "wild" things? It was a fun time and I am glad I suggested it. When Kay comes down here next year, I live 15 minutes from the conv. cntr. in Sharonville. Looking forward to it. We always "need" new stamps and stuff.

winsrella
08-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I have not messed with my window plastic yet. Have several birthday cards I have to get out pronto. I did use my other Judikins stamp and made some thank you cards with it. It was a stamp that I most likely would not have purchased if I had not seen it demonstrated. Now I love the stamp. I will have to send it to be posted as I don't have a scanner. I want one, but don't have one as of yet. Maybe I should get a printer/scanner. Then I would have to learn how to use the scanner.

Kathy N.
08-19-2012, 09:27 AM
The only reason I have a scanner is because my kids gave it to be for Christmas one year.

Were there any shows this weekend? I was so busy preparing and going to my bead show, that I forgot to check.

yankee
08-19-2012, 01:08 PM
My husband got our printer/scanner. We didn't know how to work it as a scanner. One time I was complaining to one of the kids how I wanted to be able to scan my cards. And one of them sat me down and showed me how. I had forgotten our machine could do it.

Kathy N.
08-24-2012, 05:07 AM
This weekend is the StampScrapArtTour in Hamburg, New York.

Kathy N.
09-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Shows this weekend:

StampScrapArtTour, Westminster, Maryland
Heirloom's Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival, Costa Mesa, California.

Kathy N.
09-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Two shows this weekend:

StampScrapArtTour, Greenville, South Carolina
StampScrapArtTour, Rhinebeck, NY

Are any of our South Carolina ladies going?

TerriO
09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
I am going to try and go. I hope to meet some of the other SC Poshies.

Kathy N.
09-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Mary, are you going? Who else in down there? SouthernBelle?

Kathy N.
09-18-2012, 02:12 PM
TerriO and Stampwilly, I know you were both and the SC show so how's about a report.
What did you get? What new stuff did you see? What new techniques were demoed?
Inquiring minds want to know.

TerriO
09-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Well I hit the bargain bins for a few stamps. My weakness was Embossing folders. It was such a good buy. They had a box of Sizzix folders (2 per pack) that were 40% off if you bought at least two. And I did of course. At the same place they had EF made by others at the same deal..buy 2 get them 40% off. Of course the Sizzix were the better bargain because it was times two. I also bought a die for making swing cards or flip flop cards.

Let me see the demos I enjoyed. At the prickly pear booth a lady was coloring alot on vellum. I enjoyed that and the nice affect when finished. Not sure if affect or effect???? But you all get the drift. I don't use vellum because of the adhesive factor. Everything I have used in the past would show thru. I also enjoyed a lady that was using glitter on cards. It was so fine that you could not even feel it after it was applied. It just felt like paper.

I enjoyed the Stamp Doctor booth. She did several demos using various products. I guess I enjoyed all of the demos even if I had seen the product before. I will say it was different for me from the Heirloom show, so that was good. I did miss Judi as she always does great demos and is a hoot to listen too. I did see a booth with some EF that had the tool folder like you did in the swap Kathy and I wanted that one bad but I had spent all I had alloted for the day. They wanted $7.50 for their single folders, so that will have to come another day. All in all it was a good day. What did you think about it April?

Kathy N.
09-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report TerriO. Sounds like you had a great time and, learned some things and got lots of new embossing folders. I'd like to see what you make with the swing card die.

JeanneLee
09-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Any of you in/near PA going to the York Heirloom show in October??

Kathy N.
09-21-2012, 02:52 PM
This weenend's shows:

Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, St. Paul, Minnesota
Rubber Stamp Events, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

No York for me JeanneLee, it's too long a drive.

JeanneLee
09-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Sorry, Kathy!

I am debating, another friend wants to meet up there(she live farther south then I do).
I have a couple more weeks to decide. :-)

Kathy N.
09-26-2012, 09:11 AM
This weekend is the Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Kathy N.
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Two shows this weekend:

The Stamp and Scrap Fest, Boise, Idaho
Rubberstamp and Scrapbook Getaway, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Kathy N.
10-12-2012, 05:55 AM
This weekend is the StampScrapArt Tour Rubber Stamp, Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts Show in Hampton, VA, and Heirlooms Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival in York, PA.

Jeanne are you going to York? If so, please give us a report afterwards.

kaybee
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Adventures in Stamping is in Strongsville, Ohio Ocr 20
StampScrap Art Tour is in Southfield, Mich Oct 27, 28.

JeanneLee
10-13-2012, 05:31 AM
I decided not to go, I have enough stamping things to keep me busy for years! ;)

Kathy N.
10-19-2012, 05:26 AM
Three shows this weekend.

Fall PaperCraft Fest, Loveland, CO
The Original Stamp Convention, San Jose, CA
Adventures in Stamping, Strongsville, Ohio

Kathy N.
10-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Shows this weekend:

Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo, Las Vegas Nevada
StampScrapArtTour, Southfield, Michigan

Kathy N.
11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
November 10th is the Original Rubber Stamp Convention in Carson, CA. Judi will be there so drop in and say hi if you get a chance.

JulieB.T.
11-07-2012, 08:05 AM
I was seriously thinking of going to one in Sacramento last Friday but found out it was all scrapbooking stuff so I passed. I was in Michael's on Friday and noticed that they have about 1/3 to 1/2 of the wooden stamps that they used to have.Clear stamps and the stamps with red rubber but no wood make up the rest.

kaybee
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Friday, I am going to the Scrapbook Mini Meet in Toledo. Our Daily Bread Designs and Heartfelt Creations will be there. I shouldn't go because I just got a Pazzles. They had a deal where you could buy it for $100, if you agreed to do the Craft room for $20 a month for 2 years. That is a $600 machine. It is being delivered tomorrow.

yankee
11-07-2012, 03:56 PM
You didn't mention the Rubber Stamp Show in Mesa, Nov 3 & 4th.
I went, Judy didn't go there, but Rob was there. I said hi! And bought lots of stamps and other things.
I went with my daughter . She said that there more stamps this time, and less of the stuff for the machines. Neither of us have a machine.
I went Sat and Sunday. Had a great time. Sunday is always less crowded and easier to try a demo, or watch a demo, or ask questions at a demo. Worth going back just for that. But I end up spending more the second day, cause there are no lines to pay. I hate standing in line.

Kathy N.
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I missed last weekend's listings. Between Hurricane Sandy and preparing for the nor'easter and contacting friends and family, I totally forgot to post last weeks shows. Sorry about that.

backerma
11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Is anyone else going to Carson this weekend? I will be attending tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Judy again.

Kathy N.
11-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Margaret let us know if you see anything new and exciting.