PDA

View Full Version : Project Inspiration--Olympic Opening

Daniel
07-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm betting lots of us watched the opening ceremony--part or all.

I thot they were pretty awesome. Full of lovely bits & bobs along with wonderful examples of British humour (note spelling). I positively howled over the Queen's entrance. Take that Betty White!

Positively shivered when Brannaugh did the lines from the 'Tempest', The island is full of noises.

The construction of the cauldron petal-by-petal was fabulous. Ditto the use of 'tomorrow's olympians' to light it. Brilliant! Lots more faves--visual & vocal--, but will hold for others.

Anyhoo... As so often happens, I saw lots of craft project inspiration. Here's a few of mine:

Glastonbury Tor. With Kathy's example on the torn paper thread, I could so see building it with torn paper & I have a wonderful (never-inked) tree stamp to crown the tor!

Queen's Entrance. Would be a hoot to do a parachute piece with a surprising someone as the skydiver &/or a surprising parachute.

Olympic Cauldron. Wonderful opportunity to use our flower stamps in so many ways...

How 'bout you? Did the show give you creative dreams?

Kathy N.
07-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I didn't see the opening. I usually don't watch the summer Olympics except for maybe gymnastics. I like the winter Olympics. Must be all the snow.

Daniel
07-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I didn't see the opening. I usually don't watch the summer Olympics except for maybe gymnastics. I like the winter Olympics. Must be all the snow.

Same for me, Kathy, but I do enjoy the opening shows for both seasons. This was a good one.

yankee
07-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I love all of the summer, watched the ladies bike race this morning. The sprint at the end had me on my feet rooting. I just love to see the all out at the end, no matter how the are racing. My kids were all in running when they were younger. My oldest daughter was a cross country champ, she so wanted to be in the Olympics. But life got in the way.
I so enjoy watching the best of the best, they make the sports look easy and fun. And you know it is WORK!

Kathy N.
07-30-2012, 09:25 AM
We could always turn this thread into a challenge for anyone to make Olympic related cards.

Daniel
07-30-2012, 09:41 AM
We could always turn this thread into a challenge for anyone to make Olympic related cards.

You are welcome to do so, Kathy--or anyone else for that matter.:D

My torn paper piece was actually Olympic-related. We had to create a piece with 5 rings/circles ala the Olympic ones. And I'm working on one for another 'Olympic' challenge. We have to base our piece on a country's flag. Don't have to make the flag just use it as inspiration & share a link to see its flag. 'Course we have to use some stamping. Mine's coming along & I'm surprised how far I've gotten.

glittery night owl
07-31-2012, 07:48 PM
There are alot of diff choices to make cards for this challenge,

Trudy