View Full Version : Stamp image terminology

04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
What is the terminology that describes a stamp that has a specific form of shading. It is often seen in Stampscapes and utilized with their tonal applicator, but it is often seen in other manufacturers as well. Stampington, Inkadinkadoo, vintage stamps, Hero Arts.

04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
There are different forms of\rendering shadows for pen and ink illustrations. Mostly cross hatched or stippled. Stampscapes illustrations are done with stippling which are the little dots. Most other companies use a variation of both techniques. Here are examples of the two styles.

04-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Thank you for these wonderful examples and the explanation. - Susan