PDA

View Full Version : thin steel dies

Eph429
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
How are Sizzix framelits and Spellbinders nestabilities functionally different?

blossom
06-06-2012, 02:22 PM
They are not different but some framelets comes with stamps that you can stamp first and then die-cut. I see no difference because they are the same thickness and they both have the same functionality.........the flower child

Kathy N.
06-06-2012, 02:26 PM
A lot of companies are doing that now, making stamps and dies to go with them. At the Allentown stamp show I bought cat and kimono stamps and also got the dies. Thos dies looked exactly like the Spellbinder's dies. They're probably all made by the same manufacturer.

Kathy N.
06-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Does anyone have any trouble getting paper out of some of the more elaborate dies?

JulieB.T.
06-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Once in awhile.I just use a pin to get the papers out.There is a thread here where I think it says to run the dies through aluminum foil(to sharpen the die I imagine?) or wax paper(maybe to coat the die) if it gets too be too much.Try one of those ideas and see if it helps.

cardmaker
06-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I watched Gina K use a piercing tool to get those little pieces out of an intricately cut die. I have one of those tools and used it and it worked very well. It's not that the die is dull (I'm sure the ones Gina K uses would never [U]be in need of sharpening), LOL, it's that the little pieces sometimes get stuck in the intricate design.

Janet

Kimstamps
06-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Kathy, I use wax paper on the more intricate dies. First I put the die on the platform, then wax paper over that, then the card stock. I also use a needle tool. I gently push the tool through the holes in the back of the die.

Kim

Kimstamps
06-12-2012, 10:39 AM
The Sizzix framelits only die cut the paper. With Spellbinders, you can die cut, emboss (you have to buy special pads for embossing), and stencil. The downside is that Spellbinders cost more.

Kim

Kathy N.
06-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks Kim, I'll try cutting with the wax paper layer next time.

Kathy N.
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I just went on Frantic Stamper to see what kind of cutting dies they have and I can't believe all the different thin steel dies there are out there.