Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Posh Swaps

Old 12-13-2012
yankee

I like the swaps with a swap mom (she could always ask for self addressed stamped envelope ). I don't mind doing lots ( I did one swap where I had to make 27) I used not to be able to made alike items, but all it is just doing lots of it, and now I can do it.
I also like one on one swaps.
I have been burned on many swaps, but it doesn't bother me any more. It is more important for me to make art, then to have people say oh or ahh! I am learning with each swap, I love getting a swap and trying to figure out how they made it. Sometimes I am even right.
Old 12-17-2012
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
Any thoughts to what you would like to swap next year? I'm listing some suggestions, if anybody agrees with any of them, please post to that effect so that Blossom has some idea of what we would like to do.

Image swap - stamped images only - if one on one, trade about 20 images with someone
Handmade backgrounds - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cardstock that you decorate for a background, not
embossing folders, something like polished stone, shaving cream,
etc.
Bookmarks - we love them and you can never have too many
Hand made gift - Daniel can give details for that
Ornaments - not necessarily Christmas
Embellisment - 6 x 9 padded envie of anything to embellish a card
Pocket card with a tag for the pocket
Embossing folder backgrounds swap part II
Printed paper swap

More ideas would be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2012
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Great suggestions Kathy. We need more input.........the flower child

stick pin swap
domino swap
I was also thinking of a seasonal tag swap which could consist of 4 tags one for winter, one for spring one for summer and one for fall. Each tag would me made during the season so this would become a year long process..
Old 12-18-2012
Super Contributor!

I especially like these:
Image swap - stamped images only - if one on one, trade about 20 images with someone
Bookmarks - we love them and you can never have too many (And I got a package from Blossom in the Secret Santa)
Embellishment - 6 x 9 padded envie of anything to embellish a card
Embossing folder backgrounds swap part II (I missed out on this last time due to equipment problems)
Printed paper swap (a great idea, if we're willing to let go of any)
I also like the seasonal tag swap.
Old 12-18-2012
Super Contributor!

Good Ideas

I really like the image swap. It would give us new pictures to colour from stamps we don't have (esp. JudiKins and Posh stamps).... and embellishments, embossing backgrounds and printed papers. We wouldn't even have to leave our craft rooms to find them. Great ideas!! I'll try to think of others (while I'm sipping eggnog ... LOL) ~ Wendy
Old 12-18-2012
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Nice to see some Poshies offering swap ideas. While ITA that it would be wonderful to have more members getting involved, let's be honest... Regardless of the whats & hows any group (including CP) is only going to have so many members willing &/or able to join in.

That said? I'm all for using this thread to energize our swaps--whether they include 'swap moms' or not. As we've already agreed, some swaps work best with a central (ship-to) person--like Blossom, Nedra, Loosluck--and I wouldn't change that. Other swaps can certainly be offered by individual members, too.

Either way, a one-stop thread for ideas is a winner in my book! So... Of the ones suggested (so far) I have some definite 'likes':

Seasonal Tag Swap. Sounds good. I'm already part of a 'monthly' tag swap on another site, but would consider doing Blossom's with a few reservations. On the other tag swap we can join/leave the swap for any month. I'd like the same option for 'Seasonal Tag'. Would also prefer not doing multiples for such a swap, but it's not a deal breaker. Doing X number of identical tags would, tho'. Long as I can do variations (even if I have to limit my element choices for all), I would consider joining.

Image, BG, Diecut, Embossed BG all sound do-able. Can't say I'm champing at the bit to do them, but would consider many if I don't have do much more than stuff a few envelopes--non-padded; non-specialty (per se). I have tons of stuff around that would work for almost all these swap ideas. Some is stuff I've done; others are ones I've gotten from friends (including lots of my CP pals).

'Pocket' sounds like fun. Again, not interested in doing identicals, but wouldn't say "No" to a few multiples. Might be fun to go a bit OOB (out of box) with this & not restrict it to 'cards with a pocket.

Might be fun to do 1-to-1 with a kit swap. I've had a good response with that idea on another site & have a 'twist' (or 3) I'd like to try.

Another suggestion that might be worth considering? We have several on-going (monthly) swaps here @ CP. I would like to be able to consider joining some, but very often I see that 'names have gone out' without seeing any thread that alerts me to a 'new' swap & a chance to sign up. I realize that writing a separate monthly thread is asking a lot, but it might result in greater response from CP members.

Please note. None of my post in any way reflects on any CP member &/or past or current practice. But I firmly believe that discussing all possibilities will benefit our club & all its membership.

Feel free to begin lighting torches, gathering tar & feathers & sharpening pitchforks. But send them via PM & I promise to provide a mailing address for shipping BTW? I love 'Sparkling Cyanide"
Old 12-18-2012
Super Moderator

Now who would tar and feather you Daniel. The monthly ATC swap is always open and you could always join. I have had people come and go on that particular swap. I have even had to drop a few from not participating. I'm sure that loosy as you call her would gladly sign you up for the COTM.

The reason that the swaps are changing is because I was buying envelopes and paying for postage out of my own pocket. I really wanted to step down as swap mom because of that. I rack my brain trying to figure out what to do.

Each year I ask for suggestions I get some and than when I post a swap thread no one signs up. I have also cancelled some of the swaps for people not wanting to participate. Look, even in this thread only a handful have come forward making suggestions. Maybe with the holidays upon us maybe this is not the right time to ask people for suggestions but I hope more people will jump on board and make suggestions. Thanks for your input Daniel, it is always appreciated...........the flower child
Old 12-18-2012
Super Contributor!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom View Post
Now who would tar and feather you Daniel. The monthly ATC swap is always open and you could always join. I have had people come and go on that particular swap. I have even had to drop a few from not participating. I'm sure that loosy as you call her would gladly sign you up for the COTM.

The reason that the swaps are changing is because I was buying envelopes and paying for postage out of my own pocket. I really wanted to step down as swap mom because of that. I rack my brain trying to figure out what to do.

Each year I ask for suggestions I get some and than when I post a swap thread no one signs up. I have also cancelled some of the swaps for people not wanting to participate. Look, even in this thread only a handful have come forward making suggestions. Maybe with the holidays upon us maybe this is not the right time to ask people for suggestions but I hope more people will jump on board and make suggestions. Thanks for your input Daniel, it is always appreciated...........the flower child
First off, Lois? A big Thank you for your post! I am very aware of how much you put yourself out there as a member of CP. And I do appreciate that writing this post involved real effort. Again. Thank you! Now...

LOL on the 'tar & feathers'! Trust me! I have my share of folks who are not keen on me--just like all of us. 'Sok. That's life.

Hope you don't mind if I respond to your post in parts...

"...reason swaps are changing...". I'm sure you are talking about the swaps you host. And ITA that no one who hosts a swap should be out-of-pocket moneywise, but that's up to the Swap Hoster to address before it becomes a problem far as I can see.

"...stepping down as 'Swap Mom'..." Again. That's up to you. I do see a place for 'SMs' here @ CP & I am not suggesting otherwise nor did you suggest I am pal.

I can appreciate how frustrating it must be for you (& your fellow Sms) to put in so much effort with so few (active) responses from our membership.

That, too, is not (from my experience) a new thing. As I've already said it's how things work. Good luck if you decide to try changing that.

At the risk of repeating myself once too often, Lois...

I am not advocating that we (CP members) eliminate the 'Swap Mom' as an option. I firmly believe it continues to be a useful one & has potential for growth of participation from members. Especially if SMs like you continue to step up to find ways to adapt 'what was' to what 'might be'.

Far as a 'right time' to have this discussion? Never going to be a 'right time'. The longer we put off attempting to work on some of this in hopes that timing will help increase input is (I fear) a nice hope, but only a hope.

All any 'active' CP has to do is take a gander @ the members list & see how many members actually partcipate in any way to appreciate that most 'members' are & remain stop-byes. True of all the groups I visit.

CP has been very fortunate as a group. We have been allowed great latitude in determining the present & future of our club.

Our current sponsor Judi has continued that tradition of allowing us to 'run the show' & I am grateful to her.

I continue to like having this thread about Swaps @ CP.

I hope members will continue to offer suggestion for swaps.

I also hope members will consider using this thread to move us forward in more than just swap ideas.
Old 12-18-2012
Super Contributor!

I like both the kit swap and the seasonal tags.

Daniel no one gets tarred and feathered for stating an opinion. A pin stuck in a voodoo doll every now and then may occur, but no tar and feathering.
Old 12-19-2012
yankee

Just do them, a new one every month. That way we can pick and choose.
Ask for SASE, that will cut you costs down. If one or two still cost you, ask to be embursted. I don't think people understand the costs. I have a gasp, every time I go to the post office to mail something.
I like ATC, I start out in Jan making two different ones, one to mail and one in case( I don't have time, or not in the mood, get sick, etc). That is how I mostly the first one who sends theirs in. Always have one in reserve. I did the same thing when I was in the card of the month.
But I like new things to try.
So let's do it and talk less!
Old 12-20-2012
Super Moderator

Yes, right away Sheila..........the flower child
Old 02-27-2013
Super Contributor!

A member suggested a bookmark swap, but instead of traditional bookmarks we make those little triangle bookmarks that fit over the corner of the book page.
Old 02-27-2013
Super Moderator

That would be easy enough...you can just stamp on the corner of an envelope and then cut the corner off. Just a thought.......Of course you could always make them out of cardstock for added stability. Either way it would be fun.
Old 02-27-2013
Super Moderator

That is doable. Any more ideas floating around...........the flower child
Old 02-28-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy N. View Post
A member suggested a bookmark swap, but instead of traditional bookmarks we make those little triangle bookmarks that fit over the corner of the book page.
Since mom & I are avid readers, bookmarks never go amiss. I like the idea of doing the over-the-corner ones. Lots of room for doing various versions--simple to less-so.

Another candidate for boomark-swapping? How about ones that will mark more-than-one-page? They might work well for things like cookbooks & other non-fiction where we want to mark several spots in the book.

And speaking of food (we do that a lot), it might be fun to try something along those lines. Perhaps the host could designate the topic--cookies, main dish, crockpot, etc.. Then the swapmates make a useable recipe card (with some stamping on it). We might even decide to choose a specific dish--say mac & cheese--and each swapper does their piece for just that whatever.