Club Posh

Club Posh (http://www.clubposh.com/forum/index.php)
-   Paper Products (http://www.clubposh.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tags (http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6297)

Kathy N. 04-23-2011 03:58 PM

Tags

Does anybody do tags anymore? I have to do a spring tag for a swap I'm in and I just can't get started. Do you buy your tags or cut them yourself? I have to use Ranger products so I'm thinking of cutting a tag out of glossy cardstock and doing a polished stone background in blues. Then I'm going to dye white paper blossoms pink with alcohol ink for cherry blossoms and glue them to a Sizzix die cut tree branch. I have Tim Holtz's bird and cage die so I'm going to cut out the bird and stick him on the branch. I think that will cover spring and using Ranger products.

Has anyone else done tags recently?

glittery night owl 04-23-2011 04:01 PM

Nooooo, but i do have a contanier of blank ones :eek: :D

Trudy

winsrella 04-23-2011 07:16 PM

I have never made tags. Oh yes, I have stamped a Christmas stamp in the corner of a rectangle I cut. That took no thought, but they were decent...and matched the present.

JulieB.T. 04-23-2011 09:19 PM

I have made them and purchased them. I would just make sure that the paper is stiff enough to handle anything you put on it.Sounds like it will be a pretty one!

Daniel 04-24-2011 06:38 AM

Haven't done any tags for awhile, but I do like working with them every now & then.

I like the hanging/attatched nature of tags--very different from 'just' cards. Plus I can turn tags into bookmarks & more. My fave shape is the classic rectangle with angled-top.

Kathy N. 04-25-2011 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the tag I finally came up with for the Ranger swap. I used the Tim Holtz caged bird die, pink sherbet alcohol ink, pearl mixative, cloudy blue Adirondack ink pad, frayed burlap distress ink pad and spun sugar stickles.

cobismom2 04-25-2011 05:09 PM

Normally, I use my cricut to cut them out and do a bunch at a time. I have been swapping tags since the first of the year, so it's been fun. Rather like putting small things in to small canvas'. Buying them if you only need a few is an idea, but if you need a bunch it's worth cutting them yourself. Good luck, they are a great deal of fun.

glittery night owl 04-25-2011 08:12 PM

Kathy that is an AWSOME tag:D and really like the caged bird alot,

Trudy

blossom 04-26-2011 03:53 AM

Beautiful tag Kathy, love the whole design. I do tags all the time. I even have the Tim Holtz tag die. So much fun. Tags are so much fun they are smaller than a card to work on and you can put any idea you like on a tag. Great thread I love it........the flower child

JulieB.T. 04-26-2011 08:56 AM

Wonderful card Kathy!

glittery night owl 04-26-2011 09:40 AM

Lois, would you please share your tags with us???? Thank you,

trudy

DebRN 04-27-2011 10:45 PM

Kathy, your tag turned out fantastic! Love the dimension to it! DebRN

Kathy N. 12-05-2011 07:23 PM

Has anybody been following Tim Holtz's 12 days of Christmas tags? I did one today for a swap. I didn't have the supplies Tim used so I improvised. I used some Posh stamps so as soon as the Stickles dry I will post it here.

JulieB.T. 12-05-2011 09:08 PM

No, but I have been following the Food Networks 12 Days of Christmas Cookies and I think I have the better deal.Sorry Tim:)! I'll go see Tim's tags right now!

Vhilleary 12-05-2011 11:16 PM

That is a very pretty tag. I just bought some and was too chicken to try that yet.You inspired me to get a move on it. Thanks!!