PDA

View Full Version : Floewers

glittery night owl
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
How often do you use #D flowers on your projects??

Where do you get your flowers and do you change their apperance in any

way??

I like to spray mine and of course glitter them.

Lets chat, thank you,

Trudy

stampwilly
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I love flowers! I always manage to use at least one on a card! I have run paper flowers through an embossing folder to add dimension. I have made various different flowers using die cuts and punches. When bunches of silk flowers are on sale at HL or Michael's I will buy some bunches with smaller blooms and pull them off to use on cards and don't forget to pull off the leaves too! I have even made flowers using my inked baby wipes and have used die cuts to cut them out and then layered them, or bunched them up to make a puffy flower. You can also do this with inked paper towels and tissue paper. I use glitter too and ink them, but I haven't sprayed them. That would work great!

Stampwilly

yankee
03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
I like to make punched flowers, and paper quilled flowers. I am not using them as much since the post office will charge for a package rate IF the card is more than an fourth of an inch fat. And they use a ruler to measure. Last Thankgiving I made fall flowers for my family cards and it cost me over ten dollars to mail them!
I know whine, whine, but just saying , I am not using flowers as much anymore.

Daniel
03-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Definitely a timely question, Trudy.

While I don't use 3D flowers much on my stamped work, I have used them in lots of other crafts in the past & some of those resources hold up.

Rather than purchasing floral diecuts--like 'Pima', etc.--I more apt to deconstruct flowers/leaves bought @ Dollar stores if I want 'fabric' flowers.

Far as altering them? Right now I'm very into using embossing folders to add pattern & texture to many materials. And I can use inks with my EFs too.

Since some of this altering can make many cheapie blooms & leaves a bit wilted, I keep spray starch & clear sealers handy to restore/add 'body' to the blooms.

Kathy N.
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
With the postage regulations, I usually use flat flowers when just mailing a card. If I'm including a card in a package or hand delivering, then I can silk or layered paper flowers.