PDA

View Full Version : Do you like 'dirty' raks?

Daniel
07-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Got a delightful surprise in Monday's mail. Kathy N. sent me a passle of UMS--think I counted 33 separate images.:eek:

Many of them look unused, but others have evidence of being used--even 'liked'. None of them are gunked up, but they are stained. I used 'dirty' to get your attention only. Sue me!:p

Question before the house is... Would you mind having a friend send you 'used' stamps?

There are no wrong answers (this is my thread). You don't need to 'explain' unless you want to.

Me? I like hand-me-downs--long as it's obvious that the sender isn't trying to avoid a landfill fee. I don't even mind getting stamps that have 'issues' (cracks, etc.). Long as they're useable, I don't object.

What's really fun is to take the rak'd stamps & make a piece for the sender that has her/him wanting the stamp back. BTDT!

Dekamay
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I sure would not mind some one sending me anything used,I love surprises,it would be so fun to get different things to use.

Kathy N.
07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't care how dirty a stamp is if I like the image. I've bought used stamps that were so black from inks you would have thought they were dipped in tar. I imagine that anyone who gets a RAK of unmounted stamps wouldn't care if they were used or not.

TerriO
07-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I too love stamps, doesn't matter if it has been used. But I do not know about RAK? Meaning?

TerriO
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Might as well add don't know what BTDT is either.

loosluck
07-24-2012, 07:11 PM
I would love a surprise like that. Clean or dirty.

JulieB.T.
07-24-2012, 09:34 PM
TerriO, RAK means Random Acts Of Kindness.Sending a card, stamping items or just a note(or anything) to someone in need or just sending something nice to a member.

Daniel
07-25-2012, 06:05 AM
BTDT "Been there; done that".:)

Kathy. I have a few 'tarry' stamps. And I'm responsible for the 'tar'.:D

So far it seems none of us minds 'used' for RAKs. 'Sok if you don't--feel free to say so.

Let me ask another 'Q'... If someone sent you an unfinished piece & a note that said "Have fun!", would you consider that a RAK? I rather think I would.

Kathy N.
07-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I would consider it a challenge and would be honor bound to finish the piece. I do like challenges.

winsrella
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
i wouldn't mind used stamps. A couple of my friends have given me some of theirs.

TerriO
07-26-2012, 09:21 AM
First thanks for the meanings. And I think RAK are great! I know I would feel very honored if someone did that for me and I would also feel good in doing that for someone. So that means good feelings all around! How could you not feel good about it? Well that's my thoughts.

TerriO
07-26-2012, 09:24 AM
And used stamps.....no problem! Just makes you wondered how someone else used them and it gets your brain in gear to come up with your own way to create something interesting. Like Kathy & Daniel said it would be a challenge.

Daniel
07-26-2012, 09:47 AM
TerriO. Bless you!:) While I started this topic first @ CP, I also have a 'dirty RAK' thread on another site.

So far every post has been positive about not minding getting 'hand-me-downs'. In fact. Some folks have been complimentary about having the topic of getting used or re-RAKs being brought into the sunshine.

That said? It is perfectly more-than-ok for someone to prefer sending/receiving only unused items--far as I'm concerned.

Far as the 'RAK an unfinished with no warning'? I'm not sure I'd feel 'honor bound' to do something with it. I think it would depend on how friendly the sender & I are. KWIM?

Kathy N.
07-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Why do you have to know the sender? If a complete stranger sent me an unfinished piece, I would still have to finish it. Must be my OCD.

Daniel
07-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Why do you have to know the sender? If a complete stranger sent me an unfinished piece, I would still have to finish it. Must be my OCD.

Bless you m'dear. Yes it is your OCD. Me? I'd want to know how they got my snail mail addy & the 'Haz Mat' suits would be donned.

Been watching 'Big Bang Theory' a LOT! :D

glittery night owl
07-31-2012, 07:50 PM
All stamps are welcome at my home, if I love the image I keep them.

If they are not my style I RAK them :D

Trudy