PDA

View Full Version : Sewing

glittery night owl
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
How many of you actually sew on your cards??? How often do you

chose that?? Do you do faux sewing on your cards?

What are your likes and dislikes about that technique??

Trudy

Dekamay
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I like to sew on mine,I use a zig-zag stitch,I think it makes them look a little fancier.and adds diminsion.I don't do it on all cards but I really like the look when I do ,use it.

yankee
03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't like to sew on cards. I like to do needlework but on paper seems weird to me. I did try it and it is simple to do. It is just as easy to fake the stitches, just takes a slow steady hand. And I have a stencile that does fancy stitches for large scrapbook papers, just trace. Maybe the sewing room down the hall, is just more work.

Meowcats
03-22-2012, 01:28 AM
I simply like SEWING not only on cards, but akso on fabrics :-) BUT i don't drag out my sewing mashine so i once in a while do faux stitching. lol ;-)

JeanneLee
03-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I do like the look of sewing on cards, but haven't done it on a card in a long time.
I do have a *special needle* just for sewing paper though!
Faux sewing is easier and you can achieve the same look. Haven't done that technique in a while either! :(

JulieB.T.
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I've done the faux sewing with the white pen.I dont' think I want to actually sew around the edges because I know I would wrinkle the card :0

Kathy N.
03-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I like to do actual stitching on cards. On our classroom thread, there is a series of different kinds of stiching including faux stitching on cards. Here's a link.

http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6158&highlight=sewing+cards&page=2