PDA

View Full Version : Who's your viewer?

Daniel
03-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Many of us CP members are excellent @ sharing pix of the projects we make.

And there are lots of pieces that are sent to others to have & to hold.

But... I often find that aspects of some of my work doesn't easily lend itself to showing up clearly when it is scanned or photo-ed.

Case in point. I'm working on a project for a swap. I used an embossing folder on (woven) ribbon & the results look 'good', but I know that the embossed ribbon is probably not going to be easy to see except by my swapmate when she holds it in her hand.

So my 'start up' question for this discussion is...

When you create a project, how much do you consider its ability to be scanned/photo-ed?

loosluck
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
You never really know Daniel.I scanned some thiings that t thought would show up great and looked awful and others that I had no hope for and they were great.

Daniel
03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
You never really know Daniel.I scanned some thiings that t thought would show up great and looked awful and others that I had no hope for and they were great.

Yeah, Loosy. And TY for posting.

I've had that happen a lot of times, but what I'm asking is whether the scanned/photo-ed version is something you think about when you create a piece--mostly ones that will go to someone IRL & (also) be shared as a visual on a gallery/site.

I asked this 'Q' on another of my communities & got some feedback.

A couple of posters said that they tend to be more concerned with 'hard-to-seeums' when the project is for an online challenge. If it's a swap or just sharing a project they've sent to someone, they are not as concerned about the matter. They just explain what they did that doesn't 'show'.

stampwilly
03-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I do think about it when making my cards for the design team or doing a challenge that I show on my blog -- otherwise I don't worry about it much. I do have a good setting on my camera that works quite well, but not always. Purple is the hardest color to photograph, because it usually looks blue.

Stampwilly

blossom
03-08-2013, 01:17 AM
I don't think about it at all. I just make what I want and never consider the technical difficulties of it. I'm not technical at all I just want to push a button and do what has to be done. I think that scanners don't always show the true beauty of the piece. I'm not good with a camera either. I do like showing the piece the best I can and talking about what the camera or scan doesn't show really helps IMHO. Also 2 people rarely see the same thing the same.......the flower child

redned
03-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Just like Blossom, I don't think about it at all.:confused: