Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 07-04-2019
Super Contributor!

Happy Fourth! Enjoy the day and be safe!

April
Old 07-04-2019
Administrator

Thanks April!! Yes Happy Fourth toy and to everyone too!! Do you guys BBQ or have family over?

Blossom, I bet your city has the BEST celebrations of all America! But hee hee, I love all the happy people and watching the kids, but sheesh...when there's bazillions of peeps, I'd rather stay home. We go to one of the neighboring city's festivities since they have a wonderful fireworks show. We meet up with a few of my friend's from school. There used to be quite a crowd. Now that my friends kid's want to go do stuff with their friends, it's not quite the same...but I'm a stickler for tradition...even if I'm the last one standing!! Hee hee. Actually, we're going to have a pretty good group so I'm happy.

Kaybee, good to hear your 'puter is better. Dumb technology! It's frustrating. i had some hiccups and stuff on my emails and it was a pain. Everyone blames everyone else. I'm convinced one company changes their rules and then everything doesn't connect and throws errors. Sigh.

HAPPY Bday Yankee!!! FYI, when the big fireworks goes "KA-Boom" tonight, we'll think of you and send you a happy "thinking of you" and best wishes for a super celebration!!

Wendy, when is the Nova Scotia holiday again... that is, the one that looks like our Independence day? Sorry, I'm being too lazy to look it up. I don't know if everyone here knows you sent me a bookmark that showed the fun info. I especially liked it, since it looks like our festivities, but for a different celebration!! I just love how far apart we all are, yet we are joined by so many things that are alike :O)

And everyone else...have a wonderful Holiday weekend. OOXX

Alrighty!! Super Duper. Love you all!! OOXX Judi
Old 07-04-2019
Super Contributor!

Happy July 4th to you all!
Judi our Canada Day is July 1st BUT we also have celebrations on August 5 for
New Brunswick day. We like celebrations!! Lol
Old 07-09-2019
Super Contributor!

I hope you all had a nice holiday. We kept it low key, but went to see son and fiance in Charleston Sunday and came back yesterday. Was a quick trip and it was very hot and humid down there. Not much difference here though. This week will be a little cooler - upper 80s instead of upper 90s!

Are any of you working on anything craft wise? I want to start on some Christmas cards today. I am participating in a Christms in July challenge. Hopefully this will help me get a jump start on Chrismas cards.

Have a good day everyone!

April
Old 07-10-2019
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Good for you it’s never to early to start Christmas cards. ..... the flower child
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

I can't get started with anything, yet, as I have had to go through all of my stuff and downsize by about 50 per cent. My stamping stuff, I am only getting rid of what I never use, though, like my paper making stuff and things like that. My manager says that I am a bit of a hoarder. I have gotten rid of a lot of Teddy bears keeping only my favorite ones. I have also gone through a lot of photos, and got rid of three whole albums. I am putting all of my cd's and dvd's in folders instead of keeping them in the covers they came in. That saves a ton of space. My sister and I spent a ton of time going through moms stuff and then dad's stuff and believe me they had lots. Dad had both a wood lathe and a metal lathe in the basement, along with all the tools and hundreds of tiny items that he never threw away. So now she's thinking ahead to when she has to do it for me. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm still kickin. She told me that I have enough stamps and not to buy anymore. Excuse me, (as Steve Martin would say) but I am an adult and I will decide if I need more stamps. In fact, I have my bus ticket for Stampaway. I am working on getting my stamping stuff in an orderly manner in my bedroom so my mgr. won't complain, bit until that's done, I can't start on anything.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

Good for you, Kay, getting things in order. I am hoping to sell a lot of my wood stamps. My neighbor says she will have a yard sell this summer and I can sell my stamps at it. It seems like she is waiting until cooler weather now. I do have them in boxes and ready! I just got back from the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in GA and came back with a lot! I took 4 classes and they give you a lot free supplies in the classes too! I have been playing with some of my new stamps and some Opal Polish I bought.

April
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

April, Good luck at the garage sale. I'm trying to sell big stuff, like a big Zyron, big paper making kit, big boxes from Hsn, odds and ends of inks. Planning to get smaller stuff at Stampaway. Distress inks, oxside inks, etc.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

My sister doesn't have to know what I buy. I.m a big girl..
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

I really wish more people would talk on Club Posh, the way we used to. I really miss hearing from everyone.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

Surprise! Surprise! Yesterday my sister shocked me. After telling me not to buy any more stamps, she gave me money to buy a stamp at Stampaway. Will wonders never cease.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

What a great surprise, Kay! Have fun! I have a ticket for the Stamp Scrap Art Tour coming here in Sept. We have not had a stamp show in our town for many years! I am going to the make n take event on Friday evening before the show! Denise, I was wondering if you knew about this show and if you will be going to it.

April
Old 3 Days Ago
Super Contributor!

Is anyone working on anything new? I finished making place cards last week for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner! 56 attending! The wedding is Sept. 1.
I had stamping friends over last week and we played with some background techniques. One was to rub Distress satins over plastic wrap, turn it over and smoosh the plastic wrap onto glossy card stock. Let it sit until dry and pull off the plastic wrap. I have done this with watercolors, but this method turned out much better. Hope you all are having a good week!

April

Last edited by stampwilly; 3 Days Ago at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 2 Days Ago
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

April good for you and congratulations! I’m not working on anything new. Great question tho..... the flower child
Old 2 Days Ago
Super Contributor!

Hi! Iím going back into my stash and am discovering stencils and spray inks. Lately most of my cards have something embossed on them. I continue to play with fun folds. But Iím favouring the simple is more with a touch of sparkle.