PDA

View Full Version : Ever put a card on another card?

Daniel
06-22-2013, 10:14 AM
In a way, our recent group-submission of 'mini' cards is the inspiration for this topic--and in two ways...

For the challenge we had to work 'small' (no bigger than 3") & we had to do fold pieces--as opposed to panel style cards (my favorite kind:D).

That got me thinking/wondering...:eek: What if I used the idea of 'mini' cards & fold type to play? And you know I love to play!

For instance... Let's say I am doing a tag & want tweak it by adding a card to the mix. I might go 'twinchie' size (2") & make a fold card as an element of the tag's design.

I could do a simple fold-in-half, gatefold, accordian, etc. My mini 'add' could be shaped or not. And if I were doing a 'standard fold card':rolleyes:, I could add my mini one to the card front or its inside.

OK. Your thots, comments, examples?

loosluck
06-22-2013, 05:01 PM
What if we did a twinchie album. It would be challenging but what a great piece to send to Grandma or newly weds.

Kathy N.
06-23-2013, 05:17 AM
Actually, for the valentine submissions I did cut out a little two inch folded hear I was going to put on the front of one of the valentines but I ended up doing something else.

Daniel
06-23-2013, 07:04 AM
What if we did a twinchie album. It would be challenging but what a great piece to send to Grandma or newly weds.

As a card-on-a-card that would be fun, Loosy. I used 'twinchie' in my post to indicate a possible size for a mini fold on another card.

I actually added a mini to another already 'finished' card yesterday. I used a butterfly stamp & just to keep me on my toes I did it as a gatefold with 'angled' sides. I'll share it soon as I can. It didn't turn out too bad, but I want to figure an easier way to do this kind of fold.

Kathy N.
06-24-2013, 05:23 AM
I've also put pockets on the front of folded cards to hold a tag, ATC or a mini card.