PDA

View Full Version : Using Judikins &/or Posh @ CP?

Daniel
02-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Without doing a huge 'yadda yadda' :D, all the online communities I'm a member of are 'sponsored'--mfr &/or retailer.

One of the aspects I'm most grateful for is that none of them require exclusive use of their products--especially stamps--only when it comes to sharing pieces on the site.

When I joined CP it was still very much Posh-oriented, but no one (including Dee) had problems if we used other stamps in our 'shares'. And Judi has been just as liberal in allowing us members to share projects that have nary a trace of her stamps or other products. For my money, that's an intelligent way to encourage members to strut their stuff.

That said, however, I do have some 'self-imposed' guidelines when I share projects... I try not to 'credit' other stamp mfrs except by PM when requested. If I've used Posh/Judikins in the project, however, I do credits for all stamps.

When I start a challenge or swap, I may suggest that players try to use something that is sponsor-related--not necessarily a stamp.

I am so grateful that I have never (well rarely) felt that being a member of CP in any way limits me.

Your turn! How do you handle the matter of sponsorship with your sharing? Any suggestions?

Kathy N.
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
I don't have a problem with sponsorship since I have a bazillion stamps from just about every company known to man. If I ever come across a situation where I need a stamp from a certain company and I just don't have one, I won't be joining in that situation.

I prefer to use Judikins or Posh stamps for anything I post on this club because I'm a moderator and I feel that I should.

The members are free to use whatever stamps they want for swaps. I only request that at least one Posh or Judkins stamp be used when I'm having a challenge and offering a prize. Also, if you want to post anything in the gallery you need to use at least one Posh or Judikins stamp.

The only thing I ask is that no one promotes another stamp company on this club or provides links to another stamp company. That's just not right.

Okay, I will now step off my soap box.

Daniel
02-25-2013, 10:22 AM
LOL, Kathy! Don't fall off the soapbox & hurt your wrist more!

TY for your input! Yeah. 'Promoting' another mfr/retailer when you're the guest of the site sponsor is tacky--even if you're not breaking its TOU per se.

The requirements for Judikins/Posh for adding to the gallery are (I think) very clear.

TerriO
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Well I have appreciated the fact that I have been able to participate even though many times my stamps may not have been Judikins or Posh. I do normally tell the recipient the manufacturer of the stamp. Many times it has been posted. I apologize for that. It was never my intention to promote another manufacturer. I will be more careful of that in the future. But I will say, I do not own many Judikins or Posh stamps. (Most have been seen here on the site.) I am trying to add to my collection.
I'm not sure what "even if you're not breaking its TOU per se" means. I do not know all of the computor acroynyms you use.

Kathy N.
02-25-2013, 02:19 PM
TerriO, listing stamp credits for your artwork I don't consider promoting a stamp company. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. What I meant by promoting for example is if you made a card with stamps strictly from so and so company and then you posted and said look at the great card I made and all the stamps came from so and so company.

For the COTM and ATC swaps you can certainly list the stamp credits.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I took TOU to mean terms of use.

The Shermanator
02-26-2013, 02:29 AM
Thanks for clarifying things, Kathy and Terri. I was almost starting to feel like a criminal:eek:!

I agree with Daniel that it would be a show of bad manners to actively promote another stamp company when on a sponsor's site, but I'm glad of Kathy's and Terri's "stamp of approval" (pun intended) on simply citing a stamp credit. Even magazines do this -- for example, while Stampington has its own various stamp lines, they of list any stamp that is used in a card regardless of the company.

blossom
02-26-2013, 02:56 AM
I always give credit because it is the right thing to do. That is the way I was taught to give credit where credit is due. Just because we may use another companies items they should still be mentioned because that item was used and just because we mention them is just to clarify what was used. What if I saw something and it wasn't a Posh or Judi-kins image I want to know who made it and I see nothing wrong with stating that. It makes things easier for me anyway. Also inks and stains EB powders. I want to know that too that includes embellies too...........the flower child

loosluck
02-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Judi has never told me that you cannot use other stamps. I do feel that we should at least encourage others to try to purchase from Judikins. I am especially pleased that she has accepted me as a moderator so I try to send business her way in any way that I can.

redned
02-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Keep in mind that Judi-kins & Posh both offer(ed) non-stamp products.

I have Dee's markers, inks, and papers (from years ago.)

Daniel
02-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Judi has never told me that you cannot use other stamps. I do feel that we should at least encourage others to try to purchase from Judikins. I am especially pleased that she has accepted me as a moderator so I try to send business her way in any way that I can.

LOL, Loosy! Yeah. The moderator thing aside, it never hurts to promote our sponsor's products when we can. Nor does it hurt to let Judi know if there are products we'd like to have her company produce. I keep lobbying for some Judikins to be available as rubber-only--no cushion or wood mount.

And I promise you guys! Judi responds to your input. She's a 'keeper'!:)