PDA

View Full Version : Tim Holtz distress inks

Eph429
04-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Why is the ink pad mottled in its presentation. At one time was stamping done to reproduce the design of the motled look. Reason I ask, I saw a demo on using the distress inks and the application was totally different that what I imagined: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXNnOTAYFA

MickeyB
04-29-2012, 01:05 PM
The inks are produced/created with tiny air spaces in the ink to produce the "distressed" look by Ranger Inks/Tim Holtz. This is supposed to create a vintage look and sometimes referred to as a "steampunk" look (1920's I believe). The inks turn to a permanent state when they are dry. Remember to stamp with these inks on a craft sheet because the color will stain.

MickeyB

Eph429
04-29-2012, 05:04 PM
The inks are produced/created with tiny air spaces in the ink to produce the "distressed" look by Ranger Inks/Tim Holtz. This is supposed to create a vintage look and sometimes referred to as a "steampunk" look (1920's I believe). The inks turn to a permanent state when they are dry. Remember to stamp with these inks on a craft sheet because the color will stain.

MickeyB

MickeyB, does anyone stamp the distress look (camouflage appearance to me) directly onto paper from the ink pad? I've just never used distress look and so have been curious. I was not into vintage when it came out so never went down that lane, but I am interested in all kinds of stamping now and want to learn.

JulieB.T.
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
So far, I am not thrilled with the Distress Inks.They are wayyyy too dry for me.In fact, I told Tim about them.No help there. Are they supposed to by dry compared to Dee's other ink pads? Some of them , no matter how hard I press , I don't get enough ink.

Kathy N.
04-30-2012, 05:21 AM
It sounds like you got some bad pads there Julie. The Distress pads are usually extra juicy so you blend the colors on the cardstock. All my Distress pads are nice and wet.

loosluck
04-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Mine too., Julie

JulieB.T.
04-30-2012, 11:08 AM
WOW, what a disappointment!!! I got them from a site(name unsaid, very nice people) that said they should be fine.Maybe I will see if they will take them back and give me some new ones.I bought them about 1 year ago but have only used a few colors a couple of times because they were so dry.I will send them back and see if they will return good ones.WIsh me luck!

Diana Jones
04-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Julie I have them too and didn't notice a problem, I hope not. Anyway when I do have a problem with a dry inkpad I spritz it the an ink refresher spray bottle. I think I bought locally and it is from Ranger I think. I have had good success with it. I think it is for any type ink. I don't know if the quality will be exactly the same but it could sure save a few of your ink pads if the ink is there but dry.

I just used it yesterday on some small pads that came in some kids stamps and they are fine now! I don't know where I put it so I can quote who makes it for sure, sorry. Go on Ranger's site and see if they sell it. I'll bet if they do that Michael's has it locally; it's almost sure I bought it there.

JulieB.T.
04-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I am sending them back to the site that I bought them from .Hopefully, they will send me new ones and send them back to Ranger.They should accept them back since I think they are deffective/dried out. There were two of them that had the pad come unglued when I tried them out:{

Kathy N.
05-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Julie you should check with the site first to see if they will take them back. If they refuse, you could contact Ranger directly.

JulieB.T.
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks so much Kathy.I am sending them back tomorrow.If they don't give me new ones, I will send them to Ranger .