Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 01-14-2003
Super Contributor!

Jil,
I continue to be amazed by your organization. This idea will save me my former frustration when looking at my rainbow sponged pieces and trying to figure out just which of my 30 or so inkabilities I used and what the sequence was. Also keeping the coordination of colors straight. So simple, but I never would have thought of it on my own.

Thanks a bunch,
Gretchen
Old 01-14-2003
Super Contributor!

spongeing

i tried my new colors and the quilt sponges tonight. i must say thar rhese turned out pretty good.i now have twelve cards almost complete. these are like quilt blocks. they are the same colors but different shades. that is one problem i have -- i just try to use up the ink all at once. i usually dont come back to the same colors.
Old 01-15-2003
Proud to be British

Re: What I do with strong patterns

Quote:
Originally posted by stampire
When I ink up my sponge, I follow a few steps. Here they are.
1. I write the ink colors, in order, onto a label & attach it to a clear envelope.
2. I then cut several pieces of glossy cardstock into 51/2"x41/4" pieces, and start sponging.
3. When I have used every bit of ink, I will put the papers into the envelope.

This way I know what backgrounds will go together perfectly.
The bolder images are used as my backgrounds. I then stamp a focal image, or two onto the lighter papers. I cut them out & attach them to the bold background. I do attach them with foam tape. That helps them to stand out from the bold backgrounds. I hope this helps you a bit.
Jil my goodness you can tell that YOU are an instructor Just love the organisation tips. Keep them coming
Stamping hugs
Old 01-15-2003
Super Contributor!

sponging

that was a great idea about writing down the colors you used and storing them in an envelope . today i am going to start using the idea. i like to use the whole page . guess i will start cutting them into quarters.
Old 01-15-2003
Happy lunatic

Jil, that is a great idea, to put all of them together and know what colors they have I have some folders but I don't keep them by color so much as by theme. I don't usually want to duplicate my creations, I like that they are always different. I usually use the floral brights but still end up with totally different shades as the colors mix. I supplement the floral brights from Earth tones and the Shady Forest, I find that I have all the colors I use in those.

I usually have problems with making them into cards. I just don't see myself throwing some duets on top like Dee does. That works for her but I am not her! LOL Thank you for the ideas The foam tape will definitely help with the problem...

Marta
Old 01-17-2003
Super Contributor!

Sponged Circles

I made an attempt at sponging circles tonight. I didn't like my first effort. Then I let loose and randomly sponged circles, half circles, and quarter circles. Half the edge of my sponge had red ink and the other half, watermelon. I covered the whole sheet. I love it! I think I have to stop trying to be so precise and just go with the sponge.

Gretchen
Old 01-18-2003
Super Contributor!

In the gallery

There are 2 cards in the galley--one with the sponged circles and the other with the sponged squares. The fish one is the one with the sponged circles. I hope you like the 2 cards and they may inspire you to do some yourself, maybe for the swap or the contest.
Old 03-23-2003

Send a message via AIM to cheryl72049 Send a message via Yahoo to cheryl72049
Marte you created something really neat looking...
Old 10-09-2004
Super Contributor!

This is a really neat idea. I love how it turned out.

Kaybee