Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Miscellaneous Products

Old 02-16-2019
Super Contributor!

Stencils

I've noticed a lot more being done with stencils, lately. I know I get them every time I see Judi at the shows. Do you think that distress and oxide inks have something to do with it? I think that with those inks there is so much more that can be done. What's you view on it?
Old 02-18-2019
Super Contributor!

I think that has some merit. Tim Holtz uses stencils a lot to demo and with these new products he has been demoing a lot. He also has new stencils called shifters and he has gradient ones too so that may also be why stencils are being used more, since these ideas in stencils are new.

April
Old 02-23-2019
Administrator

Yep...stencils are all over the place. They're popular because you can use anything coloring medium with them: ink, paint, chalks. You can emboss with them, both dry and heat. And the best is layering without having to cut paper. You can see through the stencils so you can position the images exactly where you want. But (hee hee) for me, rubber stamps are still the first tool I grab. Then it's stencils to add that extra pizazz!
Old 03-11-2019
Super Contributor!

I am really enjoying using stencils for backgrounds and, for some, I use them as the main image with a die cut. Also using part of the stencil in the middle of the card, then use a stamp on top as a main image has been popular lately as well. Hugs, DebRN
Old 03-12-2019
Super Contributor!

Well, I got some of Tim Holtz's shifter stencils and that makes for a whole new way of stencilling! It is fun to see all the designs one can make. Also try rotating your stencil a quarter turn after you have stencilled the first time. And use a different color. That is really cool too.

April
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Contributor!

Great ideas everyone. I do still love to stamp, but also like trying other things, too. I have tried teaching stamping here and this month for Easter cards, I tried a different approach. We did Easter card with die cut eggs. They decorated them with enamel dots and tiny bows. That seemed to go over much better. So I guess if I want them to come to class, I will have to do what is more popular. Maybe I can sneak stamps in slowly, like for the greetings.