Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via Yahoo to vangerhofer
I love rhubarb and strawberries on vanilla ice cream...a sundae of sorts. Yum! Hugs, Verna
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via ICQ to photostamper2
Canning is something I used to do when my family had a garden, they would give me the extras when they were done canning or freezing.
My favorite things to can were lime pickles, dilled okra and tomatoes.
When the children were small, they loved for me to make dried apples, peaches and jujube. I had a large commercial dehydrator that would dry a bushel of apples in one load.
I passed the machine on to my son, he uses it to dry beef jerky.
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

I am only 1/2 Italian so maybe that's why we never called it gravy Gravy to me is only with meat drippings.(My Austrian grandma made gravy for everything But , who cares as long as it is yummy! Wow, that IS alot of tomatoes that you canned along with your father Annette! I canned them years ago, but only made about 10 quarts.My mom said it was silly since they are so cheap to buy, but it was fun and then I made these delicious sauces in the winter with them. She was the canning queen when I was a kid~cherries,pears,peaches,tomatoes,plums,spiced peaches,apricots...and we ate them ALL up! Oh yes, and then there were the jams and jellies Apricot/pineapple was my favorite along with strawberry.I also canned applesauce when my son was little.I think I am going to go have lunch and have a nectarine for dessert!Bye
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

I have been moaning and groaning all summer about no one having any fresh tomatoes around here. You guys are so blessed to have so many!! Wish you lived next door and I'd relieve you of some of those extra tomatoes!

I have never tasted rhubarb. It's not very well known around here. I've heard it's good.

I put salt on my tomatoes. Never have put sugar on them. Bet it's good.

I'd love to do a recipe swap! That sounds like so much fun. Get to play, and then have some new recipes to use!
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

My tomatoes didn't do too well this year, so only had a few. I remember my mom would make homemade tomato soup with her fresh tomatoes. How yummy it was, even though it was very hot in the kitchen, I just couldn't resist the nice hot tomatoey(is that a word?) rich taste of fresh tomato soup. Great memories of my mom's cooking. Wish I was half as good a cook as my mom. I am enjoying this chat topic, of course, I do love food! DebRN
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

I'm up for a recipe swap too! It would have to a big enough card so that we could decorate it with Dee and Della's stamps of course Sign me up!
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

I like the idea of a recipe swap!! We have done one before and it was really nice!! Has anyone pm'd blossom???? I know I still have to try some of the recipe's from the last swap! Julie, our last swap was 8.5.x.11.... I do like the idea of a 6x6 too... I would be up for either!
Old 08-26-2010
Angels are all around us.

The last receipe swap was so much fun, but I would like it to be 6 by 6
Much eaiser to do,
Trudy
Old 08-26-2010
Super Contributor!

I think recipe swap sounds great. I would like to be included if we do one. Everyone has such good recipes. I liked the comment about not being very good at making pie crusts. Me neither. My mom was an excellent baker and tried to teach me the art of pie crusts, but I never learned. So, to this day, when I have to make a pie, I make one that calls for a graham cracker crust. Like my Velvet Fog, which is a cheesecake-like pie. It is creamier than cheesecake. A recipe from the 50's.

Ann
Old 08-27-2010
Super Contributor!

Yum, Ann! Save that one to share with us So, is it just a regular piece of cardstock that is 6x6 because I have never seen a recipe card that size.I measured it out and it looks like a nice size to me. As long as there is some stamping on it I don't care what size I get from anyone......but, of course the recipe has to be yummy!
Old 08-27-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Recipe swap is on my list. I don't always read the Chat thread, so next time please bring up the swap ideas thread which would catch my attention sooner.

The topic of children got me so upset after loosing Spiros all I did was cry reading this thread, you should all cherish the time that you have with your children. Children are a gift from God and are not our property,even tho we like to think that they are. We raise our children to be independent, strong and to go out on their own. Children make mistakes they are only human after all. Try to remember when you were young, we all make mistakes. Love your children the way they are and do the best you can that is all that is expected of us. I'll get off my soap box now.

As for the size of the recipes I haven't decided yet. We definitely will be doing one that's for sure I love recipes too...........the flower child

PS for those that do the recipe swap I have a surprise at the end and i think that will make you all smile
Old 08-27-2010
Super Contributor!

Lois - You are a wise mom. I am sorry that we made you cry. I do cherish my time with my children. They are definitely gifts from God and my job is to raise them for Him so they become independent and capable of taking care of themselves.
It is when I look back on my own youth that I get a little nervous! LOL

Thanks for all that you do for Club Posh. I am so excited to do the recipe swap! Can't wait and now I am looking forward to your surprise at the end! Hmmmm...what could it be? You are such a sweetie! Lots of hugs
Old 08-27-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via Yahoo to vangerhofer
Blossom, I too am sorry you cried. And, I do cherish my children but I have to let them go and let them live their own lives too. I know many times I see what I think are mistakes they are making, but unless they ask for advice, I figure maybe these are life lessons they have to learn on their own. All are adults and therefore, with the basics they learned at home, I trust them to make wise choices. It is not easy all the time, though to stay off on the sidelines and not give advice anymore. And, when they cry, I cry too with them. But when they are happy and laugh, I smile and laugh too. I guess that is the Mom in us. Take care my friend...hugs, Verna
Old 08-27-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Big Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) to you, Blossom.
Old 08-27-2010
Super Contributor!

My dearest Blossom I am sorry that you cried too... Sending big hugs your way... xoxo