Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Archive > Archive General Info > Archive Headlines

Old 03-22-2007

Send a message via Yahoo to Gabbey
I cannot tell you how much I have learned from you Carol. At times I scheduled my day around your show so I could catch every minute. I have watched show segments and obtained great instructions from the websites to complete a project. I appreciate all the information you gave us, the fantastic projects and the look at other artists and their work. I will miss you tremendously and wish you well in your next endeavor. Thank you for your loyalty to us (your fans and admirers).
Debbie Daniels, OH
Old 03-22-2007
AnnetteShort

Carol Duvall show demise

I for one am so sad to hear that Carol will not be a daily fixture in my tv watching. I have learned so many neat tricks from Carol and the many guests she has had on her show over the years! Carol, you are a good friend, and I'll miss my morning visits with you.

We NEED the wisdom of persons like yourself who have been crafting over the years to continue. I fear that many of the crafts will disappear when your show is no more.

Thanks for all the good and wacky times!

Bright Blessings,
Annette in NY
Old 03-22-2007
Contributing Member

Send a message via Yahoo to tgata
MANY MANY Thanks Carol for your wonderful wisdom that you have passed on to us. I will miss you on HGTV but look forward to DIY. Blessings to You!
Gayle Coleman
Hoffman, MN
Old 03-22-2007

To Carol Duvall from Judy J.

Hi Carol,

I wanted to say thank you for all your wonderful shows and let you know that I will miss your program. I also wanted to let you know how much your show has influenced my life.

I have always loved crafts. About 25 years ago in my late 30's I went back to school full time, completed my degree and have had a counseling practice since that time. Most of my energy went in the career direction as well as time spent enjoying my family and becoming a grandparent. In spite of all the good things that occured I always felt something was missing. I discovered in a workshop I attended that I had put the creative part of myself on hold.

One day while viewing HGTV for decorating ideas (the one creative outlet I kept going) I saw your show. I became very interested in rubberstamping and went to a shop one day and bought a few stamps. Now I make all my own cards and have found the missing piece in my life. This is my therapy.

I started taping the shows and my grandchildren became an inspiration to try
even more crafts as they enjoyed them so much. I even started a summer craft club with them where we get together about six times during the summer just to do crafts.

Your gifts and the wonderful ideas from your show have spread to another generation. Your down to earth style, your talents and those of your guests have enriched my life and the lives of my grandchildren. Thank you for sharing many years of your life. You have "made a difference".

May God bless you and your family as this chapter closes and you write new ones.

Judy J.
Old 03-22-2007

Send a message via AIM to JanieGee Send a message via Yahoo to JanieGee
Thank you, Carol. I have enjoyed watching you and your friends for sometime now. I have a collection of tapes (mine and yours) that should probably be transferred to DVDs! Because of you and your enthusiasm, I've tried my hand at almost every craft and have made some lovely things for friends and family. If you decide to create a mailing list or a blog, add me to it, PLEASE! I feel like I'm about to lose a good friend. May God bless you in whatever you decide to do. Jane Mitcham in Rockville, MD
Old 03-22-2007

Carol you're show was heaven sent for me. You had so many new concepts and projects that I loved. I may never get to do all but I do know when I'm up against a problem I go to your show to check it out and see if you had a solution. Nine times out of ten there was something there and it helped immensely!
thank you for your time and craftiness!

toni
Old 03-22-2007

We will miss you

Thank you Carol for many years of wonderful crafting. Unfortunately I am not able to get DIY and therefore will not be able to continue watching your show
(even thought it is in reruns). I love your enthusiasm and knowledge. The variety of crafts presented was wonderful. I am am avid rubber stamper and always found the segments didicated to this craft informative and helpful. I truly hope the the opportunity presents for your to return to TV to again lead us through the wonderful word of crafting. Thank you.

Chris
Old 03-22-2007

We will Miss You Carol!

I really didn't start crafting until I watched your show....I have taped it for years and tried to never miss your holiday specials. Every project you led us through was so beautiful and seemed so difficult until you showed us how to do it. I loved seeing your craft studio. You were my mentor and my TV crafting buddy. We will miss you terribly! We hope you are happy in your new endeavors!
Old 03-22-2007
Gumbys Pal

I have had the priviledge of watching Carol for many years now and I am so sorry that the show will be taken off. I have watched the reruns again and again because I always seem to have missed something, and then learn something new all over again.
I have been hoping that new shows would be filmed on both Carol's and Sandi Genoves' shows, and have even written to the channel asking when this would happen, but to no avail. Please include me in the well wishers for Carol and let her know that I would love to have her back with some new shows, especially with Dee and Priscilla Howser. You all seem to have so much fun. Best regards to all...Gumbys Pal.
Old 03-22-2007
wacchief

Hi Carol.

You are certainly going to be missed on HGTV! I considered you a friend (even though I had never formally met you) , who seemed right at home coming thru my TV! You filled a void for the average crafter with projects that were realistic and fun! May you continue to bring happiness to all who are lucky enough to meet you and share your expertise!

Gail
Old 03-22-2007

Send a message via Yahoo to lilibetd
I try to plan my day so that I am at the TV to watch Carol on HGTV!!!! Can't get DIY - what will I do?!?!?!? I have watched her for years starting on the "Home"(?) Show. See, can't remember the name of the show for sure but remember her! It just won't be the same now! Sorry to have her go!
Old 03-22-2007

When I heard that Carol wasn't going to be on anymore, I was so sad. I love Carol and her show. I love the guests, projects and ideas, but most of all, I love the attitude Carol showed. She was never condescending to her guests, never talked over the top of them or was arrogant. Carol was the perfect host and her projects were always timely and beautiful. Even my husband liked watching Carol's show, and he doesn't care for crafting or crafting shows. He's even made the comment that Carol wasn't annoying "like that host on the other show you watch" and how cute her projects were. I will miss Carol, and I'm saddened that she is being pulled for some "hip" new program when so many of us don't care for what's being decided is "hip".
Old 03-22-2007

Smile HGTV is losing a GEM

I have had the pleasure of watching Carol over the years on HGTV and taping it so that I can go back to replicate some of the procedures. Getting the instructions offline just isn't the same. Carol has such an infectious personality and it is like sitting down with a good friend to craft and have a fabulous time. The guests just never fail to surprise me with their wealth of talent. It is liken to a family reunion on each show. I got the crafting bug so bad that when Comcast upgraded our cable TV, I had to get the DIY channel. Thank God, I can get Carol back to back.

Recently I have really gotten into my card making and rubber stamping to put a personal touch on my cards to let others know that I care about them. I have used several ideas from non-stamping shows to add a little flavor and sizzle to my cards.

Someone said that your oldest friends are your best friends. That is what Carol feels like to me. Too bad HGTV will be losing one of the best!!!. One thing I know for sure for every negative there is a positive. Carol will continue to do amazing things and will give the gift of love for crafting.

Carol continue to shine that beautiful and warm smile to your new friends and family in DIY land. Bountiful blessings to you,

Connie
Old 03-22-2007
Super Contributor!

Thanks Carol

Dear Carol
I''m going to miss you very much. Over the years you became like an old friend, whose visits I'd looked forward to. You opened the doors to many hours of creativity and inspiration.
I'm presently retired in Central America, and along with my family and friends, I miss seeing you. No kidding!
When I finally got a phone and internet connection, one of the first places I visited was your web site. I need to have friends around to inspire me, and you have been there for me.
Losing your show is going to leave a huge hole in a lot of our hearts.
I wish you the very best. Words cannot express how much I appreciate all you've done for me.
RosemaryH
LaGarita, Costa Rica
Old 03-22-2007
Contributing Member

I am new here to this message board. I recieved this email asking for support for the Carol Duval show. I am Karen from Ohio. I just loved watching her. She gave me so many craft ideas. We don't get DIY. I will truly miss her show. She gave me a lot of craft ideas to do with my nieces and nephews especially when she had the kids come on and demonstrate crafts they were about nieces and nephews ages. so rainy days or colds days I got ideas for crafts for my nieces or nephews. I learned what age could do what crafts. Please let the Carol Duval show continue on HGTV.