Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 01-20-2003
Super Contributor!

cotton squared backgrounds

I had seen at the dollar store some cotton squares that are about 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 inches in size. They have 5 rows of cotton across the square. I thought these would be fun to use with the bottles of ink to make backgrounds. Boy, do they make neat backgrounds. I dabbed some ink from 6 bottles of ink on to the cotton square. Then I spritzed it with rubbing alcohol, and then just dabbed away. Then I took a second cotton square and put metallic ink on it, spritzed with rubbing alcohol and dabbed away. I then let it dry. It looks like a mini flower garden all over the card. I then tried spritzing the card with rubbing alcohol and the colors just exploded. Spritzing the alcohol intensified the colors. I made sure to use rubber gloves with this, as the inks like to go all over your hands. I then finalized the backgrounds by spraying with a workable fixative. It is surprising what you can with these inks and trying different and unusual items. Boy am I glad I bought 2 bags of those cotton squares.
Old 01-20-2003
Super Contributor!

Wow... what a fantasic find that you found at one of my favorite stores.. I will have to look for these.. Your card sounds really awesome... are you going to upload it, so that we can see it?? It does sound really nice....
sue
Old 01-20-2003
Super Contributor!

that is a good idea.will try to find some of those. tonight i made a log cabin block from my sponged background. didn't turn out too bad.
Old 01-21-2003
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Footsie180
Wow! That sounds awesome. I am just starting to experiment with the sponge and metalic inks. Can't say that I have liked anything I have turned out so far. I will keep stamping and see if I can get something to enter the contest with. I will have to look for those cotton squares too! Thanks for the great idea!
Old 05-28-2005
Pansy Lover

revived old thread...

Since I just stumbled across this interesting background idea (found two card entries in old b-day card contest/swap/gallery) I thought I might bring it up to the "surface" for other "newbie" members to look at. Lately I'm immersed in learning background techniques (spectra tissue, black pearl, polished stone) and have liked all of the results so far...now I need to try this one. Anyone else had any postable results from Cotton squares?

Pray for the ones waiting for life giving organs.
Pray for the families of the donors.
Pray for the surgical teams.
Pray for healing.
Pray for the "bumps in the road" following surgery.
Pray.
A~