PDA

View Full Version : Tragic news for all CPs

Daniel
08-10-2013, 08:27 AM
It is with a very heart that I share the loss of a valued friend to so many of us.

Our own Kathy N. died very suddenly.

Her husband, Frank, called me with the news.

According to him, she was suddenly short of breath & although she got to the ER & they did CPR , they were unable to resucitate her.

I am unable to take this horrible news in & I'm sure that will be true for all my fellow club members.

I know many of you have Kathy's address & I'm sure her family would welcome our expressions of sympathy & grief.

A sad day for all of us.

Dekamay
08-10-2013, 09:48 AM
That is so tragic,My heart goes out to her family and everyone here at CP,such a shock ,she was a truley wonderful lady,May God bless all.Daniel it is a very sad day for all as you said.

blossom
08-10-2013, 10:03 AM
It is with a very very sad heart to hear this news. You will be missed greatly my friend. Yes it is very tragic and and heart wrenching. My heart goes out to Kathy's loved ones. May God Bless you and comfort you at this time of loss. This is a sad day indeed. Love you Kathy....the flower child

glittery night owl
08-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Lois just emailed me and I am crying so hard I can hardly type.

She is my friend and we talked on email almost every day. She never said anything about being short of breath. We never talked about
the club but everything else under the sun and moon.

I will miss her so much she is loved by me and so many others.

Trudy

DebRN
08-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I also just received an email from Lois. I am shocked and saddened to hear of this loss to her family, her family at Club Posh and to all crafters. I just recently sent her the COTM for this month. She was a lovely lady who was a wonderful friend, wife, mother and crafter. She will be greatly missed. As an RN, I know things like this can happen, but it is still hard to accept, especially when it happens to a wonderful friend. Kathy and I shared a love of Asian Art and we both loved to send cards and ATC's to one another. I will miss you, my friend. Prayers to her family, Hugs, DebRN

Daniel
08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
When I first joined CP, I was not immediately aware of how 'Kathy N.' worked in the membership.

Needless to say, it didn't take long before I knew I'd met a kindred spirit in so many areas--well beyond our club.

While I mourn her untimely death, I celebrate her life.

She was unfailing in her ability to encourage all of us to be active members, but never put others down.

While Kathy & I never met in person, I had the luxury of hearing her voice on the phone on numerous occasions. And we, too, emailed back & forth. I loved the fact that Kathy could curse like a sailor & didn't mince words, but was unfailingly proper in all her online posts.

She was a classy lady & I thank God that we were friends!

blossom
08-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Daniel sent me the sweetest e- mail. Thank you Daniel. If anyone would like to send Frank (Kathy's husband) an e-mail I have his e-mail address I can send it to you. Or if you would like to make a Sympathy card I have the address also. Just send me an e-mail and tte which you would like to have the e-mail address or the house address send to.....the flower child

koukla4@verizon.net thank you

loosluck
08-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I am so sad to hear this news. Kathy was a wonderful moderator and a friend. She has helped me so much over the last couple of years. She will be sorely missed.

TerriO
08-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I am having a hard time with this news. Although I had not known Kathy as long as many of you had, she never treated me as a stranger. I felt so welcomed by her from day one on this site. She was always so thoughtful to post my accomplishments and encourage me. I will miss her creative nature and sense of humor. She was indeed a kindred spirit. My heart is heavy tonight. I will miss her. Prayers to her family.

JulieB.T.
08-10-2013, 04:13 PM
This is such a shock to read. I just now saw that our wonderful Kathy has died.Her beautiful cards and jewelry making and her welcoming friendly personality always came through to us here. I have come very close to many of you here at Club Posh over the years. The tears are still coming as I write this. I will miss her very much!! I hope Frank knows how much she meant to us all. I will email you Lois . This is such a big loss for all of us here at Club Posh. Hugs to you all, and to her family prayers and love.Julie

stampwilly
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I have been away for a few days and just sat down at the computer and read this! I am so sorry to hear about Kathy. She was a wonderful person and crafter. I will really miss her as all of us will. My prayers are with her family as they will be going through a hard time.

April

gingerbaby
08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I also was away for a few days and just now heard the terrible news about Kathy.:( I will miss her terribly. I still can't believe it. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
hugs,
Brooke

cardmaker
08-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I am shocked and very saddened to learn of Kathy's passing. She was a wonderful moderator and adored her new granddaughter. My sincerest sympathy to her husband and family and I hope their wonderful memories of Kathy will help them through this difficult time. Rest in peace, Kathy.

Janet

judikins
08-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I am in Cincinnati where we just finished the StampAway USA show. Was finally able to check emails and got Lois's msg. This can't be real? I'm crushed. All of your posts are wonderful and wrap up my thoughts exactly. I will miss Kathy so so much.

Warren
08-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Judi just told us of Kathy's passing on and we send our thoughts and prayers to her husband and family.

We believe that besides Judi and Rob, Kathy is largely responsible for Club Posh continuing to exist. All of the friendship and love that you members have extended to each other, the support, the enthusiasm, the extension of bonding throughout the country and even abroad was largely due to Kathy making it possible with her countless time devoted to the club. Club member friendships will likely last a lifetime. That's the "stamp" she put on Club Posh and on JudiKins.

We send our love and best wishes to her family, to all in the club, and to all of the people she knew and blessed.

Dee and Warren

blossom
08-11-2013, 10:52 AM
I took the liberty to send a message to Suze Weinberg everyone remembers Suze from the melting pot craze. A wonderful friend to the crafting community. Suze asked me to post on her behalf. I'm glad to do it for Suze....

"Kathy took every single class I ever gave in my NJ studio. She was a great friend and loved playing with UTEE and the Melting Pot. She made beautiful jewelry from it and I learned a lot about jewelry making from her. I just adored her and I always thought it was so wonderful tht she made Frank drive her to all those classes. I am so stunned by this news. I hope there was no suffering and I will say prayers for her and her family for wholeness and healing."from SUZE

Isn't tht so lovely.........the flower child

Daniel
08-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Lord love you, Lois. There was no liberty taken.

Kathy was involved with many online groups & more.

During our conversation, Frank mentioned that he would have to find Kathy's pasword to her files before he could contact any of her other friends/groups. Says a lot about the man Kathy loved!

By all means. If any of our club members have people that will want to know about Kathy's death, please do so. I know Frank will appreciate it.

While CP was my first stop to share the sad news, I also shared it on 2Ps where Kathy was known as 'Beady'. They mourn her loss along with us here.

More than one also 'blessed' Frank for going the extra mile of contacting someone in Kathy's online communities. As they said, so very often an active
member suddenly goes off the grid & we have no idea why.

redned
08-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh my!

I am at a loss for words.

Kathy and I met a number of years ago when the craft store she worked in was closing. It was strange that we hadn't met before that, but she worked there during the week, and I only shopped on the weekends.

We talked on the phone occassionally, sent each other sales alerts, and got together a couple of times a year - For the Allentown stamp show, the Ranger warehouse sale and the local NJ scrapbooking show. I was looking forward to going to that show with her next month.

:( Nedra

redned
08-12-2013, 03:52 AM
here's the link to Kathy's obit that was published today -
http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starledger/obituary.aspx?n=kathleen-a-nycz&pid=166394077&fhid=17060#sthash.j6H7TLVo.dpbs

I'm still in shock.

blossom
08-12-2013, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the link Nedra......the flower child

AmyS
08-12-2013, 06:24 AM
Trudy very kindly let me know of this sad news. I don't visit the Club anymore, but I will always remember Kathy, and I will treasure the beautiful necklace she made and gave to me. She was a sweet and talented lady.

Diana Jones
08-12-2013, 08:40 AM
I too have been away a few days and find this news to be so sad and unnerving. Kathy was known by me as Nancy for a time because of her last name I suspect. She took it in stride and said I wasn't the only one to refer to her as Nancy. She will most assuredly be missed by everyone at Club Posh! I will hold her family and friends in my prayers.

glittery night owl
08-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you Nedra, and it also makes it easy to send flowers,

it gives a link right there. I know Kathy has always loved flowers :D

Trudy

ohdella
08-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

Steve and I would like to extend our condolences to all of you here in the club. We know firsthand how wonderful and loved Kathy was. I was so shocked when I heard this news and I wanted to let you all know that we are thinking about Frank, the rest of her family, and all of you here during this time.

I can't stress enough how wonderful and helpful she was during our time with the club and I know that she was best friends with many of you here.

Our hearts go out to her family. She will be missed!

Steve and Della

JeanneLee
08-13-2013, 07:56 AM
I am shocked as I know you all are to hear this news! Thank-you, Lois, for emailing and letting me know. I have been on and off this board since 2005 and KathyN always made you feel welcomed. She and I were partners in the stick-pin swap this past May and I know I will always cherish those pins!

Praying for Kathy's family...it makes one realize that our time here on earth is brief and to cherish all those moments with our families and friends. KathyN, you will be missed.

Daniel
08-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Like so many of us CP members, Kathy was a wonderfully quirky human being.

She was comfortable with her creative talent, but rarely cocky.

She was always as diplomatic as possible when dealing with issues as a moderator, but she knew when not to mince words (always in private).

As a member, her desire was to have CP remain a vibrant & growing group--a desire evidenced by several others in our group.

With her loss, CP has lost one of its strongest voices, but not its only one.

SuperMatt
08-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Sorry for the late reply. More sorry to hear about the sad news. May her memory be a blessing

photostamper2
08-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Sorry to read the passing of Nancy. I have known Nancy many years, we have been on a few design team together. She was a guest artist on Wednesday Women blog at my request twice.
Always enjoyed seeing her beautiful artwork. She will be missed.

kaybee
08-22-2013, 04:28 AM
I was still at Ann's when I heard the news, but have waited till now to write anything because I knew that I would be a puddle of tears trying to write. Even now, I can't see my typing. Kathy was the one who wanted me to report on what I saw at Stampaway.She was always so kind to me , and I remember praying over snowstorms and hurricanes and being worried at how she was getting by with the strange weather.
she will be sadly missed. I know she is with her Lord, but selfishly I wish she was still with us. The world was a better place with her.

The Shermanator
09-16-2013, 12:09 AM
What a shock to lose such a young and energetic person! I've only been active in CP for about a year, but Kathy was one of the initial reasons for my participation. She was very encouraging and clearly cared about CP.

In memory of her, I think we should all make a bigger effort than ever to think of ways to keep this club alive. She was a bit frustrated about the club's stagnation at times, and expressed the desire to get more of our members involved in contributing and carrying out fresh new ideas. We owe it to Kathy and ourselves to revitalize Club Posh.

loosluck
09-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Well said Sharon.

Southern Belle
09-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Having been "under the weather myself" plus my computer also being out of whack for a while, I am just learning this tragic news. I wondered about the stamp I got in the mail and picture of Kathy from Frank, but didn't know what I had missed. I always liked to get her name for the swaps or get something from her for they were always so unusual and pretty. I'm glad I saved all of them now, for I have a real memory of her and her love of stamping. My heart goes out to Frank and the family. We will all miss her. Also being a nurse, I can understand how these things can happen so suddenly. We just have to know that God is in control and with us every step of the way.

Virginia (Southern Belle)

Eph429
10-04-2013, 02:35 PM
This is a shock and I am sorry to hear about it. Here is October 4th and I am learning about it for the first time. Kathy was great to upload cards when I couldn't figure out the mechanism to load to the gallery. She certainly will be missed.