Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Archive > Archive Stamping in Our Lives > Archive Stamping Stories

Old 08-12-2003

Unhappy help!!!

I desparately need some advice, in the next 24 hours. I am attending a convention and I have laminated some pins using a Xyron. I cannot get the backs to stay on. They are metal. I have tried super glue, goop, hot glue. Any other ideas? If I can't get these on I won't have pins to trade. Waaaaaaahhhhh!
Old 08-12-2003
Super Contributor!

Adhesive

Hi,

My suggestion would be to use E6000 adhesive to glue the backs to your pins. It can be easily found at your craft stores or Wal-Mart in the craft glue section. I use it for all embellishments that I think need that "extra" secure adhesion over and above regular glue. I often use a toothpick to help me place the glue exactly where I want it to go and then place my item (i.e., pin back) right on top. The glue dries fairly quickly to handle, but overnight it will be completely solid (and it dries clear). It does have some fumes, so try not to do too many at a time or make sure you turn on a fan or work where it is well ventilated.

This glue is often used to put together costume jewelry, so I feel certain it would do the job for you. Anyone else have ideas for Suzanne?

Best wishes and enjoy your convention .... they are loads of fun!
Old 08-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Another idea (BTW, that E6000 is WONDERFUL STUFF!!!), you could simply add magents to the back, they come self sticking, and turn those 'pins' into 'fridgies'. These do go over well at conventions as many people bring the pins home, remove the pin back, and put them into albums for storage.
Old 08-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Back in May I attended my first convention and made laminated pieces to use as pins. I had the very same problem. I tried all sorts of glue/adhesives and pin backs with no luck. Each time I tried the glue it would peel right off after it was dry. Nothing would stay attached to the laminate. I ended up passing them out as 'trading cards' instead of pins.

I would really love to find out what sort of glue WILL work (lol).

Patricia in FL
Old 08-13-2003

Cool

Thank you all so much for the posts. As you can see I am still trying to get ready for the convention. I will try the ES6000 and I also love the magnet and trading card idea. At least I am not as panicked now as I was.

I love this chat room and am looking forward to becoming more active. Perhaps I'll have some ideas to share.

The convention is Stampaway USA in Cincinnati. Dee used to be an exhibitor there, but is no longer on the list. Anyone know why or if she'll be back? I have a great picture with her from two years ago.

See you all after this weekend!!!! I think I'll try to take a picture of the pins if anyone would want to see them.
Old 08-14-2003
Super Contributor!

I've had the same problem. Just rough up the back of the pin with some sand paper. The xyron laminate is really slick & no glues will adhere your pinbacks perminantly. But, if you rough it up, the glue has something to grip to.