Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 03-17-2007
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Question Which paper to use with Metallics?

I am really into Dee's dvds and am wanting to try the inks out, but need to know what paper is right to use?

Dee mentions in her More Magical Metallic Rainbow Sponge dvd about papers to use with the metallic inks...chrome coat?

I looked on the site to order from SI, black paper to do the rainbow sponge with the metallics...all I can find is bookmarks, envies. Anyone know what paper is best to use with the rainbow sponges...dyes or metallic inks??

Sorry if this question was asked before...

TIA
Old 03-17-2007
Super Contributor!

You can use either glossy or regular cardstock for the metallics, but the glossy will yield a smooth, highly metallic look vs. a matte metallic look on the regular cardstock.

I like using both! But black glossy cardstock is the kromecoat you are reading about. It isn't as absorbant as regular cardstock.

Attached are 2 samples; the gold metallic inks are sea sponged on black glossy cardstock and the background of the card is several metallic colors randomly sponged with the compressed sponges on regular black cardstock.

I like to make up the backgrounds and have them on hand. I made the mailbox card in about 20 minutes for my nephew last night.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2007
homeschmomof4

Thanks, Daylene, for the tip...I went down last night and played abit with just black cs.(FOUND the directions with the inks that I didn't see underneath the bottles!~)

Here is what I tried last night! LOVE the sheen on the black!

Now to go find a good sorce for black glossy paper...
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2007
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Footsie180
Nice work! It is fun to play the inks. Your first try was a success!
Old 03-18-2007
Super Contributor!

That is a good look, Jeanne. Daylene, as always you have great tips and explain it well. I love to order cardstock from Marco's paper co.. They have every kind you can imagine. Go to the website, marcos.com and you can see some and if you request a catalogue, they will send you one at no charge. Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2007
homeschmomof4

Thx for the website! I hear there is a Marcos papers in Ohio...I need to visit the next time I am visiting family there!
Old 03-19-2007
Super Contributor!

Jeanne, you'll love the paper from Marcos. I get a lot of paper from them online and it is very good quality. Wow! If I was able to go to their store, I'd have to take an extra empty suitcase and it would be heavy when I returned home. LOL!
Old 03-19-2007
Super Contributor!

Oh, Marcos is a very fun store!!! It has a rather unassuming look from the outside but once inside there is SO much to see. We were down in the area and took an hour and a half detour so I could go there - I owed my husband big time for that one - --- then my treasures filled up a fairly large section of the backseat.
Old 03-19-2007
homeschmomof4

I just faxed an order to Marcos today for some of their black glossy...can't wait to get it and try the metallics with it!
Old 03-20-2007
Super Contributor!

Send a message via Yahoo to vangerhofer
I have seen some pearl coated cardstock and it has sort of sheen to it but would call it more of a matte look. Anyone know what type of paper this is? I wouldn't really call it a glossy though. I would like to get some of that type..but hate to order a whole ream. Would like to buy it by the sheet or get an assortment of colors. That would be the best way to get it..but many times the papers are not available that way. Any help appreciated. Hugs, Verna
Old 03-21-2007
Super Contributor!

Marcos has several coated pearl papers. I have one of them that a friend shared a few sheets with me. It is gorgeous for layering but it is not one that takes stamping very well. I'd suggest looking on their website and just viewing the different pearl coated carstocks to be familiar with the prices, etc.

Then place a call to them. They are very nice to talk with and of course, will be knowledgable of their papers. They do sell their papers by the piece so you don't have to purchase a ream or even a smaller package. You can just try a few sheets if you want. Maybe you can go in with someone else who wants to place an order for other cardstock too and save on shipping.

All of their cardstock is great!
Old 03-21-2007
Angels are all around us.

When I go to the stamping conventions I head straight for Marcos. If you look they always run unadvertizes specials. Last time I bought alot of their black glossy paper. Sign up for their online newsletter although I have not received one from them in a very long time,
lacieluv
Old 03-21-2007
Super Contributor!

Send a message via Yahoo to vangerhofer
Well, I never get to a convention..too far away and no money to go there..saving my piddly moola for supplies and such for stamping. Well, it was Shirley who sent me a sample of a Cuddlebug background on that type of paper. She did not know what it was called either, and that was all she had left. Wasn't that sweet of her to send that to me. If I remember right, there is a section at Marcos website that says, "Can I stamp on this?" Perhaps that might clue me in a bit too. It would be nice to have a paper that would work for stamping on, too. I will look around a bit then. Hugs, Verna
Old 03-22-2007
homeschmomof4

Verna, that is very sweet...and yes, there is a section at Marcos that will tell you if you can stamp on their papers.

BTW, I ordered on Monday and got my papers yesterday! Thats what I call FAST service!
Old 03-27-2007
homeschmomof4

Well, I got some play time in past weekend and these were a few of the results I got on the black glossy! LOVE the sheen of the metallic inks!
Now to make these into some cards/ATCs!
Attached Images