PDA

View Full Version : Why share projects?

Daniel
02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Yes! I'm doing lots of start-up threads today. You can ignore them, but not sue me!:p

When you share a visual here @ CP, what are your reasons--be honest!:D

For me? There's a large pecentage of desire for applause. Yep! I have an ego the size of Alaska & Texas combined.;)

But there's also the true desire to provide my stamping buddies with ideas they may not have considered.

Another reason for sharing visuals? To acquire input from my stamping/crafting peers.

yankee
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
I post my work to share with people who share the same talents, and will understand what the process of the work.
Also to get feedback on the merits of the work.

loosluck
02-24-2013, 12:15 PM
I share my work to get feedback so I can make something better. I also have a lg. ego and I do like all the oo's and ah's. I never get hurt when someone gives me honest advice and a fix for what was wrong. I don't like just callous comments about anyone's work. I think over the years of sharing at Club Posh our members have become very good stampers.

Daniel
02-25-2013, 06:19 AM
..I think over the years of sharing at Club Posh our members have become very good stampers.

Amen! AND we have excellent manners. We wuz all 'fetched up good'!:D

ITA with lovin' them oohs & aahs! But, like Loosy, I truly like it when others offer ideas & suggestions based on what I'm sharing--even if I haven't asked for them. I know some members prefer not to have that input unless they have specifically invited it. That's fine by me. I respect their wishes--or hope I do.:)

Kathy N.
02-25-2013, 09:29 AM
I share projects so that hopefully other members will get inspired and share some of their own projects.

stampwilly
02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
All of the above for me. I like getting ideas from others too. So keep those projects coming!

Stampwilly

TerriO
02-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Okay so I have an ego too. Of course I like to hear the feedback BUT I also want to hear how to make my stamping better. Also I know people here can look at a piece of artwork and see the time it takes to put something together. I always look at everyones artwork and see if I can figure out how they did it. If not I ask a question. And the great thing is I always get an answer. Seeing others artwork is really one of my favorite things. It is like looking at a mini magazine. Just relaxes me.

The Shermanator
02-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Well, I think everyone's hit on all the obvious benefits of sharing artwork online. I can only think of two other reasons to pile on top of that:

For those of us who live in the boonies (Switzerland is a paper crafter's wasteland with maybe 5 dedicated stamp/scrap stores in the whole country), sharing projects is a nice way to discover new stamps and other products.

Also, if you are isolated from other stampers, you may not have other opportunities to share what makes you happy. I started a card-making group when I joined the American Women's Club of Bern about 10 years back, but our group meets no more than once a month and it's an hour's drive for me. When the weather is really bad or if I'm crazy busy at work, I don't always go. So CP is a great way to stay in tune with the stamping world.

sharon

blossom
02-26-2013, 03:15 AM
I like the applause and a job well done. We all craft at different stages. Even if there is something that i don't care for I always try and say something nice because the person took time to make something for all to see. Sharing is always the best part..........the flower child

loosluck
02-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Great comments everyone. Don't forget the social aspect of sharing, it makes your heart feel good.