Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Archive > Archive Non-Stamp Products > Archive Miscellaneous Products

Old 04-30-2006
Super Contributor!

Sailor Pens: Storage and other stuff about them!

We've talked at length about storage of Marvy markers. But what is the best way to store the Sailor pens?

I do not want to store them vertically in a holder point/cap side down...because that way it is hard to see what color they are. But is it bad to store them vertically, cap-side up?

I have this little desktop mini-drawer thing that I bought at the Cheapo Dollar Store, and I have the pens stored horizontally in one of the drawers. I'll probably keep them that way if it's what is best for longest pen life.

For those of you who have had these pens for a while now...how do YOU store them? Thanks!
Old 04-30-2006
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

I store mine vertically heads up, i'm pretty sure that is how the directions suggested. I keep mine with some other things in a plastic container. I have had no problem so far.I must admit the colors are so pretty and work well on both light and dark colored papers how cool is that..................Blossom
Old 04-30-2006
Super Contributor!

Thanks, Blossom...when in doubt, read the directions!

I didn't realize there WERE directions...my eyesight is bad even with glasses when it comes to small print, and I didn't notice it until I looked closer!

Thanks again!
Old 04-30-2006
Super Moderator

My pleasure Christine i think the reason is so that the ink doesn't clog the point the ink comes out more than a normal pen have you used your yet?........Blossom
Old 04-30-2006
Super Contributor!

I haven't actually made anything presentable with them yet, but I've been playing around on scrap card...I LOVE these things!
Old 04-30-2006
Super Contributor!

OH!!! I didn't read directions either-what directions?? So have been storing in the little drawer in the little cheapie thing!! Is that not good??
After waiting for them, I certainly don't want to destroy them!!
Old 04-30-2006
Super Moderator

Miriam, i don't think you did anything wrong you keep them vertically so the ink doesn't flood the tip. Do you have a favorite color. They are pretty aren't they?....Blossom
Old 04-30-2006
Super Contributor!

Miriam, they are on the side of the pen in little-teeny-tiny writing. Looking at it closely enough to read it, I see that it does say *store horizontally or with point up*. So we're both fine here!

I need bi-focals.

Anyway, I can't decide what my favorite color is...I like the purple and the blue...and the pink and the yellow and the...heck I love 'em ALL!

Edited to add: I changed the name of this thread to make it into a general discussion about Sailor pens.
Old 04-30-2006
Super Contributor!

I don't have a favorite color-love them all and the one I'm using at any given moment is truly my favorite! It seemed as though the picture of them was on the shop at Posh page for so long but they truly were worth waiting for and they probably weren't there THAT long!
Old 05-01-2006
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to mcmoore
I ordered two in my last order with Sunday. I was a little leary because I've had the original white sailor pens and they never worked for me. I'm happy to report that the two I bought this time work just fine! I love the colors....can't wait to get more!
Old 05-01-2006
Super Contributor!

Whew...when I kept reading store vertically with cap up, I thought, uh-oh...but finally came to Christine's post...and sighed in relief...mine are stored horizontally.

"Let Go and Let God" - Miracles happen all the time!
Old 05-04-2006
Contributing Member

I too panicked for a few moments ! I just bought some about a good month ago and they're still laying on my craft table because I've been using and experimenting with them. I really like them alot ! The torquise is very pretty. Im so releived i can let them lay on there side or horizontally. I'll double check because i really like them alot. THANKS for making me to become more aware!
Old 05-05-2006
Super Contributor!

I was wondering how everyone uses their Sailor pens. I'm really interested in these and have not purchased any yet. I've only seen them on the beautiful black bookmarks from Dee and I was wondering if anyone had other examples. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2006
Super Contributor!

So am I! I ordered the pastel ones , but my last order has not yet arrived.
So, right now I only have the white one! But I use it all the time to accent dark papers, and I really like it because the white shows up so well! Can't wait to try the colors. I would love to see some of everyone's examples!!
Smiles, Darby

“There are many things in life that will catch your eye,
but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.”
Old 05-05-2006
Super Contributor!

I only have the original white sailor pens have had some get blocked and it is usually half way through writing with them, i know dee uses these and gets superb results. Andrew O.