PDA

View Full Version : Why join CP?

Daniel
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM
We've had some success getting members to respond to discussions about energizing our club by current members being more active. Not bad, but we really haven't addressed ways to get new people interested in being CP members--'least not that I can recall.;)

So... Here's your chance to share how you'd invite your friends to member-up with us. How would you go about it? What makes CP so 'your place to hang'? What does it offer you that other online stamping communities don't?

Note! There are no 'wrong' answers to this thread. Each of us has our individual reasons for being a member of CP and I fully expect that individual posts about getting others to join us will reflect that.

I will not start this off by providiing my version of an 'invite'. When this thread gets a response or two, I'll post one (or two). But to get others started, I suggest you pick out a current CP member & pretend that you 'know' them from another site or such. What would you say to them?

Kathy N.
09-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I've put out fliers when I go to a stamp show and if I do the ATC swap at the Heirloom show, I put an invite on the back of the ATC. If I strike up a conversation with someone at the shows or in a stamp store (that's if I get my husband to stop at one on vacation), I'll also mention Club Posh and give them the web address.

Daniel
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM
I've put out fliers when I go to a stamp show and if I do the ATC swap at the Heirloom show, I put an invite on the back of the ATC. If I strike up a conversation with someone at the shows or in a stamp store (that's if I get my husband to stop at one on vacation), I'll also mention Club Posh and give them the web address.

OK, Kathy. Thanx for sharing some of your 'How You Invite', but... Can you share any of your 'Why I should join CP?' pitches? (please & thank you):)

loosluck
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
When I talk to friends and people along the way I usually ask them if they belong to a stamp clubn online. They tend to talk a lot about videos and tutorials. I usually tell them about our swap and challenges but most importantly let them know that as we share our stories and talents, we become an extended family with lots of laughter and tears to seal the deal.

Kathy N.
09-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Okay, the reason people should join Club Posh is to learn about new products (stamping gear), learn about new techniques (stamping on craft foam), find out where the next stamp show is (shows and shops), unload some of your old toys and maybe pick up something you've always wanted (trading post), get to exchange art work (swaps), challenge yourself and maybe get picked for a prize (challenges) have great stamping discussions with like-minded people (any thread) and most important of all:

The Moderators don't get on your case if you go off topic like on other clubs. As long as you don't dis anybody or try to hawk the stamps of another company, you're free to talk about whatever you want.

redned
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
And you can join the Birthday Club! :D

Just think - each month you make & send one or two birthday cards, and when your birthday comes around all of those people send you handmade cards.

Then there's the Secret Santa swap, as well as the Xmas in July swap.

And, as Kathy mentioned, this group has very tolerant moderators. (she should know, she's one of the moderators)

Nedra (the Club Posh Birthday Mom)

loosluck
09-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Great ways to share our club with others.

Daniel
09-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Guess it's my turn to post since 3 members have responded...:rolleyes:

Like several of my fellow Poshies, CP is not my sole stamping community. So... In order to provide others with reasons to join, I have to figure out why I remain a member.

Is it the products (Posh/Judikins)? Not so much, but I like the easy links to those.

Is it the swaps? Not much, but that's changing as we go along.

Same for challenges. We're exploring new ways to approach them, tho'.

Is it the membership? Not really.:eek: Yeah I have lots of 'friends' here, but that's equally true in my other 'communities'. And I figure we can find ways to remain in touch should CP close down (again).

Dear Lord! What a depressing post! :D

Oh! Wait! I know what the 'hook' is for me--and one I'm able to use to invite my friends to join us... Today's Club Posh is not the same club we joined initially! It's holding on to some of its heritage, but it's exploring new ways to connect, share & re-invent itself.

As with any 'remodeling' project, it's probably going to produce some dust & debris, but I know lots of people (some of whom are already active members) who won't be put off by that aspect. In fact they will be intrigued by it.

So... My approach to inviting new CP members will be very one-on-one. Inviting them to check out the current club & tell me what they like & such. I'll let them know they can 'join' & 'unjoin' as they see fit.