PDA

View Full Version : Gobbler Crafts!

Daniel
11-08-2012, 08:00 AM
We're 2 weeks away from Turkey Day here in the USA. As a moveable feast, it's definitely one of our most food-oriented...

...This thread is not about 'good eats', however. It's about the crafting you do (or consider doing) for Thanksgiving.

Obviously cards are one possibility. That said, however, there are lots of other possibilities for using our crafting talent to enhance this holiday's fun...

Just going with the dinner/buffet table alone we can craft placecards, centerpieces, napkins/napkin holders, favors.

Share what you can!

Daniel
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Back in '07 I acquired a stamp set that was a 'floral' set. It had shapes meant to be used as centers & petals to create flowers.

I used them to 'build' a turkey by stamping & piecing.

Although the set was not Posh or Judikins, I know that there are lots of their stamps that would work for this idea.

Eph429
11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
very nice, Daniel. Thanks for posting. I like your title: Gobbler Crafts

Kathy N.
11-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Here is a link to the edible turkey I posted last year in case anyone wants to make them. It is definitely a gobbler craft.

http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50422918&postcount=2464

Daniel
11-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Here is a link to the edible turkey I posted last year in case anyone wants to make them. It is definitely a gobbler craft.

LOL! Love him. Looks like he's on the 'throne':D

Daniel
11-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Can't believe the Wobblers I designed in the 90's are still on the web! Gonna share pix of the 3 that are T-Day.

I realize they don't have any stamping, but bear with me... I'll post about that aspect once I get done with showing the projects.

Daniel
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Wobbler #2

Daniel
11-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Wobbler #3

Daniel
11-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Now that you can see the projects, I can see many of us using the pix to create 2D versions from paper/cs via paper-piecing.

When I was designing these projects I always did a simple sketch that was a circle on top of a triangle for the head & body. Then it was just adding the stuff to dress them.

Easy peasy to turn a 3D into a 2D if you think about it. And adding stamping? No brainer...:p

Kathy N.
11-11-2012, 05:35 AM
They're so cute Daniel. At first glance I though they were Renuzit covers.

Daniel
11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
They're so cute Daniel. At first glance I though they were Renuzit covers.

Now that you mention it, Kathy, they do look a bit like those. But these were done with Styro cones 12" & balls 4" as the base.

That aside, I like the idea of translating a 3D project into a 2D version using stamps as part of the process.

Kathy N.
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
I guess this qualifies as a gobbler craft since it is a turkey. This is what I did for my fruit salad assignment for my cousin's Thanksgiving feast.

Daniel
11-23-2012, 09:33 AM
LOL, Kathy! I LOVE your 'Fruity Gobbler'! It's a 'hoot' (different bird)! TFS!

Bet it was a real hit with the diners...:D

judikins
11-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Kathy you're so clever!! One of those little skewers has my name on it, well if I can grab it remotely that is. I bet everyone loved your work. You won the Biggest Gobbler Award in my book.

Daniel, thanks for opening this thread. You're right. We can modify anything and make it with a rubber stamp!