PDA

View Full Version : Do you have fave patterns for PP?

Daniel
11-04-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm not refering to brands so much as things like stripes, dots, plaids, florals, etc. But feel free to share whatever.

By-in-large, I'd have to say that stripes of all kinds are my most favorite pattern type. I find them so versatile. I can cut the stripes into strips, miter them to create frames & more. And I also like checkerboard patterns. Not only are the useful as is, but I can treat them like stripes in many cases.

Your turn...:)

loosluck
11-05-2014, 06:38 AM
I just love dots but when I buy them I don. 't want to use them. I keep saving them for the really great project that I'm going to do. My daughter thinks I am a hoarder and maybe I am a little, but I'm lovable anyway. Just ask Faith(my daughter).

My other daughter Helen just turned 52 yesterday. I don't know how because I'm only 55 and if you believe that I'll tell you another story.

yankee
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I never thought about pattern paper. I think it is mostly the color blue that makes me buy paper pad. I love blue, any shade any pattern as long as it is blue!
I have bought some paper that was just very pretty and of course I will never do anything except look at it! Silly me!

winsrella
11-05-2014, 02:36 PM
I love polka dots. All sizes of dots. I use them often and imagine I have a boat load of them.

Daniel
11-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Great posts everyone!

Ann. Dots are another of my fave patterns.

How about I add another aspect to this chat?

Repeating or random patterns. Have a preference? And you may interpret the terms as you wish...

I find I (often) get the greatest use out of repeating patterns since I can punch, diecut, fussycut identical elements for one or more projects.

How 'bout you?

redned
11-07-2014, 04:02 AM
repeat patterns -

M-A-N-N-N-N-Y years ago, I was doing the invitations for my niece's Bat Mitzvah. The theme was Warner Bros. Looney Tunes (don't remember why).

I used wrapping paper to make the envelopes. Without trying, the template size matched the pattern repeat, and every envelope was identical.:cool:

loosluck
11-07-2014, 08:17 AM
You were very lucky, the envelope must have been just the right size.

I like random, you can use the same pp and still get different designs.

TerriO
11-07-2014, 06:19 PM
I just love paper. Have been that way since a small child. I used to love to buy stationery. Not sure many people even carry that anymore. I would go to the 5 and 10 store or the drugstore and just look at all of the designs and ooh and aah over it. It would take me forever to pick out a pattern.
I also love wrapping paper. All kinds. I so enjoy wrapping gifts in general even though I know the paper will be torn off.

I have been working PT in our local scrapbook store and all of the paper is beautiful. I just drool.(well not really drool not sure Micki would like that.
Sadly however she is going to be closing due to the economy. She has been so good to give me many many many sheets of paper. I come home at night and then maybe I do drool a little over them. I just love them all. It has been hard to stay focused at work because I want to try out so many items I see.

Sorry I went on about more than paper. I do love dots and patterns. I like the paper that kind of has that grunge or collage look. I love the brown kraft papers with designs.
Not big on vellums, never really found a glue that works well with them. Also love the handmade papers.

Oh heck let me just say I never met a paper I didn't like! It can all be used one way or another.

As a small addendum, boxes are my other vice. Paper and decorative boxes. Okay I am going to hush now.

cardmaker
11-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm with you, Denise! I love paper too and also had loads of stationery. I gave away a lot of the stationery as the computer email has sort of taken away the art of writing letters by hand and actually mailing them. I am hoarding a lot of patterned paper because I find it hard to bring myself to use it. :o I'm going to have to make a resolution to 'get with the program 'and use it. Trouble is, I can't decide which to use first! :confused::eek: :)

Janet

JulieB.T.
11-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I also love stationary and still have lots of it.In fact, I was going through some this am and was going to donate but decided to write some letters! I will have to keep it on my table so I don't forget.All these young people think they will save their emails, but I bet eventually, they will toss them because they won't want to go back through them to see which ones to keep.Same with pictures. I'm afraid they will get lost .I try to print out as often as I can on Kodak papers.

loosluck
11-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Does anyone remember the Paper Dolls. That is where my love of paper started. I would cut them out and dress them over and over again. Guess what? I still love Paper Dolls.

Wendy
11-10-2014, 04:35 AM
Paper dolls - oh so much fun! My little grand daughters enjoy them too!

Daniel
11-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Does anyone remember the Paper Dolls. That is where my love of paper started. I would cut them out and dress them over and over again. Guess what? I still love Paper Dolls.

LOL, Loosy! Remember when we did the challenge to 'dress Dee' as a paper doll? That was fun.

Hmmm.... Wonder if Judi would consider being a 'paper doll' for us to dress with PP & stamping?:D

stampwilly
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I love paper too. I like the vintage and distress look paper the most I guess. Florals and swirls are on top of the list!

Stampwilly

loosluck
11-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Can't hur to try. She has a great sense of humor.

winsrella
11-14-2014, 07:02 PM
i loved paper dolls as a kid. Cutting out the clothes was what I liked most. Guess that's where my fussy cutting began. My friend across the street and I made our own paper dolls as well. Hers were always better than mine, but that was ok. We had fun with them. A number of years later when I got much better, I made a set of paper dolls for the girls of a friend on mine. To this day, I think they still have them. Guess their girls play with them now. I still remember the paper doll family set that I didn't buy at the dime store when I was a kid. I always regretted that. I have gotten over it. Ha! Paper dolls still rock!!

yankee
11-15-2014, 08:36 AM
I loved cutting out paper doll clothes too. I never played with them, just gave them away. The fun was in the cutting. When my girls were young they went to pre punched clothes and that was no fun at all!
But I am sure that is why I don't mind cutting out my stamping and layering it, one of my favorite things to do.

Daniel
11-16-2014, 12:21 PM
LOL! Looks like my PP thread has been hijacked by the dollys! Truly OK with that--least we're chatting & that's always a good thing!

Watch for a challenge from me that combines what this thread chat has been discussing. Don't be afraid. Be very afraid!!! (just kidding):p