Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 05-07-2010
stampedinhisimage

I just made a trip out to my garage/craftroom to see what it is I bought a while back at a garage sale that I thought might be fun. I paid probably $3. for a box with a pottery wheel in it. I think I bought it thinking I could use it somehow with paper and paint. I'd better keep it handy and play with it when I can use my hand better; strained my wrist.

I love garage sales; you get some great items for really reasonable prices. Two weeks ago my DH only got out of the car because it was such a small sale. He came back to the car and handed me a brand new Heat tool still in the box, he paid $1.00. I couldn't believe it, he's paying more attention than I thought!
Old 05-08-2010
Super Contributor!

WOW! Diana, that's an awesome deal! I wish I could find stuff like that at a sale. I've got to start going to more garage sales. They're kinda fun. Like a treasure hunt. JIL
I forgot about this thread. We had so much fun with the spin art. I think you could make a pottery wheel work the same way. Let us know what comes of it.
Old 05-08-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via ICQ to photostamper2
A pottery wheel sounds like fun. Diana, you DH sounds like mine. He likes going to sales and flea markets. Over the years he has bought me some really nice stuff. The last thing he purchased was a professional air brush kit complete with air compressor. I made some very nice backgrounds using re-inkers and Spellbinder Impressabilities.
Old 05-08-2010
Super Contributor!

Speaking or "air", I saw in Costco where they sell six cans of compressed air.I almost bought them but thought it would take me awhile to use them up.I changed my mind am going to get them the next time I go there.I can also use them to clean my computer keys! I read somewhere where you can spray the air onto the drops of Alcohol Inks and Dee's Irresistable Inks and they make great patterns!
Old 05-09-2010
Super Contributor!

you know what i forgot about. blow pens. they should make good backgrounds. dee used them after she fininished her stamping.will have to see where mine are.
Old 05-09-2010
Super Contributor!

Julie,
Tim Holtz has a video doing just that. He puts down a drop of alcohol ink onto glossy cardstock & sprays on it with compressed air to move it around. I always wondered if it would also work with Dee's Rainbow inks. It looks like a cool technique. JIL