PDA

View Full Version : Kathy the Klutz...

Daniel
12-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Our pal Blossom has shared that Kathy N. has broken her wrist.

As I shared in an email to Lois, I'm bettin' that Kathy is turning the air blue about this. Probably smacking herself for tripping over what or whoever. 'Course she's probably taking pain meds, so she may be in La La Land--(more than usual):rolleyes: for a bit.

While we await her resurfacing here @ CP, You might want to post good stuff to her on this thread. If you feel like sending her a card? Go for it! Many of us have Kathy's street address already, but if you don't... I can share it with you via PM. I'm sure Kathy won't object--long as we don't publish it on a public post.;)

Either way... I strongly suggest posts & cards be as gooey & sentimental as possible. I guarantee that Kathy will sooo appreciate them... :D

Daniel
12-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey Kathy! We all know you needed a break, but why the heck do you insist on being so 'literall'?

Hoping you mend soon, pal!:)

blossom
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm so sure Kathy will truly appreciate it Daniel. I hope the recovery is short. I'm sure it is no fun being in pain but I agree that Kathy is probably on something for the pain. Great thread Daniel.........the flower child

stampwilly
12-28-2012, 06:22 AM
Kathy, I trust you will heal quickly. So sorry to hear about this. Take care.

Hugs, Stampwilly

JulieB.T.
12-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Kathy:) Are you feeling a bit better today? I sure hope so! Thinking about you and hoping the meds. are doing the trick:)

Daniel
12-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi Kathy:) Are you feeling a bit better today? I sure hope so! Thinking about you and hoping the meds. are doing the trick:)

LOL, Julie. Between her meds & any leftover Christmas 'ales', I'm guessing Kathy is feeling little pain.

Kidding aside. I'm wishing her a speedy recovery, too.

loosluck
12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Kathy
Take care of yourself and don't worry about cp. We have a great group here who will help me with any needs that should come up. As Judi would say....xxoo

judikins
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Everyone. Happy New Year's Eve. I decided to give Kathy a ring and I'm happy to report she sounds good. And yes, she says her wrist is a mess and she's a little black and blue, but she assures me she will be ok. She said she is keeping up and reading the posts here at Club Posh, but it is a real chore to "type" at the moment, which means she can't answer very well. So while she adjusts to functioning with one arm, she said she will continue to read all the Club Posh haps and we all have to know she's right there as normal. :) My guess is that because Kathy is really clever, she will figure out some contraption to help so she can get back on the keyboard soon. Okee dokee Kathy...have a nice cup of Hot Chocolate and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Kathy N.
01-01-2013, 03:21 AM
welcome to my world for the next 8 weeks

blossom
01-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Oh my goodness gracious Kathy how did you manage that. Happy New Year. We all promise to behave ourselves. Love U, rest up and just take care of yourself........the flower child

Daniel
01-01-2013, 07:08 AM
... We all promise to behave ourselves...

LOL, Lois! I make no promises.:p

Hey, Kathy! Nice photo. Interesting choice for the new eye shadow. Don't really think it suits you.:rolleyes:

Wasn't expecting your cast to be so long. 'Course it offers you lots of space to stamp on. Looks like there's room for an entire scene. Should keep you busy for a few of the 8 weeks.:D

Hope you mend well & soon, pal!

JulieB.T.
01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
WOW Kathy! It looks like your fingers are black and blue too and also swollen:{ Ouch for sure! Rest up and have someone get you some good movies for the new year. I sure hope that isn't your bruising showing through the cast!! Take care and please don't worry about us here at C.P.Hugs, Julie

cardmaker
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Kathy, I haven't been on cp for a while, and just came across your bad news. :o Your picture paints a thousand words!! I hope you will heal as quickly as possible and won't be in pain. Better things should happen in 2013! Happy New Year.

Janet

loosluck
01-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Kathy, all I can say is"OUCH!"

TerriO
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Kathy, Sending speedy recovery wishes your way.

glittery night owl
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
poor baby :(

I do have a question kathy, is the colors on your eyes the colors
you are using for posh next challenge? :eek:

You are in my prayers, gotta dig out my cards now

Trudy

Kathy N.
01-01-2013, 02:54 PM
i wear myself out just trying to get casted arm in a position to type over it. trudy you should see the pretty purples and reds on my hip and butt. fingers are starting to swell again so i have to go prop up on pillows. 8 weeks of this and i'll be bashing myself over the head with my cast.

Diana Jones
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Dear Lord Kathy; I felt bad for you before the picture but as was said, "A picture paints a thousand words and I think most of them discribe pain!!! I will be praying for a speedy recovery. Do be careful. Hugs, Diana

Daniel
01-06-2013, 07:13 AM
I've heard from Kathy. She shared that her cast (all the way to her shoulder) has to weigh at least 15lbs!:eek:

As I understand it she's going to have some surgery on the wrist & they'll replace her current cast with something else. Kathy says it sounds like something from 'Transformers'.

Can't recall when her 'work' will be done, but keeping her in my good thots. And I was correct! She was wearing heels (not spikes, tho'):D But it's her 'story' so I'll let her share it when she's able.

Based on our 'chat', it sounds like she's doing ok with her sense of humor. Always a plus!

Kathy N.
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
i already did the crying why me route and all that got me was a headache. there's not much i can do 1 handed with this weight hanging off my arm (it's like carrying a baby around non stop)
but i can still laugh at myself and let me tell you,some of my contortions trying to do stuff is pretty funny. now my right hand is tired so no more posting for me.

Daniel
01-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Bet those contortions are a hoot, Kathy. You could put them on Utube & call it 'Dancing With the Scars'.:p And we could all attend your 'cast' party!:D

Glad you're able to post--even briefly, pal!

Daniel
01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Had an opportunity to 'chat' with Kathy. Last few weeks have been tough, but she's hanging in.

gingerbaby
01-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Kathy, I hope you're feeling a little better. Just don't try to do too much too soon.
hugs,
Brooke

blossom
01-22-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm missing you, Kathy.............the flower child

loosluck
01-23-2013, 05:41 AM
This should teach you not to do cartwheels in the street. My prayers are with you every day.

JulieB.T.
01-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Hey Kathy!! Have you read any good books lately or seen any good ol' movies on the tube? I hope your pain is no more!! When I broke my ankle in Dec. of 2007, my lab Mollie climbed onto the sofa with me and laid her body next to mine without touching my leg at all! She moved sooo gingerly it was amazing!! I forget, do you have any pets to comfort you?

Kathy N.
01-27-2013, 09:42 AM
yeah, i'm still alive but just barely. typing with 1 hand is a chore for me so don;t expect too many posts. it's going to take me forever to catch up on all the threads i've missed in the last couple weeks. went to see a new doc on the 9th and got sent immediately to the hospital and had a surgery to clean out an infected wound that was under my cast. another surgery on the 11th for more cleaning. the 14th a pic line was put in my arm and i was sent home. i have to get 4 weeks of intravenous antibiotics that my husband hooks me up to. i have 3 doctors i see almost every week plus 2 days of therapy for my fingers and elbow. you don't even want to know how long it takes me to shower and dress. so, that's why i haven't been around.

the worse part is that the wrist dr, can't fix the wrist until the infection is gone and by then it will have been 6 weeks which means any fixing will include re-breaking and another 8 weeks of a cast or a fixater. the fixater is attached by drilling 2 holes in my arm and 2 in my hand to bolt it on. think i'd rather stay disabled.

JulieB.T.
01-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Oh,gosh,Kathy!!! I am sooo sorry for all of your troubles!! Extra prayers and positive thoughts are going your way as I type!! So easy to get an infection with an open/healing wound! Take care!!

stampwilly
01-27-2013, 06:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear about all your troubles. I am certainly praying that all will go well and heal well. Take care. We are thinking about you!

Stampwilly

Diana Jones
01-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Kathy, I am so sorry for your arm troubles!!! I have never heard of anyone having such a horrible time of it. I will certainly step up the prayers for healing by several notches.

Hugs, Diana

cardmaker
01-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Kathy, you are an incredibly strong person to endure the pain, discomfort, and mental anguish your injury has caused you, but know that we're all pulling and praying for you and wish you the speediest and most comfortable healing possible. Best of luck!

Janet