Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Archive > Archive Stamping in Our Lives > Archive Shows and Shops

Old 11-13-2011
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
Thanks for the shop review Ann. If anybody else knows of any scrapbook or stamp stores worth visiting, please let us know.
Old 11-17-2011
Super Contributor!

The One of a Kind Rubber Stamp & Scrapbook Show is this weekend in Madison, Wisconsin.
Old 11-17-2011
Super Contributor!

I am going to the mini scrap meet tomorrow. My sister in law, Sue had to work, so my ex was going to take me. Well, his car died, so I called TLC, who takes me to Drs appointments. I am allowed two non medical transports a month, so this will be one. Mostly scrapbooking, but EK success will be there, and I'm hoping they also have the MS punches. Our Daily Bread Designs will be there with their scripture stamps, so I know I will find stuff.
Old 11-18-2011
Super Contributor!

Kay, if you're like me, there could be only one vendor and I would still manage to find something to buy.
Old 11-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Kathy, you are right I did some serious damge. When I got there I looked at the book and saw that the vendors were a little different than originally shown. The only real stamp dealer was Our Daily Bread Designs. Someone had the Riley the Moose stamps, but they don't interest me. I went right to ODBD and got Phil 4:6 for my get well cards and a water pump and bucket with scriptures about water and salvation. I wanted something I could use markers with.Then I went to Scrap Happy from Tiffin, Ohio (a doable road trip) and got the Spellbinders Lotus Pendant and Die essentials from Scrap Happy, small doily die that will fit in the middle of my Medallion from Stampin Up that I have ordered.checked other booths and got some brads from Eyelet Outlet(sock monkey,Christmas candy and music notes for our new Worthy Matron at Stars, because her theme is music). Went back to ODBD and got Psalm 73:24,some words that fit into a small label and some bird and butterfly labels that the samples were beautiful. I think they will fit my Spellbinders lables. Went and payed $3.00 for a Diet Pepsi, but I was that thirsty and needed to sit. Went to Tesslers and got three jewelry pieces for Christmas presents for the Mom Grandma and great grandma of Wesley and Tenley. Now I need a small picture to fit in and I think I have some Crystal laquer around here. Went back to ODBD and got two borders with the dies to cut them out. Then I went back to Scrap Happy and got Spellbinder ovals. I still need some of the basics. Also got a Copic blender pen there and a small paper pack. Got some paper at another booth and some tape at Crafts 2000, a discount craft store in Monroe, Mich. Got a clear stamp at Jillybean and made myfinal trip to ODBD.Got a Cheery Lynn doily die and the metal plate to use in my CB. Also got a cat-tail stamp. Unfortunately both my detail stamps use brown and green, but i will be a start. Then I called my transportation and practically limped to the door. I did take my walker, but that was the longest I have been on my feet in a year. I was exhausted but happy.I had taken $100.00 out of my account and stop when I spent it, but dealers were taking plastic and I won't tell you how much I put on my card, but it beat the amount that I had taken out to begin with
Old 11-19-2011
Super Contributor!

I forgot the craft sheet I got for $9.95 and a Distress ink. And Scrap Happy also had little children LaLa stamps but i was stuck on die cuts there.
Old 11-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Here's a tip for stamp show money. I go to the Heirloom show in Allentown every year. I've been going since 1997. Started the first week after the show is over, I put $10 a week away. By the time the show rolls around again I have $500 saved up. I never have to use my charge card and I usually don't spend the whole $500. The last couple of years I haven't even spent half. Whatever is left I use for the bead show in August. This method has worked out well for me.
Old 11-19-2011
Super Contributor!

I actually have a bunch of cross stitch books that I want to pit on E-Bay and I'm hoping to earn some money to use for shows.
Old 11-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Good idea KathyN. Doesn't hurt as much the way you do it! Sounds like you had lots of fun Kay Anything new and outstanding in the cardmaking business or just more of the same?
Old 11-20-2011
Super Contributor!

Really pretty much of the same. Die cuts, Copic and such. About the only thing I saw new was a punch system from Creative Memories, but there was special equipment that you had to buy, so I didn't even stop to watch.Martha Stewart and EK Success are good enough for me.
Old 11-20-2011
Super Contributor!

Oh, and there was something else for stitching with ribbon. I didn't stop for that eiyher.
Old 11-21-2011
Super Contributor!

Kay, sounds like you really made out! Sometimes, you need to treat yourself. Afterall, these shows don't come around everyday. Glad you had a good and fruitful trip.

Oh and Kathy, that is a good way to save for your craft and bead shows. DebRN
Old 11-25-2011
Super Contributor!

No shows that I can find this weekend.